How Bama defended Tech

speedtoburn

Bama played Nickel almost non stop and had their linebackers on top of the line of scrimmage.

2r2w3a0.jpg

Here is a video that the above was taken from. I recommend hitting mute first thing to avoid listening to the crappy music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KPw1fXykE

When Bama is on defense you notice a lot of things.

1) They always matched personnel.

2) If blitzers did not get initial pressure, they would drop back into passing lanes, essentially turning into QB Spy's/short zone defenders.

3) They ran a bunch of delay blitzes right through the middle

4) They forced runs side to side extremely well

5) They overloaded one side of the line more often than not and then scissored the linebackers behind them to the other side.

We could do this extremely well with our personnel, Suh lined up on the center and responsible for the A gaps, Crick lined up on the guard and Allen/Turner lined up on the tackle, all on one side with the other DE lined up inside of the tackle on the other side, with linebackers responsible for the gap between Suh and the solo DE and the contain outside of the tackle.

I read the comments on that video, and lost all respect I might have potentially had for Alabama fans. I hope they get beat by some crap team now lol.

:yeah Man talk about some classy fans. I see 3 potential losses for them: Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Florida if they make the Championship game.

I read the comments on that video, and lost all respect I might have potentially had for Alabama fans. I hope they get beat by some crap team now lol.

Meh. You can't hold the whole fan base accountable for the mess that is YouTube commenting. Those comments are a nightmare. Every one of them is full of the worst kind of trollery. Just ignore the comments and form your own opinion on the videos. That's what I do.

Meh. You can't hold the whole fan base accountable for the mess that is YouTube commenting. Those comments are a nightmare. Every one of them is full of the worst kind of trollery. Just ignore the comments and form your own opinion on the videos. That's what I do.

yeah but i don't troll football video's, only video's prepubscent little wanna be idiots like. so jonas brothers and terrible rap artists.

They did run that defense a lot and when your blitzing and spying they way they did you are often leaving your corners on an island. As I have said in another post I am not sure if our corners are talented enough to stay in man the majority of the game.

Hook Route, Slants, Curl, Comeback Outs, and Flats are vulnerable in this type of defense. Miss-tackles equal big gain and touchdowns.

That being said Tyrod hasn't proven he can stand in the pocket facing a rush and deliver on a constant basis with accuracy. He is actually better when he has to move to throw.

the more I read your posts, the more I regret ever picking a war of words with you... my hat is off to you sir!

:frenchy