Cody Green #2?

His cousin is Fabian Washington and he always wanted to be a Husker. Callahan said, for good reason, he wouldn't fit as a QB in his system but LTW still wanted to be here.

I didn't realize that Fabian and Latravias were cousins... :blink: Somehow that little tidbit never made it onto my radar.

Oh and to the point of the original post: If Cody Green is going to be the #2 QB and not redshirt then he better play enough to make it worthwhile. I can envision packages where CG lines up at WR or even TE on passing plays.

No worries....

To your second point...abso-frickin'-lutely agree. Let's use him all over the field in order to allow him to effect games.

If he is good enough to contribute let him out there, seems like most bigger schools are finding it hard to RS their incoming freshman who could make an immediate impact, but unless Lee is a total mess i would rather see him RS instead of burning a RS on mop up duty.

Oh and to the point of the original post: If Cody Green is going to be the #2 QB and not redshirt then he better play enough to make it worthwhile. I can envision packages where CG lines up at WR or even TE on passing plays.

I agree. I seem to remember a certain former HC that shall remain anonymous, using players for one or two plays over the course of a season and burning their redshirt as a result.

I think most people in this board all agree that Lee starts...Washington goes in if there is a blowout...

But if Lee gets hurt in a game that we really dont have a chance of winning (urgh I hate to think of that) do we burn Green's redshirt or go with Washington? The answer should be Washington.....but if it is a close game that is VERY winnable..what do we do?

Green? Washington?

To all of you that are bent on red shirting Green. Please understand that playing as much talent as you can on a young unproven offense will only help the defense. We all know defense will be the key to success for this season. That being said the defense cannot afford to have 3 in outs in a lot of drives with out scores. The more weapons that defensive coordinators have to prepare for the better off the offense will be.

Yes there are good players on offense and new faces that may do some good things. However, until those new player get on the field we wont know.

Having a two QB system has worked for various teams. Lee right now is a better passer but Green is much better suited to use his feet to make or extend play and run the option.

Why would Washington go in if there's a blowout? What's the purpose of listing Green as #2 if we're going to put Washington in if there's a blowout?

Wouldn't it be silly to put Green in there for a losing effort...Yes game experince is crucial...but wouldn't an entire EXTRA year in the system be better?

But..coaches know best...

See, I was reading blowout differently. I'm saying in blowout wins. I'm not saying whether it would be silly or not. I just think it would send a wrong message to recruits if we have Green listed #2 and he isn't the 2nd QB into the game for us. If the staff had any intentions of redshirting him, I think they'd leave him at #3. Let's assume Lee plays lights out. Green will only get 2 years of starting if he doesn't redshirt assuming he beats out Spano. I'm guessing he's either just this good or there are still question markes about Lee, but I'm not a coach.