On a serious note!

eoltmer

With the rash of one loss teams this early in the season and the possability of BCS busters running the table. What is everyones thoughts, concerns and projections for the bowl games? If everyone has one-two losses does and undefeated Boise State deserve to be in the NC game? If (When :koolaid2: ) NU runs the table and gets to the Big XII CG could we get into a BCS game even with a loss? Alot of what if's and what not's but seeing Boise State in the top 5 this early and top 10 teams going down every week the endless opportunites are there.

Just a little side chat to waste the time till 8 Oct. :bonez:cheers

P.S. Thought you all might like the Motivational poster! GBR

post-3603-1254157143.jpg

Nebraska will more than likely NOT be in a BCS bowl with a loss in the B12 CCG if they make it to the game. On another note, Boise St. being in the top 5 is a joke. The remainder of their schedule does not have anyone even remotely considered in the top 25. They'll cruise through the WAC with some ridiculous numbers and more than likely get to a BCS game, but not the big one.

I was looking at Houston's schedule and they don't play anyone of substance outside of Miss State. How about an undefeated houston taking on an undefeated Boise St for the National Championship?

The only way I see that happening is if every top BCS 6 auto bids teams finish with 2 losses at least. Houston vs Boise State in the NCG would be the ultimate slap in the face to all the BCS stands for...god I would love to see it. :box:clap

Nebraska gets hammered in the media about not beating top teams on the road, but I'm curious how Boise State has faired against legimate top teams when they're not on the "smurf turf"(setting aside the Oklahoma game).

That's a big unknown. They rarely play anyone of consequence on the road or at home. The OU win was their only bowl win in the last 5 tries, and they are getting a whole lot of mileage out of getting up for that one huge game. They got blown out at ranked Georgia in 2004, lost at ranked Hawaii and unranked Washington in 2007. They did beat #17 Oregon in Eugene last year. So their legacy is 3 wins over teams called OU, and a bunch of wins over conference patsies and other weaker non-conference opponents.

If you watch them, they do look very good, though 1-3 Fresno St scored almost at will on them.

The BCS and the talking heads clammering for a playoff system have done more harm to college football over the last 8 to 10 years than has been done by everything else combined. I will hope everyday until the end of the season that Houston and Boisie State do end up in their sham championship game that will take place on some week night in January long after most college football have turned their attention to the last third of the NFL season.

T_O_B

:boxosoap

I would love to see us win the Big 12 Championship and play down here in AZ. Remember, in 1996 a mediocre Texas team stunned Nebraska to spoil our would-be Sugar Bowl appearance. I think we'll owe them payback.

The only other way of going BCS bound is to win every other game this season, including Oklahoma, and play Texas close in the Championship game. I would think that with the way we travel, we would be picked as one of the at-large bids.

But there's a lot of season left, so who knows?

Realistically, I think it will be a Cotton Bowl bid and I'm gonna say against Alabama. Ooh! What a dandy that would be!