Va Tech Observation

C-4

Myth: CG brings a whole new "dimension" with his athleticism.

I think it's more like he brings a whole new one-dimensional offense right now, with his raw passing abilities. Haven't we established that Lee is an athletic beast? This isn't like putting Ronnie Brown in and splitting Chad Pennington out wide to bring some speed to the QB spot.

You are correct that I do not know from his performance against the weak opponent in a mop up role any more about than we do about Lee standing up against a really good defense.

This is all you should have posted, even though it's pure BS. The rest of your post runs completely counter to this and shows what you truly believe. Fail.

VaTech has been burned by the spread option before of East Carolina and GaTech. The option forces the 8 man front defense's like Techs to be more read and react and less aggressive because of the option and the zone read plays. We add in the passing game and Nu has what it takes to move the ball and score, just will the players execute it on the road in a very hostile environment? Taylor needs to be harrased into mistakes.

Let me start with this...

Not the best angle, but skip ahead to 2:20. Lee is not some stone-footed, pocket-only passer. This fantasy you have about Lee not being a threat with his feet is ridiculous. So here I am calling BS. He's not Tommy Frazier, but he's fast enough that teams will not be able to just ignore him as a run threat. If they do, he's going to pick up 10 or 12 yards and make them pay. Fine by me...not good enough for you, though?

Saying after one game against a team that was hired to make us look good that Lee and these recievers are capable of moving the ball against VT or the conference tough teams is whistling by the graveyard. If he can and we blow out VT and Mizzou, then I shall say that I was indeed wrong.

Now let me address this gem... How is what you're doing any different? You saw Green during mop duty against the SAME TEAM that Lee played against and you're convinced he's our best hope for the season. So people can't justifiably take confidence in Lee from seeing him play 3 quarters of the game, but you can from seeing Green play mop duty for one quarter in the same game? Way to go...

Also, nicely done on setting yourself up to only be wrong if we blow out VT and Missouri. I'm sure it never occurred to you that, no matter how Lee performs against them, Green could end up doing much worse. Of course not! That's why you're only wrong if we blow out both VT and Missouri.

Give me a break.

Actually the kid runs a legit 4.5 40 (Lee)

I remember Last year, Alot of People Saying Vt would run all over us In Lincoln. YES we lost but it was by no Mean's a run away. I thnk We stand Just as good of Chance In Blacksberg as we do in any game! The Coaches Are not dumb they Know what need's to Be done (thats why they get paid to coach) So they will the Team Ready

:yeah

good god no guff. VT played a near perfect game and we had 2 turnovers and 7 penalties (including a hit out of bounds that sustained the winning drive) you guys talk like they came in here and beat us by 50. didn't anybody else see ingram shredding the VT defense for 150 yards? Alabama dominated that game and should have won by 3 or 4 touchdowns. even with 10 penalties and 2 turnovers they won easily. as soon as the momentum turned in the 4th quarter, the hokies rolled over and died. Alabama rolled up 500 yards on them. VT managed just 155. We are gonna spank the hokies. we'll worry about mizery later.

Geez, what a bunch of freakin worry-warts. So after one game some of you can now proclaim that with Lee and our receivers, we won't be able to pass on VaTech or Mizzou? Where'd you get that from?

Just relax and watch. Keep in mind that Lee has a much stronger arm than Ganz did, and we're loaded with inexperienced, but talented, receivers.

Why not try to enjoy the season as half-full rather than as half-empty.