Castille transferring to Northwestern State

From the article

The Demons went 7-5 last year and are coached by Bradley Dale Peveto, who is in his first season at the school. Peveto coached under Bo Pelini at LSU, serving as the linebackers coach while Pelini was defensive coordinator.

Interesting to say the least. One of Bo's ex assistants picks up one of Bo's dismissals? Wonder if Bo helped Q find a new school?

I would dare to say that Bo probably pointed Q in that direction or at least made a call to the coach.

Best of luck to him! :clap

Published Friday August 28, 2009

Football: Castille headed to Northwestern State

By Rich Kaipust

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

LINCOLN — Former Nebraska I-back Quentin Castille has transferred to Northwestern State and will be eligible to play immediately at the Football Championship Subdivision school in Natchitoches, La.

According to a Northwestern State official, Castille arrived early today from LaPorte, Texas, enrolled in classes and will practice immediately with the team.

“He is here. He has signed scholarship papers. He is a Northwestern State football player,’’ sports information director Doug Ireland said.

Castille also might be set to help immediately for Demons head coach Bradley Dale Peveto, who worked with Nebraska coach Bo Pelini for three years at Louisiana State.

Northwestern State recently lost projected starter Sterling Endsley to an ankle injury and is down to senior William Griffin and freshman Sidney Riley at tailback. The Demons are replacing Byron Lawrence, who finished his eiligibility as the school’s No. 2 all-time rusher.

Because Castille is dropping down from the Football Bowl Subdivision to the FCS level (formerly Division I-AA), the junior is not required to sit out a season.

Northwestern State, 7-5 a year ago, opens its season Sept. 5 at Houston.

“Quentin said he was comfortable with the coaches there and felt at home there,’’ his mother, Wanda Castille, told the Shreveport (La.) Times. “That is where he wanted to go.’’

Ireland said Castille visited Northwestern State on Tuesday. He also showed interest or received interest from Memphis, Oregon and Texas Southern.

Peveto wasn’t immediately available for comment, but Ireland said Castille came with a ringing endorsement from Pelini, who dismissed Castille from the Husker squad last Saturday for violation of team rules.

“That was the stamp of approval,’’ Ireland said.

Castille rushed for 810 yards and 10 touchdowns in two seasons as a Husker. In his last game, the 6-foot-1, 235-pounder carried 18 times for 125 yards against Clemson in the Gator Bowl.

Northwestern State is expected to run an offense similar to NU under offensive coordinator Todd Cooley, who came to the Demons from Central Arkansas.

Since this guy coached under Pelini, would it be fair to assume that Pelini had a hand in helping him out and getting him there?

I would dare to say that Bo did point him in a direction. Just from the feel of it now (and since I calmed down :wacko: ) it appears Bo didnt want to kick him out, but had to... So I bet donuts to dollars that Bo made a call for him.

From the article

The Demons went 7-5 last year and are coached by Bradley Dale Peveto, who is in his first season at the school. Peveto coached under Bo Pelini at LSU, serving as the linebackers coach while Pelini was defensive coordinator.

Interesting to say the least. One of Bo's ex assistants picks up one of Bo's dismissals? Wonder if Bo helped Q find a new school?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he did. Good luck Q.

T_O_B

:)

Since this guy coached under Pelini, would it be fair to assume that Pelini had a hand in helping him out and getting him there?

I would dare to say that Bo did point him in a direction. Just from the feel of it now (and since I calmed down :wacko: ) it appears Bo didnt want to kick him out, but had to... So I bet donuts to dollars that Bo made a call for him.

or is it dollars to donuts??? :dumdum