Favorite game day Adult Beverage

Bradr

BEER DRINKING TIPS

Store the beer in a cool place. Beer should always be stored in a fridge. Preferable temperature 45-55°F (about 10-15 degrees warmer than most fridges). Lower temperatures may add to refreshment, but it lowers the perception of flavor and aroma—numbing the tongue. Allowing a beer to warm up a little will go a long way to releasing the flavors locked inside. Bottles should be stored upright and when removed, should not be tilted. Agitation of the bottle may stir up settled yeast in some bottle conditioned beers and produce off flavors. If a fridge is not available or space is limited, a cool dark place is next best. Do not store outside even if it is cooler as bottles may explode.

Use a cold glass. If desired Beer can be served in a chilled glass, as ice will dilute the flavor. It is preferable that the glass be stored in the same fridge as the beer, never place your drinking glasses in a freezer as this could cause ice to form when poured. The fridge should be free of any open food containers that may deposit flavors. i.e. garlic, onions, etc.

Choose the right glass. Thick walled mugs or tall Pilsener type glasses are ideal. These come in a variety of shaped and sizes. Plastic is all right in a pinch, but only if it is a brand new cup. Plastics can transfer flavors from previous contents or impart a distasteful plastic flavor.

Use a clean glass. Your drinking glass should be cleaned or changed with each beer. Cleaning requires only a small squirt of dish soap in the glass and then to run glass through cold water till no suds appear. Do not towel out the inside. You can tell if a glass is clean after you pour a beer into it while tilting the glass slightly. If the head sticks to the sides of the glass, it is clean.

Pour correctly. Contrary to frat house rules, head is important on a beer. Pour your beer straight into the glass, leaving the bottom 1/4 inch of beer in the bottle. When you pour, do it from high above the glass to get maximum head. But, it should be a steady stream with minimal gurgling inside the bottle.

Let the head settle. Don't attempt to dissipate the head by adding anything to the beer, namely, salt, oil from the side of your nose etc., as this will make the beer go flat almost instantly.

Favorite Adult Beverage?

It's a toss up of what I'm feeling like beer wise. Bud Light or Michelob Amber Bach, or Rolling Rock.

I think there has only been one time during a Nebraska game that somebody brought some alcohol mix and every time Nebraska got a score you had to do a shot. I think it was one of those where we won something like 62 to whatever.

6a00d83451c59a69e200e550844b358834-640wi.jpg

Gotta admit that I'm jealous of the "blue mountains" on the Coors Light bottles that indicate if your beer is cold or not. I solve that problem by polishing off my Bud Light before it has a chance to get warm!

:cheers

One can also tell if its cold by touching it. Not once have I gazed across a room at a beer and thought 'I wonder if that baby is cold'.

Killians Red, Honey Brown, any wheat beer, and Makers Mark. Not all at the same time mind you.

I call this one the "Get Sued By Axl Cocktail Husker Blast"

First off.......you need to get one bag of Totino's Pizza Rolls. Preferably the "combination" flavor.

Open bag and spread out the rolls on a microwave safe plate.

Nuke them for about 2.5 minutes.

Then put rolls into a blender and blend for about 45-55 seconds.

Then pour DRINK into a glass.

Get a straw

ENJOY!!!