Why we burnt the N.

OwlFamily

It's not us you have to worry about. It's this guy.

doc49694670de751820334516.jpg

you know what is cool about that pic? Helu is laying flat on his stomach, almost saying... 'Suh has got this under control, I am going to take a little rest'. :dumdum

actually i think if you look closely he is laughing at Ducky's superman pose lol

Yeah, when the big man gets "funky" it is probably good for a giggle. Have to admit, he looks might comfy on the turf. Probably the only time we will see him on the ground when he doesnt have the ball.

Burning a big red 'N' was obviously a big deal to you guys, so why can't it be a big deal to us?

Burning the N wasnt a big deal.

The fire itself and the rally was the big deal for the students.

If it had been a UAB dragon you would of seen the same thing that you saw with the N.

I think thats whats got us scratching our heads, it wasnt like weve never done this before and solely targeted Nebraska, this is our tradition during the 1st week of the season.

I do think going to someone's home field and planting a sword/flag/whatever on their midfield symbol is a little disrespectful (though I get a laugh out of it, too). But I think that's in a totally different category than FAU burning an N in their own territory.

I feel what you are saying... but I was on about the symbolism of the N meaning more than the 2009 team... because it does. Its a symbol that serves as the glue that holds the Husker Nation together.

I suppose we could pluck some owls to make ourselves feel better, but then we would have the bloody animal rights activists all over us <_<

Burning a big red 'N' was obviously a big deal to you guys, so why can't it be a big deal to us?

If it had been a UAB dragon you would of seen the same thing that you saw with the N.

I think thats whats got us scratching our heads, it wasnt like weve never done this before and solely targeted Nebraska, this is our tradition during the 1st week of the season.

traditions are a fine thing, even if it is trampling another outfits tradition in the process. :dumdum

I do think going to someone's home field and planting a sword/flag/whatever on their midfield symbol is a little disrespectful (though I get a laugh out of it, too). But I think that's in a totally different category than FAU burning an N in their own territory.

I feel what you are saying... but I was on about the symbolism of the N meaning more than the 2009 team... because it does. Its a symbol that serves as the glue that holds the Husker Nation together.

I suppose we could pluck some owls to make ourselves feel better, but then we would have the bloody animal rights activists all over us <_<

I guess I look at it as there is no malice or disrespect intended. I suppose I can see how some people might take offense at first, but c'mon, when you stop and think about it, is FAU really trying to disrespect our program? No way.

I guess I look at it as there is no malice or disrespect intended. I suppose I can see how some people might take offense at first, but c'mon, when you stop and think about it, is FAU really trying to disrespect our program? No way.

I am off to get my new gameday shirt made up...

TRY TO BURN THIS N!!

:dumdum

Burning the N was a big deal. If the N wasn't a big deal it would have been a pile of wood. The fact that you went to the trouble of building an N and painting it red says that it had some specific purpose and meaning for you guys.

It doesn't matter one whit to the Nebraska players that you've done this before. They're not in the business of protecting the honor of any other school but their own. You can burn every UAB dragon you can build and they're not going to take notice.

I am frankly amazed that an entire school could be so naive as to think that burning their opponent's symbol in effigy would be taken poorly by the opposing team. It's baffling.

Burning the N was a big deal. If the N wasn't a big deal it would have been a pile of wood. The fact that you went to the trouble of building an N and painting it red says that it had some specific purpose and meaning for you guys.

It doesn't matter one whit to the Nebraska players that you've done this before. They're not in the business of protecting the honor of any other school but their own. You can burn every UAB dragon you can build and they're not going to take notice.

I am frankly amazed that an entire school could be so naive as to think that burning their opponent's symbol in effigy would be taken poorly by the opposing team. It's baffling.

I have to agree with you on that one... The Red N means so much to the program. I remember reading posts about angry fans yelling at BC's team to take the Red Ns off their helmets because they didnt deserve the right to wear them. I am glad someone found it as irritating as I did... I hope our boys give FAU what they are asking for.

:bonez

I truly dont understand why it would cause all the commotion. When Howard said what he said about Texas yes, I could see that. Burning an effigy and having it cause this much consternation seems ludicrous to me.

If you think burning 'N's is bad, you should hear what happens when you burn a 'J'.

Got our second-string running back booted off the team.

Just you and me Dunder, livin' large in the 60ies and 70ies. Mister Buffet (Jimmy, that is), roll us another fatty, mon.

T_O_B

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama