They looked flat

I don't think it's fair to just say they were flat. The intensity was up and down throughout the game. At times they looked pretty crisp and intense, but that would fade out and they'd start getting a little sloppy. Then it'd pick up again and then fade out. Very up and down game.

well, hell, you would think a "dress rehersal" of excellent play would have been the result, now they have to get consistent in practice, doesn't sound good, they will never hang with VT playing a half a$$ game.

Pelini said they were aware the QB could run, but they didn't emphasize it too much. So to me that says they planned for it and looked for it, but they weren't always keying on it. But that is also usually a LB responsibility, and they definitely dropped the ball there at times.

Thanks for the info.. haven't been able to listen to anything anyone's said yet.. just got home in time to finish watchin the ND Michigan finish.. then jumped on here.. hopefully they "emphasize" it this coming week....

I don't think it's fair to just say they were flat. The intensity was up and down throughout the game. At times they looked pretty crisp and intense, but that would fade out and they'd start getting a little sloppy. Then it'd pick up again and then fade out. Very up and down game.

well, hell, you would think a "dress rehersal" of excellent play would have been the result, now they have to get consistent in practice, doesn't sound good, they will never hang with VT playing a half a$$ game.

You think they played a half a$sed 1st quarter?

I would also say they did plenty of good things. But go ahead and but 100% negative all you want. It's nothing new.

I would also say they did plenty of good things. But go ahead and but 100% negative all you want. It's nothing new.

did you see VT play today? they tuned up, we didn't..... <_<

The game wasn't perfect, but all teams have off and on weeks. Let's hope this was an off week.

I've been really happy with the QB/WR play, and the running game was great in week one, but it dropped off today. If we want to win against VT I think our D needs to play to it's full potential, and our O-line needs to step up. I'm sure Keith Williams will be playing a lot more next saturday. Really I just think we got sloppy in the 2nd/3rd quarter. Plus who knows how good Ark. State is. They might end up having a solid season.