Is there a wrinkle in our offense?

If they occasionally line Kyler Reed at Fullback, I hope the coaches are considering handing him the ball a couple of times to surprise the defense. It seems like the potential is there for a big play. Hopefully the coaches save it for one or two of the bigger games.

As far as using two QBs, didn't Bill Jennings try something goofy with two QBs? I know that's going far back, but I remember reading something about him trying two QBs at the same time.

If they occasionally line Kyler Reed at Fullback, I hope the coaches are considering handing him the ball a couple of times to surprise the defense. It seems like the potential is there for a big play. Hopefully the coaches save it for one or two of the bigger games.

As far as using two QBs, didn't Bill Jennings try something goofy with two QBs? I know that's going far back, but I remember reading something about him trying two QBs at the same time.

Yeah as I mentioned above he called it the Tandem T offense... he didn't last long and neither did the two QB system.

Yeah as I mentioned above he called it the Tandem T offense... he didn't last long and neither did the two QB system.

Two QB systems very rarely work. Just look at Colorado. The last two seasons they have been using Cody Hawkins and the other guy whose name I can't remember. And what do they have to show for it? Two guys who aren't very good and under .500 seasons.

Two QB systems very rarely work. Just look at Colorado. The last two seasons they have been using Cody Hawkins and the other guy whose name I can't remember. And what do they have to show for it? Two guys who aren't very good and under .500 seasons.

I think we're talking about two different things. Blackshirt316 is talking about having both QBs in the same formation, on the field at the same time. You're talking about (I believe) shuttling different QBs in from the side with different plays, or something like that. These are totally different animals.

Has anyone wondered why they saw Kyler Reed dart up the field and leave everyone in the dust, but the coaches have hardly mentioned his name at all?

Probably because you will find out. Maybe not in the first two games, but perhaps in the VT game and definitely by conference play.

He will provide that "wow" factor the Huskers have been desparately in need of the past few years.