Who do you root for?

Normally, my answer to this question would be you have to root for your Big 12 brethren. In fact, I do feel this way about most teams in the Big 12....especially the Jayhaws (I'm an alum), Sooners (out of respect for our rivalry), Longhorns(most years), Colorado...and the rest.

But.....for some reason I love seeing the Tigers lose and lose big! The reason is your style of play (only in football - I don't mind the way your team plays bball), the demeanor of the players and coaches (again only in regards to football), and the fans who annoy me more than any other school.....on top of that.....I grew up in Omaha so I hate the Tigers in fall and I went to Kansas so I hate the Tigers in the spring.

Not getting any love from me....sorry.

I didn't give a rat f#*k what happened to Mizzou until dipsh*t blabber-mouth Chase Daniel, AJ the "huskerh8ter", and all the other random loud-mouthed dips$&ts that surround me in Kansas City all came along to form the perfect storm of Mizzou douchebaggery (Pig Brown's late hit on Mo Purify also earns him honorable mention, I guess). Now I enjoy seeing Mizzou get pounded in the ass every time they match up against a team with decent athleticism and a good defensive line.

And it's not because of the losses. sh#t, how many times have we been humiliated/disappointed after playing Texas Tech? I don't "hate" them. It sucked seeing Brad Smith run all over us. But even then I found it hard to "hate" Mizzou. 5 years of subsequent chest-beating from the aformentioned parties have turned the Tigers into the new Buffaloes, though, in my opinion.

So, Missori can GET f'd.

Every KC husker backs this statement.

I always root for the Big 12.

I have others that I like.

SC is a favorite, Mizzou, as my wife graduated from there and my son worked for them for three years.

I like Fresno State and Wake Forest.

Beginning to like Ohio State.

Actually rooted for Michigan, as Notre Dame is my least favorite team in the world.

Clemson and VaTech are class acts it seems and have enjoyed their fans.

I truly enjoy Texas Tech. It is the old Nebraska when Devaney and Tom were just starting out.

But I respect every single team out there. I can go to any college football game and have a ball with their fans as most are just like our good fans. Idiots in all areas true, but college football fans are more pasionate, dedicated and loyal than NFL fans. Life revolves around their team. I like that idea.

I want everyone undefeated until they play the Huskers. It only helps us as Knapplc so correctly put it, who wants a castle in the middle of a white trash trailer park. The better all of them look the prettier we are when we clobber them.

IN BO WE TRUST!!!!

Thanks to (almost) everybody who responded.

Even my buddy knapp.

I was trying to be civil and talk football, but there were obviously some douches out here that could have reserved their comments.

After having said that, I will say this in closing.....

I think that Nebraska has some of the nicest fans around.

I've been to Lincoln in '06 & '08.

I'm used to being at Major league events like the St. Louis Blues, Rams & Cardinals games.

If you see somebody wear the other team's jersey (Blues vs Blackhawks playoff games were the best), you rode them like there was no tomorrow. I've seen many a fight because of this.

But when me and my buddies went to Lincoln in '06, we walked by people in red and almost every one of them said, "Hey...have a good game today"....or "Hey....good luck". I couldn't believe it.

I was expecting crap comments and the possible curse fests.

It was nothing like I expected....so kudos.

I've heard Colorado has the worst.

Okay....most people know I'm a Mizzou fan and this is a pretty simple question.

Flamers need not apply.

Since 99.9% of the posters on this board are Husker fans, when Mizzou is playing an opponent other than the Huskers....who do you root for?

Do you back your Big XII North brethren and root for evertyhing Big XII...specifically the North?

Do you hope that Mizzou wins and makes a Husker matchup that much more meaningful?

or

Do you just hate those clowns from the beautiful state to the SE and hope they never win a game?

As a Mizzou fan, I'm torn.

Being a Missouri native, I have come to despise anything Jayhawk, Sooner or Bugeater.

I've been a fan of the Tigers since the 60's and watched Mizzou hold their own until the late 70's. (Until that dreadful losing streak lasted till '03)

So it's good to see that the order is being restored and Mizzou is winning with regularity against the Huskers.

When it comes to the Husker-Hokie matchup, half of me wants the Huskers to win and have both teams go into the October 8th matchup with undefeated records and major impact. The other half wants to see a HUGE defeat, so you guys are kept in check a little bit.

Your thoughts and comments start...............NOW.

I will never root for the Tigers. I hate Mizzou more than OU, Colorado, Texas, or K-State.

Flamers need not apply.

Since 99.9% of the posters on this board are Husker fans, when Mizzou is playing an opponent other than the Huskers....who do you root for?

Do you back your Big XII North brethren and root for evertyhing Big XII...specifically the North?

Do you hope that Mizzou wins and makes a Husker matchup that much more meaningful?

or

Do you just hate those clowns from the beautiful state to the SE and hope they never win a game?

Being a Missouri native, I have come to despise anything Jayhawk, Sooner or Bugeater.

I've been a fan of the Tigers since the 60's and watched Mizzou hold their own until the late 70's. (Until that dreadful losing streak lasted till '03)

So it's good to see that the order is being restored and Mizzou is winning with regularity against the Huskers.

When it comes to the Husker-Hokie matchup, half of me wants the Huskers to win and have both teams go into the October 8th matchup with undefeated records and major impact. The other half wants to see a HUGE defeat, so you guys are kept in check a little bit.

I will never root for the Tigers. I hate Mizzou more than OU, Colorado, Texas, or K-State.

i cannot stand missouri and hated chase daniel, huge deucher. But I root for the Big XII in all non games with the exception of Misery and CO. I just cannot stand being in the south and hearing everyone nut swing on the SEC CONSTANTLY, that's why I root for big twelve teams non conf.

Well, it's hard for me to say if I root for all the North teams to win. I say yes, but I find myself at times loving it when CU is getting pounded by Toledo or KSU is getting their teeth kicked in. I hate those two teams with a passion and while it's not your fault Missouri has been moving up my hate list over the past few years. Probably because the jawing that's been coming from Columbia and Missouri fans is annoying as hell and I've heard some horror stories from Husker fans that have visited Columbia. I haven't been there myself so I only take those comments with a grain of salt.

If I had to pick one team that I want to lose everytime they step on the field.....................KSU, I f-ing hate everything about them and hate all of their fans. I've never met one decent KSU fan and they run their mouths like they have a reason to run their mouths.

My non-conference and bowl rooting interests, in this order:

Nebraska

Rest of the Big 12 North

Big 12 South

Whoever is playing whoever ESPN is over-hyping at the time.

Within the north conference games, I'll root against anyone in the north whoever has the upper hand on the standings, outside of Nebraska of course. When I have "no dogs" in the conference fight, root for the underdog.

Exceptions: There seems to be one team every year that breaks my rooting pattern. Last year it was MU because as someone already mentioned, Chase "Booger" Daniel was one of the biggest douches I've ever seen, and just got douchier as the years and the days wore on. Good friggen riddance. The year before that it was CU because of all the cherry picking they did of the "rats abandoning ship". I don't fault the kids for committing elsewhere, but will say they made their own bed with their choice.

Who will my exception be this year? I don't know yet, I haven't decided.

I'll root for almost any North team if they are playing the South. The only team I have a hard time cheering for in the North is KSU. I know I'm not alone there because I don't know anyone who likes KSU (maybe huckfusker, but I'm pretty sure he's a closet Nebraska fan).

I do root for Big XII teams in the non-conference. But I'll be honest and say I'm not heart-broken if they do lose, unless its a highly ranked team.

In the end though, Mizzou and KSU and CU are jokes of programs and not worth our hate. At least someone like OU is respectable, and even though I hate them, it's a hate born from the fact that they are a damn good program and we have a nearly equal series record over the long course of the two programs. We've had great games, and they've gone through us to win it all, and we've gone through them. That's how important it is. Mizzou, KSU, and CU are and always have been obsolete in the Big12/Big8, other than a few odd years where they've made some noise.

Flamers need not apply.

or

When it comes down to it i cheer for all the North teams (except the one we are playing that week :dumdum ). we are in a life or death struggle with the south division, and every win is needed.

North vs south :nutz:lol: