Whats Wrong with Lil' Red?

jjamuss

But I guess I dont see why. Is it the same class of people who fear clowns that dont like Lil' Red? I noticed a lot of people jumping on the FAU bonfire post saying Lil Red should have been burned.

I think he is kinda cool, especially when he stands on his head. There are far creepier Mascots in NCAA sports... KSU Tiger head for instance. Even the 'village people' version of Herbie Husker is odd by comparison to his former good ol' boy appearance.

Last topic from me until the season starts, I promise.

But I guess I dont see why. Is it the same class of people who fear clowns that dont like Lil' Red? I noticed a lot of people jumping on the FAU bonfire post saying Lil Red should have been burned.

I think he is kinda cool, especially when he stands on his head. There are far creepier Mascots in NCAA sports... KSU Tiger head for instance. Even the 'village people' version of Herbie Husker is odd by comparison to his former good ol' boy appearance.

**side note: this is Husker football related, sad that I even have to point that out <_< **

He's definitely creepy.

To me though, any mascot that mainly looks like a person and the expression never changes freaks me out.

Especially the Wake Forest Demon Deacon, man if I turned around and saw that thing looking at me, I'd have to change my shorts.

**side note: this is Husker football related, sad that I even have to point that out <_< **

He's definitely creepy.

To me though, any mascot that mainly looks like a person and the expression never changes freaks me out.

Especially the Wake Forest Demon Deacon, man if I turned around and saw that thing looking at me, I'd have to change my shorts.

Yeah, Demon Deacon is the creepiest mascot out there (followed closely by the UC Santa Cruz banana slugs). At the Wake Forest game in 2007 I was hoping Demon Deacon would get in a mascot bitch-fight with Lil Red. It would be like watching a cage match at a leprosy colony. Creepy.

Dude, let it go. A couple of people make a very minor point about thread bucketing, and you go on and on about it. Enough.

As to the topic, I have no idea why people don't like Lil' Red. He's cool. He's more interesting to young kids, and he was pretty unique at the time he was created.

He's definitely creepy.

Yeah, Demon Deacon is the creepiest mascot out there (followed closely by the UC Santa Cruz banana slugs). At the Wake Forest game in 2007 I was hoping Demon Deacon would get in a mascot bitch-fight with Lil Red. It would be like watching a cage match at a leprosy colony. Creepy.

Coffee spewer, that one sir!!!

:laughpound

What the hell is wrong with being afraid of clowns? I always have been, that and midgets....

The Wizard of Oz is a horror film to me!

You wouldn't believe what showed up at my bachelor party....midget stripper dressed up like a clown and they tied me to a chair. I didn't think it was funny at all.

What the hell is wrong with being afraid of clowns? I always have been, that and midgets....

You wouldn't believe what showed up at my bachelor party....midget stripper dressed up like a clown and they tied me to a chair. I didn't think it was funny at all.

100% agree

I don't know... I just always knew growing up that I would have closets full of maroon and orange (yes, that is a lovely color-scheme) clothes with a wanna-be turkey on them. Besides my grandma on Thanksgiving, I think only people in Blacksburg would decorate themselves with turkeys. Is it creepy? I don't know. I do find the Golden Hurricane thing from Tulsa creepier. It's just weird.

Dude, let it go. A couple of people make a very minor point about thread bucketing, and you go on and on about it. Enough.

As to the topic, I have no idea why people don't like Lil' Red. He's cool. He's more interesting to young kids, and he was pretty unique at the time he was created.

its not you getting the comments... maybe if I had a pair of tits it would be different for me to speak my mind?

That's pretty much how I feel. It's a way of reaching out to the kids without doing something weird with the uniforms or something like that. Harmless, more out of the way than the San Diego chicken or mascots like that. It's kind of hard to come up with a great mascot when you're the Huskers.

100% agree

Nothing wrong having fears... I just wondered if there is some associative reaction to clowns that could be attributed to the fears people have of Lil Red. Personally, I think its hilarious that clowns scare people... ever been to Myster Manor in Omaha... now that guy is a scary clown!!

100% agree

Nothing wrong having fears... I just wondered if there is some associative reaction to clowns that could be attributed to the fears people have of Lil Red. Personally, I think its hilarious that clowns scare people... ever been to Myster Manor in Omaha... now that guy is a scary clown!!

Yes I have, and that guy almost got punched in the f'ing' face, man.

I can't go to Haunted Houses when I drink because if a guy scares me my reaction is to just deck that a-hole for it. Besides, I get sick of my wife hanging on to me the whole freaking time...let me the f#*k go, go with the clown, he won't bite.....hard!!