Favorite game day Adult Beverage

Bradr

Well, the weekend is almost here and with the bye week, we all need a little something to get us through.

With that in mind, what's everyone's adult beverage of choice for Husker games?

The staple is a case of Miller Light.

If I'm getting fancy, its Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat.

If there's quite a few people over its Husker Punch - Hawaiian Punch, OJ, Bacardi, and Parrot Bay (+usually some Stroh as the night progresses... :horns2 )

for some reason it's Newcastle for me. There's something about it. A six pack of Newcastle, my rotel dip (which is slowly changing over to this buffalo chicken dip recipe I was given)...and the Huskers!

Amen to that. Like the imports, though a Boston Lager is miracle in a bottle. But if the Brits can do one thing right, it's either kick out Gordon Brown or keep shipping Newcastle our way.

I always drink Miller before any of our games. Then, I usually brink a flask with Jack Daniels to Lane and I mix it with coke once the kickers start warming up.

Tomorrow morning I am driving 3 hours down to Durham, NC to see our guys take on Duke - which means I won't be drinking anything. If we don't beat Duke I'll probably skip the coke and do some straight Jack once I get home...

Since this topic was brought up... we went out after the VT-NU game in Lincoln last year to some pizza place and we had some kind of local beer. What would that have been? It was really good.

If you would share please... :)

The GF has it...I'll try and get it from her this weekend. But I think this one is pretty close: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Franks-Red-Ho...Dip/Detail.aspx I think it's the original recipe where we started with...except we use a crockpot to cook it. We also use the ranch dressing instead of blue cheese and shredded mozarella. It's sooooooo good. You need to play with the hot sauce amount. I'm wanting to try Tabasco's Chipotle hot sauce next time. I LOVE that stuff on pretty much anything.