Coverage Map

I think I've figured it out (and it ain't pretty):

Those in the BLUE areas: You're golden. You get to watch Nebraska in HD on ABC (and during commercials you can switch to ESPN2's HD channel to watch Iowa-Arizona in HD, if you want)

Those in the GREEN areas: You get Iowa-Arizona on ABC (HD) and your ESPN2 HD feed is blacked out. You can still go to the SD ESPN2 channel to see the Nebraska game. But you can't watch it in HD :steam

Those in YELLOW areas: You get the USC-Washington snoozer on ABC (HD) and Iowa-Arizona on ESPN2 HD. To get Nebraska-VT you will need to be able to order ESPN Gameplan for $25, and even then you have to watch in SD.

So basically we have three games being shot in HD, and no possible way to get all three in HD, regardless of how good your programming package is or how much you're willing to shell out.

I just got an email from Huskers.com with the ABC and ESPN2 coverage maps, and of course, since i'm a 10 hour ride or so from Blacksburg, I get the USC game.

And ESPN2 is showing 'Zona and Iowa...

What's ABC/ESPN gonna do as an encore, rape me anally while pouring sugar in my gas tank?????

Yeah I don't get it either, every year out here in the NJ/NY/CT area we get screwed like this. You would think that because VT is an EAST COAST TEAM in a conference that has teams as far North as Boston that you and I wouldn't have an issue getting the feed. No such luck, we are stuck watching 2 games that no one out here gives a damn about.

Make sense out of this one.......

090919_330pm_2.jpg

I think someone said earlier in this thread that the reason Iowa has to go national instead of Nebraska is due to the Big 10's tv deal with ESPN. It's stated in the deal that Big 10 games must be national or something like that.....Not completely sure about the wording. But as we all know the Big 12 has a crappy TV contract so the Big 12 gets screwed....

and the West Coast gets f'd again! just like last year...If you want to see the NU/VT game, you'll have to buy it from ESPN Gameplan.

Agreed that this is complete Horse Sh** for fans on the West Coast!!!! I was surprised to say the least that ESPN 2 (if I'm reading it correctly) will be showing national coverage of the Arizona/Iowa game. Last time I checked, Nebraska vs VT is the ONLY game this Saturday involving two RANKED teams.

Looks like I'll be getting Gameplan in case we get screwed for coverage down the road!

I'm shaking my head that the east coast gets Arizona/Iowa on ESPN2. I MEAN WHAT THE HECK? How are either of those teams remotely relevant, both in the college football landscape, and in terms of location?

Like I said earlier in the thread and was repeated again another poster above me, for some reason ESPN let their contract with the Big 10 have a clause that requires ANY Big 10 game picked up to be available to everyone in the entire nation on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. Therefore, everyone has to get AZ/Iowa on one of the channels. Because, you know, the Big 10 is the best conference in the country and everyone needs to see their games :sarcasm

So tomorrow if we can scroll ahead to Sat and check the guide on the tv, and if it reads Nu at Vt, we have it right? There will not be any last minute changes?

Someone posted another map yesterday with green, blue, and yellow (Blue being us I think). Louisiana was yellow except for a tiny blue dot near Lafayette. We are close to Lafayette but I don't know if that blue exactly covers our town, 30 miles away. If we don't get it as a blue color we are screwed because we cannot get game plan in crappy little mom and pop cable company.