Fans

esox72

I disagree with your definitions.

Fan: you support the team whether they win or lose, but you are in tune with the players and can be realistic with your expectations. You may not think you will win every game, but you WANT to win every game. Criticism is also acceptable.

Bandwagon fan: you chose the flavor of the month/year. Change teams often or you have several "favorite" teams.

Using the above definitions, I would be a fan.

:yeah

Calling someone not a fan because they believe the team will lose is ludicrous. Even when TO was coach, we played some games where we were horribly outmatched and most everyone realistically thought we'd lose. How many people can actually say they thought we were going to win every game when Clownahan was coach?

Bandwagon fans are those who follow the winners. When I see people from Nebraska wearing Texas, Florida, OU, etc. hats, shirts, etc.; is when I see bandwagon fans. Anyone remember all the Husker gear out there back in the 90's? Some/a lot of these fans are/were bandwagon fans as well. A fan supports their team in the best of times and the worst of times. A bandwagon fan always supports the winners.

OU is a good example. During their down years in the mid-90's, you couldn't give away OU memorabilia. No one wanted to wear anything OU. You could get tickets to the game for $5 (no kidding!!! Myself and 2 guys I work with went to an OU vs K-state game....tickets were $5 each and the stadium was more than half empty). Now, everyone proclaims they're lifelong OU fans. It's sickening.

Two years ago, my wife was interviewing for a job in Jefferson City the week after NU went down there and got blasted by Missouri. I was looking at colleges at the time for my second degree and went to visit MU. It was a nice campus, good school. I'm glad she didn't take the job, didn't want to move behind enemy lines.

On my visit, I wore my Husker hat and t-shirt that counts down the sellouts, all-americans, conference titles, MNC, Heismans, and then says 1 Nebraska.

That is a fan!

This probably deserves its own thread, but:

Everyone growing up in Nebraska was a Nebraska football fan because.....well just because.

But when it came to pro football it was a free-for-all. Proximity to Nebraska had almost nothing to do with it. We jumped on and off bandwagons whenever we wanted, often to follow our favorite player. Sometimes we just dug the uniforms.

So with absolutely no college or homestate allegience to make your decision, just pure football pleasure, who do you guys root for in the NFL?

This probably deserves its own thread, but:

Everyone growing up in Nebraska was a Nebraska football fan because.....well just because.

But when it came to pro football it was a free-for-all. Proximity to Nebraska had almost nothing to do with it. We jumped on and off bandwagons whenever we wanted, often to follow our favorite player. Sometimes we just dug the uniforms.

So with absolutely no college or homestate allegience to make your decision, just pure football pleasure, who do you guys root for in the NFL?

The NFL is about money... NCAA Football is about heart. I really cant watch NFL games because its too commercial for my taste... but I am happy for former Huskers that have success at the NFL level.