Proof that the media doesn't care about us.

epocSoN

After the first two games, who are the big 12 quarterbacks that get all the buzz? Zach Robinson, Gabbert, McCoy, Bradford. How does this stat hit ya?

BIG XII QB RATINGS AFTER 2 GAMES

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/conferences/...09&confId=4

Johnson from Texas A&M has only played one game so those stats are more skewed, also Bradford has obviously been hurt.

This pisses me off. Especially after that "who is Zach Lee" comment at the Missouri game in week 1.

186.41 is slaughtering the rest of the big 12 quarterbacks IMO. You can argue the strength of schedule over the first two weeks, but I don't think that A&M, Tech, Texas, or Missouri has played anybody that much harder.

What did you expect? Everybody thinks ESPN hates their team. Truth of the matter is that they can't cover everybody all at once. Besides, I don't give a sh*t if ESPN doesn't cover us. When we start making splashes against big teams, then we will speak for ourselves.

Besides, those four quarterbacks you listed are part of very prolific offenses and one of them is a Heisman winner. Our offense didn't consistently dominate teams last year and we have a "who is that?"quarterback that hasn't played in a big game yet.

That is a very nice observation. I will agree with you that the media doesn't give a crap about Nebraska football. They never have. Ever since the 'Skers started dominating in the 90's, they have had it in for us. Everything from what you have brought up all the way back to the statement that the Huskers didn't deserve the Nat. Title after beating mizzou in a close one in 1997, even though they destroyed Tennessee in the Championship. A couple of years before that when we played Florida in the Championship as the #1. We hadn't won any games that season by less than 14 points!!! Yet, we were still underdogs to #2 Florida, as the media said that the Huskers couldn't move on natural turf, since we played on astroturf at the time. Give me a break. The final squashed that conversation.

Even after our 49-3 smashing of FAU in week 1, the media still took a cheap shot. Every other top 25 team that won their game that week, in the stat of the game section, they mentioned something positive. Nebraska.... they mentioned how our "Once VAUNTED defense gave up 358 yards to FAU". They didn't mention how we held the opponent to the lowest point total since 2006. I found that offensive, in a 49-3 win, there are certainly more positives than negatives to mention for "stats of the game" for the winning team.

Watching College Football Final last night, I expected a helmet sticker to be given to Zac Lee after only throwing 8 incompletions, throwing for 340 yards and 4 touchdowns! Stats that were every bit as impressive as Jimmy Clausen's stats from week 1, but lo and behold, there was no helmet sticker for Lee.

I've come to expect Nebraska to get drubbed by the media. Especially ESPN's staff of douches they have working for them.

:restore

No need to call the wambulance. Its just frustrating that after all the work we have done to get back into the picture of top 25 teams, and even when our inexperienced quarterback puts up way more impressive stats than the Heisman candidates (against mutually competitive teams) we are still out of the picture.

It's not that I think we are the only team that isn't ever discussed, because I think alot of the top 25 teams are very good teams that don't get talked about. This is similair to a discussion I had with my fiance last night while watching the USC OSU game.

The Heismen trophy has lost its meaning. The media has turned it into the best QB contest, just has the media focuses on a few teams a year, and when they don't perform as scheduled, its like Billy Mays has been resurrected and is trying to sell them a new knife collection.

I don't care if OUR team is the one talked about. I'm just annoyed to hear about the same BS over and over.

PREDICTION: The media will now move to Matt Barkley to be the Notre Dame pre-yesterday, he will be hailed as this amazing play maker that single handedly took out OSU. But the truth is that Barkley's play was horrid. I saw him throw maybe a half dozen decent passes all night, and he couldn't put a drive together until the last 2 minutes of the game.

I could rant forever, but the bottom line is that the media is out of hand.

I would like to know why ESPN used Nebraska and Texas helmets while they did their mock court room bullsh#t? We haven't chocked a game away yet, and both teams are undefeated! :wtf

Yeah I thought that was funny too. I was very confused by its end. Holts said Nebraska once, but only while listing KU, Nebraska, Missouri.