WRs

gmoney88

Both deserve the majority of the touches going forward.

When Brooks actually gets PT, he makes play. Curenski provides a legitimate deep threat and can constantly make plays in that fashion. When Lee gets more confidence to rely on his arm to throw that deep ball, watch Curenski explode even more.

Niles, for all his physical attributes, guy just doesn't make that many plays. He shouldn't even be returning punts or kicks, IMO. I know alot of people will disagree, but besides the occasional good return he does have, he does nothing for field position. Quality returners will give you that extra field position on most plays. Niles just isn't that shifty and does not have that quick burst most quality returners do.

And Meno. I'll reserve my comments a bit. But dude just does nothing. Kinnie or Cooper should be playing more than him even if they have to learn on the fly. At least they will might actually make a play once in a while.

When Brooks actually gets PT, he makes play.

***SNIP***

I wonder - is Brooks one of those guys that doesn't practice well, but explodes in games?

Nope. Remember back to the spring how he was constantly a star in practice reports and even had a great spring game.

I think the majority of his problems is lack of tenacity blocking. If this were 8 years ago, it should have been a problem. But in the offense we have now and you have a guy just making plays when he gets on the field? You ride that SOB 'till the wheels fall of. Especially when we have so few wideouts making plays to begin with.

When Brooks actually gets PT, he makes play.

***SNIP***

I wonder - is Brooks one of those guys that doesn't practice well, but explodes in games?

Nope. Remember back to the spring how he was constantly a star in practice reports and even had a great spring game.

I think the majority of his problems is lack of tenacity blocking. If this were 8 years ago, it should have been a problem. But in the offense we have now and you have a guy just making plays when he gets on the field? You ride that SOB 'till the wheels fall of. Especially when we have so few wideouts making plays to begin with.

Damn, that's right. Forgot about his spring performance. Hmmmm - I suspect that you're also right about the blocking. Not much else he doesn't do on the field. Thanks, Willie.

When Brooks actually gets PT, he makes play. Curenski provides a legitimate deep threat and can constantly make plays in that fashion. When Lee gets more confidence to rely on his arm to throw that deep ball, watch Curenski explode even more.

Niles, for all his physical attributes, guy just doesn't make that many plays. He shouldn't even be returning punts or kicks, IMO. I know alot of people will disagree, but besides the occasional good return he does have, he does nothing for field position. Quality returners will give you that extra field position on most plays. Niles just isn't that shifty and does not have that quick burst most quality returners do.

And Meno. I'll reserve my comments a bit. But dude just does nothing. Kinnie or Cooper should be playing more than him even if they have to learn on the fly. At least they will might actually make a play once in a while.

I completely agree

Though you may remember early in his NU career Brooks was criticized by his coaches that if wanted to be trusted on Saturday he has to show us throughout the week.

I'm happy for Chris that he is getting some PT and making the most of it. I thought in the preseason that if Paul, Holt, and Brooks could play up to their potential that would be a trio of wide outs that would be tough to cover.

Agreed on all counts.

With as little production as Paul is providing at WR, maybe the coaches should move him to DB. After all he did make a terrific tackle against Helu on his long (almost a TD) catch! <_<

I know quite a few people that were of the opinion that Paul could be an AA safety, but would be nothing more than an average WR.

Sadly, to this point, they are not even right on the 'average' WR part. Arkansas State be dammed, dude is our supposed #1 WR and he has been awful.

Seriously, he has had one DECENT game out of four. Take away the Arkansas State game where he only had 6 catches for 69 yards plus that 30 yard rush for a TD and his stats on the year would look like ..

4 catches

41 yards

0 TDs

I mean, seriously ..

With as little production as Paul is providing at WR, maybe the coaches should move him to DB. After all he did make a terrific tackle against Helu on his long (almost a TD) catch! <_<

I know quite a few people that were of the opinion that Paul could be an AA safety, but would be nothing more than an average WR.

Sadly, to this point, they are not even right on the 'average' WR part. Arkansas State be dammed, dude is our supposed #1 WR and he has been awful.

Seriously, he has had one DECENT game out of four. Take away the Arkansas State game where he only had 6 catches for 69 yards plus that 30 yard rush for a TD and his stats on the year would look like ..

4 catches

41 yards

0 TDs

I mean, seriously ..

Good point. Didn't even realize, I mean, I knew the guy was having his struggles this year, but JEEZ.... :blink:

He has all of the tools but I think he lacks toughness. He should have had that TD last night however he rapidly developed a case of alligator arms when those two defenders were approaching him. That is lack of toughness is tough for some to overcome.

About him not returning punts or kick offs, I disagree. Right now that's what he does best.

The most disappointing play so far from the Huskers this season is it's wide outs. Holt is........... I'll reserve my comments also. Paul has done nothing. This team is rounding into a very formidable opponent for anyone on it's schedule and can win a close game with about any phase of the game except the wide outs. We need Swift and Peterson back!!!