What to do?

RedNLeader

During the game - Jump up and holler frequently, high five with him frequently, get him to chant with the crowd, get temporary face tatoos, wear lots of red, have a flag, pennant, shirt or towel for him to wave. Make a sign, see if he can get on the big screen. Let him feel that this is where he can let loose and be a kid, a BIG Red Nebraska Huskers fan!

GBR!

During the game - Jump up and holler frequently, high five with him frequently, get him to chant with the crowd, get temporary face tatoos, wear lots of red, have a flag, pennant, shirt or towel for him to wave. Make a sign, see if he can get on the big screen. Let him feel that this is where he can let loose and be a kid, a BIG Red Nebraska Huskers fan!

GBR!

I think that omahaustin has a lot of good suggestions right there but I would add one more to it and that would be to attend the activities that go on by the track on the Northeast corner of the stadium. They have lost of fun activities for younger kids. Walking by it a few times I've seen several younger kids running around having fun and lots of activites.

If you're talking about before the game, which I think you are... take him to the Husker Pavilion. It's at Ed Weir Track on the Northeast side of the stadium.

Usually opens 2-3 hours before kick-off. Tons of stuff for kids to do. And stuff for you to do as well.

Here, I found a link: Husker Nation Pavilion

Also you could take him underneath of North Stadium and get high fives from the players when they come out if ya wanted... my cousin's little boy loved that.

:yeah

My nephew was 6 or 7 when I took him to his first game... it was a good time for him. We did the pavillion thing, balloons, etc. I also think getting some face paint would make it fun for him. They do the Ns on the cheeks around the stadium. You also want to get some pics of him on the bronze statue on the East side, and maybe one with TO and Brook on the North side.

GBR!

that too!!

This is how my kid amused himself at matches when he was just a wee tike:

hooligan1.jpg

Pretty easy to teach them to do that and it keeps them busy for hours. For added fun, tell him to show his new skill to his mom next time she tells him to clean his room

Speaking of which Cy, we need an update on the Boz!!! Is he playing again this year?

This is how my kid amused himself at matches when he was just a wee tike:

hooligan1.jpg

Pretty easy to teach them to do that and it keeps them busy for hours. For added fun, tell him to show his new skill to his mom next time she tells him to clean his room

OMFG!! Cy, you kill me everytime I read your post! LOL!! :laughpound

[speaking of which Cy, we need an update on the Boz!!! Is he playing again this year?

Yep...but there's a sad story involved with Boz. I planned on posting it sometime tomorrow as long as the Post Nazis...uh...Wonderful and Benevolent Mods...don't grab it and stick it somewhere where nobody can find it. They tend to do that to me you know. Mods naturally hate me for some reason.

Mods naturally hate me for some reason.

Maybe they misread your name and think you're "Cy the Psycho" and they're intimidated by your madness? :dunno

Bah...that phychiatic evaluation was never legally notarized...and I know where you live mister :angry:

Coincidentally, I'm also a notary. Bring the eval by and I'll stamp it for you. :)

Teach him everything you know about Nebraska football, past & present...show him everything you can...

then take him to the babysitter, grab a beer, and enjoy yourself.

"Take him for a beer, grab the babysitter, and enjoy yourself."

Killer, I think your real statement was lost in translation. I fixed it for ya. :thumbs

thats actually pretty funny, for a Mod. Why do I get Quadrophinia in my head when I say that?

Teach him everything you know about Nebraska football, past & present...show him everything you can...

then take him to the babysitter, grab a beer, and enjoy yourself.

"Take him for a beer, grab the babysitter, and enjoy yourself."

Killer, I think your real statement was lost in translation. I fixed it for ya. :thumbs

thats actually pretty funny, for a Mod. Why do I get Quadrophinia in my head when I say that?

:moreinteresting

A Who album?

I thought that was a pancake... :blink: