My First Game in Lincoln

rawhide-jr

This weekend has been easily the best of my life. I had a filet at Misty's. I got to see the 300th sellout with my Dad in person. I had a Runza inside the stadium and UNL Dairy Ice Cream... I've met Tommie Frazier, Matt Davison, Joe Ganz, Corey McKeon, and Cody Green in person. I got to walk through the Haymarket on a Saturday morning, and take part in the Husker Tailgating and all the deafening chants during the game. The 300th videos were spectactular, as was the flyover by the F-16s... The highlight reel of a game was more than I could have ever hoped in my first homegame, and I got to share it all with my Dad. I came to tears numerous times as the emotions of finally being in the Sea of Red after 26 years became a reality...

This weekend, the people, and the memories I'll have with my family make me believe there's no place like Nebraska...

That's awesome that you had a great time! Now that I'm a student here I don't get to go to games with my dad often, but it was always something that I loved to do and I hold those memories very close to my heart.

I don't know about meeting Corey Mckeon as being a good thing, though. <_< lol

And also, unless it was a mistype, It's called Haymarket just so you know :) .

Where are you from, since this is your first game in Lincoln? Did you live here before and move away just never get the chance to come here? What's your story?

That's awesome that you had a great time! Now that I'm a student here I don't get to go to games with my dad often, but it was always something that I loved to do and I hold those memories very close to my heart.

Where are you from, since this is your first game in Lincoln? Did you live here before and move away just never get the chance to come here? What's your story?

My bad, I'm not used to this laptop... I meant Haymarket lol :LOLtartar

My father and his side of the clan are from God's Country (Nebraska) and my Mother is from the Fourth Ring of Hell (California). I was born in Colorado :bang and we moved to southern California shortly after. I resided in California ever since, but I was assimilated into the Husker Nation from day one. I visited family once in a while back here, but was never able to make it to a game due to money, work, or other problems. My parents came back two years ago to the Iowa State game, which I was supposed to go to, but I didn't make it thanks to work... I may be Coloradan by birth, and Californian by residence, but I am and always will be a Nebraskan by heart. Someday, God willing, I'll move to Lincoln and live the rest of my life in a place that makes me so happy.

My bad, I'm not used to this laptop... I meant Haymarket lol :LOLtartar

My father and his side of the clan are from God's Country (Nebraska) and my Mother is from the Fourth Ring of Hell (California). I was born in Colorado :bang and we moved to southern California shortly after. I resided in California ever since, but I was assimilated into the Husker Nation from day one. I visited family once in a while back here, but was never able to make it to a game due to money, work, or other problems. My parents came back two years ago to the Iowa State game, which I was supposed to go to, but I didn't make it thanks to work... I may be Coloradan by birth, and Californian by residence, but I am and always will be a Nebraskan by heart. Someday, God willing, I'll move to Lincoln and live the rest of my life in a place that makes me so happy.

Gotta give it up to your dad for keeping you with the Husker tradition and bringing you up the right way.

Well I think it's great that you were able to make it here for the 300th game, and that you were able to enjoy all the festivities involved with Husker game day. Since I'm from Omaha (only like 45 minutes away from Lincoln), I've been surrounded by Nebraska stuff ever since I was born in '89. Sometimes it's easy for me to take advantage of just how special it is being able to go to a Husker game because I've lived here all my life and go to school in Lincoln now.

I hope you are able to make it to another game soon. You should try and convince your family to take a "vacation" over Thanksgiving to Colorado, and then just "happen upon" some Nebraska vs. Colorado tickets while you're there (by buying them weeks ahead of time :lol: ) and then go to Boulder and watch the game!

This weekend has been easily the best of my life. I had a filet at Misty's. I got to see the 300th sellout with my Dad in person. I had a Runza inside the stadium and UNL Dairy Ice Cream... I've met Tommie Frazier, Matt Davison, Joe Ganz, Corey McKeon, and Cody Green in person. I got to walk through the Haymarket on a Saturday morning, and take part in the Husker Tailgating and all the deafening chants during the game. The 300th videos were spectactular, as was the flyover by the F-16s... The highlight reel of a game was more than I could have ever hoped in my first homegame, and I got to share it all with my Dad. I came to tears numerous times as the emotions of finally being in the Sea of Red after 26 years became a reality...

This weekend, the people, and the memories I'll have with my family make me believe there's no place like Nebraska...

Please tell my about your impression of Misty's. Which one did you go to? Did you have it medium rare? Did you eat it with the horseradish? My boss is a hugh Cajun's fan and I sent him to Misty's and I can't wait to hear his impression of what has to be the best prime rib in the world! I am so very hungry now and I miss the beef.

Thanks! Oh, and I got Suh's autograph on my brand new Husker hat... R-Sr., Mom, and I were driving down the street, and we saw him getting out of his car... My Dad damn near threw me out of the car as I started running through traffic to get up to him... I caught up to him and he was as cool as Cody Green, but way scarier... R-Sr. almost wrecked the rental car while he got out too... There was washer fluid all over the windshield ( a poor attempt at putting the vehicle in park) and Mom was laughing hysterically at us... I felt bad because Suh wasn't really smiling, but I was reminded he's very humble and just always looks like he's going to eat a baby... :bonez:koolaid2::w00t:LOLtartar

Thanks! Oh, and I got Suh's autograph on my brand new Husker hat... R-Sr., Mom, and I were driving down the street, and we saw him getting out of his car... My Dad damn near threw me out of the car as I started running through traffic to get up to him... I caught up to him and he was as cool as Cody Green, but way scarier... R-Sr. almost wrecked the rental car while he got out too... There was washer fluid all over the windshield ( a poor attempt at putting the vehicle in park) and Mom was laughing hysterically at us... I felt bad because Suh wasn't really smiling, but I was reminded he's very humble and just always looks like he's going to eat a baby... :bonez:koolaid2::w00t:LOLtartar

kinda off topic, but i love your avatar jr! cracks me up every time! GBR