What Happened on That Kick Return Today?

Enhance

Seemed to me like he made a freshmen mistake by taking helmet off, realized it, then flopped on the injury to cover his ass. Hope all will be fine though.

he was being given the business by some ass hats from asu, he was on the bottom of the pile and they were definately doing extra curricular activities

It looked like a gang beatdown.

The refs today were "slow"

yeah when they threw the flag that late, there was no question it was going to be on Martin, but it still was amazing that not a single ref saw that- they also kinda cheapshotted him on another kickoff that went through the endzone later. Who knows if he was jawing or something, but still.

He sure didn't seem to have any trouble "breathing" initially until he saw the Nebraska sideline and took a dive. Later onset shortness of breath.

I agree, I don't think he was hurt I think he was playing it off hoping Bo was stupid enough to fall for it. From the look on Bo's face when the camera panned to him he wasn't buying into the B.S. Bottom line is whether he was having trouble "breathing" or not he can breath just fine with that helmet on his head. You run around for 60 minutes with the thing on and seem to breath just fine. Doesn't excuse the B.S. the Arkansas State players were pulling there and their lucky that the NU players noticed what was going on a little late or there may have been hell to pay.

From what i heard from the commentators on the radio and what ive heard you all say.

Martin was knocked down by two ASU players and one of the put his hand under his helmet and hit him in the throat during the hit and wouldnt not let him up, after he got up he was having a hard time breathing and took off his helmet as he was walking to the sidelines. Eckler the LB coach was mad because he thought Martin was mad after the hit but after he realized Martin was in pain and having a hard time breathing he was mad trying to tell the refs that he took off his helmet to breath better. The trainers were with him on the sidelines trying to get him some oxygen after the kickoff.

Eric Martin only learned to keep his helmet on until after he gets to the sidelines. Still it was a bad call for the personal foul.

From what i heard from the commentators on the radio and what ive heard you all say.

Martin was knocked down by two ASU players and one of the put his hand under his helmet and hit him in the throat during the hit and wouldnt not let him up, after he got up he was having a hard time breathing and took off his helmet as he was walking to the sidelines. Eckler the LB coach was mad because he thought Martin was mad after the hit but after he realized Martin was in pain and having a hard time breathing he was mad trying to tell the refs that he took off his helmet to breath better. The trainers were with him on the sidelines trying to get him some oxygen after the kickoff.

Eric Martin only learned to keep his helmet on until after he gets to the sidelines. Still it was a bad call for the personal foul.

:yeah The announcers of the PPV were also impressed that Coach Pelini had Martin's back by trying to argue with the officials that Martin had been injured on the play.

There definitely wasn't just a hard hit and the players pushed on his neck trying to get up....

I was watching from the fifty, and actually happened to be watching Martin the entire kickoff because he's pretty crazy pre-kickoff, pumping up the fans. He did get hit by two ASU players, but he was held down on the ground (TRYING to get up) for well over 10 seconds. If you guys in the other part of the stadium didn't notice it, westside stadium was screaming for a penalty (at least where I was).

Like HSKRNOKC said... The refs today were "slow"...

... For a lack of stronger words.

:angry:

I was in East stadium, Couldn't see it all that well but from the replay it looked as if the Asu guys shoved off of him when they got up. I,m not surprised the ref's didnt call anything, they clearly missed two call's the fumble in the first being one of them

If you were to ask a Husker fan who didn't see the game (damn PPV) and got all his info about the incident by reading this thread, it sounds like Martin was running his mouth a bit too much and some ASU players took offense and taught him a lesson.

As for the refs not seeing it, don't forget that their attention is usually focused on where the ball is. Where was it on this play?

Side note: I'd like to see an officiating crew made up of everyone that bashes officials on this thread try to referree a pee-wee game. You'd look like complete idiots...

Whether he was running his mouth or not is not the question at hand. The fact that the extra curricular crap that was going on was pretty cheap by the ASU kids. I am not sure how a ref does not see something like this. Bashing the refs is part the gig. Being a ref for pee wee and being a ref for D1 is a bit different. They are getting paid pretty damn good and have had the "training" for games. If they are going to f up the calls, they better be able to take it. Could I or anyone else on here do better? Probably not, but we are not the ones out on the field.

they clearly missed two call's the fumble in the first being one of them

the fumble was a ridiculous missed call. what made me even madder was that during the whole time reviewing the play, they never showed the replay again in the stadium...... wtf, on TV all they do is show replays of the play being reviewed from like 80 different angles.

they clearly missed two call's the fumble in the first being one of them

the fumble was a ridiculous missed call. what made me even madder was that during the whole time reviewing the play, they never showed the replay again in the stadium...... wtf, on TV all they do is show replays of the play being reviewed from like 80 different angles.

Maybe AR can help, but would that be some thing called "inciting a riot"?