Shawn Watson

Not to throw any cold water on the love-fest of Shawn Watson, but Nebraska next big win against a top 25 team will be the first win for (Watson) Nebraska offense. <_<

I agree. Although I hope S Watson stays put for a long time and sees this thing through (offense is not Bo's strong suit), if you are looking for this from outside; Colorado would possibly be the only major program that might be interested in SW. With no head coaching experience and no stellar NCS recent resume as a dynamite assistant I don't think Notre Dame would be interested. Colorado might be strapped for cash and offer something of a lowball figure for a HC and it would entice Watson. All this stuff about being happy as an assistant is true--UNLESS you get to be a HC at a major program. At even 3 or 4 times the money he is getting it is impossible to refuse.

For him to be considered for an elite program like Notre Dame (recent performance not withstanding) will requre our Huskers to break out and not tie for the North Big xii but win the Big XII Championship and go BCS bowling with an elite offense and along the way beating teams like VT on the road. We cannot get shut down and embarassed during the season. ND has likley had all the coaching "projects" they want.

I think we can do it. But we have not done it yet. Saturday is a big step for the Big Red and possibly a huge resume enhancer for Shawn Watson. GBR

Well he was the Head Coach at Southern ILL for 3 years. After that he worked for Gary Barnett at both Northwestern and at CU. At CU he was the O-Coordinator for 6 years, in that time they won the North 4 times and the Conference once. Read his Bio, he has the bullet points to get a pretty good job right now. However I think all of this talk of him going to CU is funny. Not just because they couldn't buy Hawkins out barring a miracle donor showing up, but because the CU fans really have mixed feelings about Watson despite the run he had there with Barnett. They felt he was too conservative. Actually on the Buff Boards I don't think I have seen Watson's name come up once, I have seen Turner Gill come up but not Watson. That alone should tell you what the CU Fan Base thinks of Watson.

Not to throw any cold water on the love-fest of Shawn Watson, but Nebraska next big win against a top 25 team will be the first win for (Watson) Nebraska offense. <_<

and how many of those games was he tied to a cosgrove defense?

So the reasoning his team couldn't score against good defenses was because of Cosgrove defense? :facepalm:

So the reasoning his team couldn't score against good defenses was because of Cosgrove defense? :facepalm:

we scored plenty of points against top 25 teams <_<

31 and 28 last year against ou and tech, 31 against usc 38 against ku in 07,

Watson was only the true OC this past season, I don't count the Cosgrove-era. But outside of the Mizzou game I don't see how you can lay a defeat at the feet of Watson. We were pretty dang productive for a team with mediocre qb-talent and possession-wr's.

Four quarterbacks and two head coaches into it, I think it's time to admit that Shawn Watson might be something special. He comes in with good gameplans and adapts during the game even better than Osborne.

Watson is going to have more talent than ever in the coming years and be able to show why a modified WCO is hell for opposing defenses to prep for. Not to mention more fun to watch.

Let's hope we can hang onto him.*

*all comments subject to change if the offense stumbles in Blacksburg.

the 2k1 disassembly of the huskers in boulder was enough to but on his resume.