Rhetorical question

HANC

This is a complete "feel sorry for myself" post. But as I sit here, I cant stop thinking about all of the big time heart breaks we have endured in the recent past.... How many times in the last 4-5 years have we let a "big game" slip away, after what seemingly looks like a victory.

TT: Smith int., then fumble......TD loss

Tex: Nunn catch to seal game....fumble.....loss

TT last year....4th down...Crabtree's catch

Cotton bowl vs Auburn heartbreak

* yes, Gator Bowl did go our way.....

and yes, I know the players "hurt" far more than fans, so I understand, but damn it, it sucks.

This is a complete "feel sorry for myself" post. But as I sit here, I cant stop thinking about all of the big time heart breaks we have endured in the recent past.... How many times in the last 4-5 years have we let a "big game" slip away, after what seemingly looks like a victory.

TT: Smith int., then fumble......TD loss

Tex: Nunn catch to seal game....fumble.....loss

TT last year....4th down...Crabtree's catch

Cotton bowl vs Auburn heartbreak

* yes, Gator Bowl did go our way.....

and yes, I know the players "hurt" far more than fans, so I understand, but damn it, it sucks.

I just posted almost this exact same thing under the heading "wow...", I know exactly how you feel and it is sad to think I was at TT in 2005 and texas in 2006... My heart is bruised. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not that long ago, if we lost a single game, the attitude was kind of like the season was over, because it ruined our expectations of winning another National Championship. With the way the NCAA has cut scholarships and brought in more parity into the NCAA, that is no longer the case - however, your poll position is based a lot on reputation, and right now ours is in the toilet - we can't win against ranked teams. We HAVE to change this...

Our season is by no means over...we can still win the Big XII North, and the Big XII Championship, then go to a good bowl. We don't have a shot at the NC though, until we start winning the big games.

I would like to see Nebraska get back to that attitude that we "can't" lose any games ever...but we have a ways to go before we get there. First the players have to believe...and I don't have the feeling that they all do.

We as fans can't spend all our free time bashing any individual players, like what happened in the Callahan years...it is toxic. I hope we can refrain from doing that.

Call it voodoo fan speculation, but I think the day we stop passing and punting on 3rd and 1/4th and 1 and instead choose to roll the dice with our own fate and pound it out on the ground is the day we break the curse.

Until then, enjoy the season.

Punting was the right call considering how the defense had been playing.

Yup. Worked out great.

Call it voodoo fan speculation, but I think the day we stop passing and punting on 3rd and 1/4th and 1 and instead choose to roll the dice with our own fate and pound it out on the ground is the day we break the curse.

Yup. Worked out great.

The punt didn't cost us the game. The blown coverage on the long pass and the ensuing lack of pressure on the TD pass cost us the game. The punt cannot be blamed for those two lapses.

Yup. Worked out great.

The punt didn't cost us the game. The blown coverage on the long pass and the ensuing lack of pressure on the TD pass cost us the game. The punt cannot be blamed for those two lapses.

Let it go...it is over, and all the whining will not change the outcome. Let's just go out and kick some ass next week. :)