MSNBC's Top College Football Game Day Experiences

G_Rock

No. 1: The service academies — Army, Navy, Air Force

As great as the other 24 are, in my view there are no better settings where history, tradition and uniqueness meet an atmosphere that results in a tingle up the back of your spine or a tear in your eye then at the service academies on game day.

The service academies? No. 1? Wouldn’t you think the top spot should go to a program that cracks the top-25 once in a while?

As great as the other 24 are, in my view there are no better settings where history, tradition and uniqueness meet an atmosphere that results in a tingle up the back of your spine or a tear in your eye then at the service academies on game day.

The service academies? No. 1? Wouldn’t you think the top spot should go to a program that cracks the top-25 once in a while?

I think that was a sympathy vote for the service men/women. No offense to the services, but come on... Longest sell out, best fans in the sport, embodiment of good sportsmanship through the passages engraved ON the stadium... if thats not worht the No. 1 spot, I dont know what is.

As far as tradition and atmosphere go I can't argue with the service academy stadiums being number 1. I enjoy the Army-Navy game each year . . . almost as much as a Husker game.

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with him on this one. I think you have to include the WHOLE atmosphere, which also includes the actual game that is played. Traditionally, Nebraska has great home games and the stadium experience is second to none. Army Navy games while interesting, never really amount to much in my eyes, considering they are both still bottom of the barrel most years.

No. 2: Memorial Stadium, Nebraska (Big 12)

The most loyal, respectful and knowledgeable fans in all of college football, as evidenced by the longest sellout streak in the sport, dating back to 1962. What’s more, this stadium is more than just a sea of red — it’s the most underrated venue in college football for its historical value. For example, in each of its four corners there are mottos to live by, such as “Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport." Or another, just outside the stadium, “through these gates, pass the greatest fans in college football.” Indeed.

The great thing about this is - it's all a fact.

As far as tradition and atmosphere go I can't argue with the service academy stadiums being number 1. I enjoy the Army-Navy game each year . . . almost as much as a Husker game.

Watching a game at the Air Force Academy is pretty cool.

No. 24: William-Brice Stadium, South Carolina (SEC)

You’ve got to admire ‘c$%ks fans for the noise they deliver and sheer loyalty, averaging 80,000 to see a mostly average product year in and year out. Your ears will be ringing for days after hearing the Mighty Sound of the Southeast along with the rooster crow.

Yes, yes you do have to admire the fans of the 'c$%ks

:clap:laughpound

:nanalama:rollin:nanalama

No. 2: Memorial Stadium, Nebraska (Big 12)

The most loyal, respectful and knowledgeable fans in all of college football, as evidenced by the longest sellout streak in the sport, dating back to 1962. What’s more, this stadium is more than just a sea of red — it’s the most underrated venue in college football for its historical value. For example, in each of its four corners there are mottos to live by, such as “Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport." Or another, just outside the stadium, “through these gates, pass the greatest fans in college football.” Indeed.