They looked flat

Watched the game and from my point of view, they looked very flat. Played with little to no intensity. Missed assignments. Stupid penalties (Thanks Marcel for negating that 70yd TD by Paul with your holding call). The OL couldn't keep Arkie St from sacking Lee a couple of times. Our running game sucked. Helu looked out of it. Burky played pretty decent. Niles Paul looked pissed off like he didn't want to be there. At the very least his head was not in the game. Over all, I would give them a C+...B- at the very most

These guys need to really step it up this week if they want to have any chance against VaTech <_<

I would give it a solid B. The first 3 drives were very solid, couldn't be stopped but then after that Nebraska played alright, not great though.

I really liked that 13 different players got a catch.

im just bothered by the fact that arkansas state seemed to have a better run game. Our OL needs to kick it in gear IMO. Our linebackers looked like freshman today (lol not surprising). Defense seemed pretty vanilla agian though, we ran two corner blitzes, otherwise looked like base defense whole game.

I would give it a solid B. The first 3 drives were very solid, couldn't be stopped but then after that Nebraska played alright, not great though.

im just bothered by the fact that arkansas state seemed to have a better run game. Our OL needs to kick it in gear IMO. Our linebackers looked like freshman today (lol not surprising). Defense seemed pretty vanilla agian though, we ran two corner blitzes, otherwise looked like base defense whole game.

This is true but we still averaged more yards per rush then they did.

I didn't ever feel the game was in danger of slipping from our grasp. I think it was a pretty definitive win whether you look at the score or the game performance. I just think that, no offense to Ark. State or FAU, we'll need to play an entire game of crisp, intense football to beat VT. We didn't need to do that in our first two games. Hopefully we'll elevate our game when we roll into VT.

Arnold is a more powerful back than Helu. Our LB's need work.

That said, NU kept the game in front of them the whole time. Nothin too earth shattering.

Watched the game and from my point of view, they looked very flat. Played with little to no intensity. Missed assignments. Stupid penalties (Thanks Marcel for negating that 70yd TD by Paul with your holding call). The OL couldn't keep Arkie St from sacking Lee a couple of times. Our running game sucked. Helu looked out of it. Burky played pretty decent. Niles Paul looked pissed off like he didn't want to be there. At the very least his head was not in the game. Over all, I would give them a C+...B- at the very most

These guys need to really step it up this week if they want to have any chance against VaTech <_<

woah..... i didn't get to see the game but i followed it via message boards etc..... i guess seeing the game on tv and via a message board are two diffrent things.... but it sounded like we played alright.... :wacko:

i mean ZAC LEE funking killed it it seemed.. over 300 yards passing..

true helu didn't move as well but i think ASU was really looking to stuff the rushing game and stacked the line often......

i know we are all anxious to play VT and what i'm getting from reading the various posts is that if we play like this against VT we will get CREAMED... i dont' hold such a negative view.. i think we have a chance to lose but i don't think we will get slammed....

i was happy today

Yes, our LB's are young and definitely need work. I expect to see their consistency (that's the big problem, imo) improve greatly as the season goes along.

That's what i felt the biggest issue was too..

I think Lee needs to get better for us to be able to make a run in the big 12.. he's been good once he gets going, but he still makes a few mistakes that better teams are going to take advantage of...then again, he's 2 starts in.. nothing to worry about yet really... I thought it looked good for the first 18 minutes or so.. then we seemed to get very very vanilla again.. not that that's a bad thing, LB's need to be able to make some tackles though to stop the run.. I'm also hoping we weren't planning on their QB running like that, because if we gameplanned for that and he was as successful as he was, next week could get iffy.