Coverage Map

gotta love how the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area will get the Nebraska game, but California won't...I would love for ABC to explain that one to me. Are they suggesting that more people in Miami would rather watch Nebraska than USC? How about the rest of Florida? Why do they get the USC/Washington game, but tnot the Miami market?

Cali doesn't get Nebraska/VT because USC is playing so all of Cali will get that one. They're probably putting it on in Miami to give those people down there a choice because they will probably pick up both local channels to receive both games.

gotta love how the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area will get the Nebraska game, but California won't...I would love for ABC to explain that one to me. Are they suggesting that more people in Miami would rather watch Nebraska than USC? How about the rest of Florida? Why do they get the USC/Washington game, but not the Miami market?

They're suggesting Miami is an ACC market. Va Tech is an ACC team.

and the West Coast gets f'd again! just like last year...If you want to see the NU/VT game, you'll have to buy it from ESPN Gameplan.

Check and see if your ISP has ESPN360.

They do, but I'm not going to watch a football game on my computer screen...not to mention the fact I would have to download and install software for ESPN 360 to work...with all the viruses and adware programs out there, I'm not a fan of downloading and installing programs from the Internet I don't know much about.

I still don't quite understand how they figure these maps out(ie, some of the state of Nebraska gets the Iowa game, some of Iowa gets the NU game).....do they just let a five year old go crazy with a paintball gun?

No kidding. Just look at Louisiana. Why is there a blue splotch in the middle of the state? I mean if I lived there I'd be thinking AWESOME, we're the one city in LA getting Nebraska/VT, but why? And Florida just looks like someone grabbed a paintbrush, swiped a couple times across the state, and then said. "I think we'll show USC vs. Washington right here, but NE/VT on both sides of it."

:wtf

A note to ABC/ESPN: Nobody cares about Iowa except Iowans.

I heard that has something to do with the Big 11's contract with ESPN. Apparently, any game that ESPN carries from them has to be available nationally. Therefore, everyone who doesn't get Az/Iowa on ABC gets in on ESPN2. Pretty lousy for the majority of the people in the USC/Wash area that would rather see Nebraska vs Viriginia Tech.

They do, but I'm not going to watch a football game on my computer screen...not to mention the fact I would have to download and install software for ESPN 360 to work...with all the viruses and adware programs out there, I'm not a fan of downloading and installing programs from the Internet I don't know much about.

Get a hold of a computer geek and he'll have that game on your TV screen in no time :). I use a wireless network to stream the game onto my laptop and use S-video to connect my laptop to my TV. Most desktops can also be adapted to plug into TVs with the right cabling.

As far as the ESPN360 software, I'm pretty sure it's safe. No guarantees, but there would be significant uproar is someone had detected adware/malware in their software. I ran it through a virus check before I downloaded it and it came up clear.