Lee vs Ganz

Maybe a little stat sheet for the people with Ganz hard-ons?

WIN! :thumbs:horns2

Did you do the same thing for Tommie vs. Turner? Why the obsession with Ganz or the fans that love him?

Tommie=2 National Championships won, 3 played for

Turner=2 National Championships played for

Ganz=played hard, had a lot of heart. Rooted for the guy and loved his story. Matter of fact, he was one of my favorites on the team.....but putting him up as one of the top 5 QBs in the history of the program like many did last year soured many of us.

I'm glad somebody is trying to show that Ganz is just a little above average in this offense. As far as QBs go, he is like the Mickey Joseph of the option offense. Okay, but never quite had that other level to lead us to several wins. Not his fault, but we need better to get where we all want to be.

Maybe that person is Zac Lee, maybe it is Cody Green. Hell, maybe it is Tyler Gabbert. Whoever it is, they need to be talented enough that Watson can evolve this offense even further. I feel that Lee's elite arm strength can do it. Maybe Green's legs can do it, which are believed by many to be elite. Ganz didn't posses any elite athletic gifts. He just worked his a$$ off and took his chance when he got it. I respect and admire him for that, but don't make him out to be Crouch, Frost, Frazier, Taylor, Gill, Ferraggamo, or Tagge.

Why, what is the point? What is wrong with people really liking a player that you don't think deserves that praise? I don't mind the comparison of Lee to Ganz if you are trying to put Lee's performance into context of what it means for the Huskers in 2009, but to admit your agenda is to take a stab at the fans who outwardly love Ganz is pointless and a bit classless IMO since really it is an attempt to poke fun at those who have that love for Ganz. So what if you don't agree with where someone ranks a player on the all time lists, debating those lists is part of the fun of being a fan. I am not sure many would rank Rich Glover ahead of Suh right now as best DL to play at NU, but just basing the argument on Achievements you would have to. However I don't go out and start anti-Suh lovefest threads.

Did you do the same thing for Tommie vs. Turner? Why the obsession with Ganz or the fans that love him?

I didn't have the "internets" back when Tommie was playing. I also think comparing Tommie to Turner isn't the same as comparing Ganz to Lee.

As far as my "obsession" I just think some folks have overracted with where they place him in the History of NU football. I also grew sour of him with his whole attitude (complaining) about being "short"-changed as far as the NFL goes. You can throw in the whole "Got Ganz" shirt thing as well.

I am waiting for him to appear on a TV spot with Johnny Rodgers pimping eye surgery though, or a local car dealership.

You seem to be a big Zac Taylor fan. Why don't you include his stats in there as well as it is the same offense that Ganz and Lee ru(a)n?

You seem to be a big Zac Taylor fan. Why don't you include his stats in there as well as it is the same offense that Ganz and Lee ru(a)n?

Because the offense that Taylor ran is not the same offense that Ganz and Lee did/do run. It’s kind of like people comparing Keller/Ganz in 2007. The offense that was run when Keller was playing and Callahan still had a job was nowhere near the video game offense Ganz got to run when Billy C saw the writing on the wall.

As far as being classless in putting these stats up, this an internet message board and I am trying to get people to discuss things and look at things that I think they might be missing. (KEY WORDS I THINK) All that I heard for awhile was “Put in Cody Green” even though Lee was playing just as well as the QB from the year before (who nobody ever thought should be benched). So I figured I would post a comparison of the two QB’s. This week I just figured I would keep it going.

Here are Taylor and Keller’s stats after their first 3 starts:

Taylor 39-89-399 1 TD 3 Int’s 43.8% (terrible) 3-0 (Game 4: 36-55-431 2 TD’s 0 Int)

Keller 74-120-840 4 TD’s 5 Int’s 61.6% 2-1 (Game 4: 29-37-438 3 TD’s 1 Int)

Each and every year is different. Last year, we didn't have the OL we do this year to run behind. More emphasis is on the run than the pass this year. So how do Lee and Ganz's numbers from last year to this year mean any more than Lee's numbers compared to Taylor's numbers? It's about like saying Frost and Crouch were a lot better QB's than Frazier because they had 1000/1000 seasons. Statistically speaking, Jamal Lord was one of the best Husker QB's to ever strap it up.

Because the offense that Taylor ran is not the same offense that Ganz and Lee did/do run. It’s kind of like people comparing Keller/Ganz in 2007. The offense that was run when Keller was playing and Callahan still had a job was nowhere near the video game offense Ganz got to run when Billy C saw the writing on the wall.

As far as being classless in putting these stats up, this an internet message board and I am trying to get people to discuss things and look at things that I think they might be missing. (KEY WORDS I THINK) All that I heard for awhile was “Put in Cody Green” even though Lee was playing just as well as the QB from the year before (who nobody ever thought should be benched). So I figured I would post a comparison of the two QB’s. This week I just figured I would keep it going.

Here are Taylor and Keller’s stats after their first 3 starts:

Taylor 39-89-399 1 TD 3 Int’s 43.8% (terrible) 3-0 (Game 4: 36-55-431 2 TD’s 0 Int)

Keller 74-120-840 4 TD’s 5 Int’s 61.6% 2-1 (Game 4: 29-37-438 3 TD’s 1 Int)

If this was your intent I'd have no issue, but since you admitted that you were putting up this stat sheet for the "people with Ganz hard-ons" as In the Deed stated I don't think your intent was to get people to stop the Cody Green love fest by comparing Lee to Ganz. You basically admitted you have an issue with fans that love Ganz, just deal with it.

Ganz=played hard, had a lot of heart. Rooted for the guy and loved his story. Matter of fact, he was one of my favorites on the team.....but putting him up as one of the top 5 QBs in the history of the program like many did last year soured many of us.

I'm glad somebody is trying to show that Ganz is just a little above average in this offense. As far as QBs go, he is like the Mickey Joseph of the option offense. Okay, but never quite had that other level to lead us to several wins. Not his fault, but we need better to get where we all want to be.

Maybe that person is Zac Lee, maybe it is Cody Green. Hell, maybe it is Tyler Gabbert. Whoever it is, they need to be talented enough that Watson can evolve this offense even further. I feel that Lee's elite arm strength can do it. Maybe Green's legs can do it, which are believed by many to be elite. Ganz didn't posses any elite athletic gifts. He just worked his a$$ off and took his chance when he got it. I respect and admire him for that, but don't make him out to be Crouch, Frost, Frazier, Taylor, Gill, Ferraggamo, or Tagge.

Why, what is the point? What is wrong with people really liking a player that you don't think deserves that praise? I don't mind the comparison of Lee to Ganz if you are trying to put Lee's performance into context of what it means for the Huskers in 2009, but to admit your agenda is to take a stab at the fans who outwardly love Ganz is pointless and a bit classless IMO since really it is an attempt to poke fun at those who have that love for Ganz. So what if you don't agree with where someone ranks a player on the all time lists, debating those lists is part of the fun of being a fan. I am not sure many would rank Rich Glover ahead of Suh right now as best DL to play at NU, but just basing the argument on Achievements you would have to. However I don't go out and start anti-Suh lovefest threads.

Wow! I believe I stated that I liked Ganz a lot and that he was my favorite player on the team. I am not taking anything away from what that particular team did mainly because of Ganz' leadership.

All I am saying is that we need MORE TALENT from the next QB if we want to continue to improve as a program. Ganz was a game manager, we need a game changer.

I thought that was easy to see in my post. You know, the bolded part.....

when Lee gets 3568 yards passing and a cmpl rate of 67.86%

like the ganzinator did in 2008.

THEN compare.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year...v=IA&dest=O

Those stats you share do not point out that Ganz finished 6th out of the 12 QBs in the conference big boy. Not impressive as your bold statement. But click on the link and it adds up easily.

Bobblehead was a good story and better than Keller. That's all. He was never a pure passer. Ganzinator on that.

Oh.. and if the defense holds VT on that last drive some 87 yards away when LEE HAD THE HUSKERS LEADING ON THE ROAD IN BLACKSBURG prior to the punt, comparing stats wouldnt be mentioned as much. Porkchop sideburns microphone media boy is gone. Let it go. The real QB is in the house. Cheer on Zac Lee and accept it or not. That's up to you and the others.

Wow! I believe I stated that I liked Ganz a lot and that he was my favorite player on the team. I am not taking anything away from what that particular team did mainly because of Ganz' leadership.

All I am saying is that we need MORE TALENT from the next QB if we want to continue to improve as a program. Ganz was a game manager, we need a game changer.

I thought that was easy to see in my post. You know, the bolded part.....

No my ire is more at the OP, you just happened to be the last post that I quoted so I apologize for that. I don't agree with the second paragraph of your reply though. If debating Joe's place in NU history as a QB was the intent of this thread, then go ahead and have the debate. I am pretty sure that isn't the intent of the OP though.

While I was hoping Zac would be a better QB then Ganz I would have to admit Ganz probably would have won the game this year with VT if he was back this year. <_<

With Ganz you had to take the good with the bad which was usualy a turnover for a td at the wrong time. I still think he scored more td's that counted against Nebraska defense then any QB did last year.