Do we have any tropy games?

Twodocs

I know there is the Missouri/Nebraska Bell. That's all I can think of.

Thanks, MU has four!

Great but is it still done? I do not recall the ceremony?

MISSOURI-NEBRASKA BELL - Issued to the winner of the Missouri-Nebraska football game ... Originated in 1927. Laid aside in World War II years, and later resurrected in 1947 ... Bell was originally stolen from a church in Seward, Neb., by two Nebraska fraternities (Phi Delta Theta and Delta Tau Delta) who shared the same house ... When each fraternity moved to separate living quarters, they battled for possession of the bell each year in a specified contest athletic or academic ... When in 1927, Missouri proposed a suitable trophy be established for the MU-Nebraska football rivalry, the bell was suggested and adopted - engraved on one side with an "M" and on the other with an "N" ... At Mizzou, the bell is cared for by the QEBH Society, while the Nebraska caretaker is the Innocents Society of Nebraska ... Missouri won the first game, 7-6.

I think Nebraska fans stopped caring about these pseudo trophies when we started winning National Championships, Heisman trophies, Conference titles, Outland awards, etc, etc, etc. I think when we started having a trophy named after one of our players (the Rimington Award), that was pretty much the death knell for anything like this, at least for our fans.

the Missouri-Nebraska Bell still has a ceremony in Columbia. Went to the game there in '07 and a group of people from each school came out in colored robes (red for NU, black for UM) resembling some pseudo KKK outfit. they recited the origin and some history regarding who has won it the most. most people were lost except for the over 30 crowd.

I think Nebraska fans stopped caring about these pseudo trophies when we started winning National Championships, Heisman trophies, Conference titles, Outland awards, etc, etc, etc. I think when we started having a trophy named after one of our players (the Rimington Award), that was pretty much the death knell for anything like this, at least for our fans.

Exactly the kind of arrogant attitude that Mizzou fans allude to. Nub fans are literally "too good" to care about meaningless little trophies or rivalries.

Exactly the kind of arrogant attitude that Mizzou fans allude to. Nub fans are literally "too good" to care about meaningless little trophies or rivalries.

You know what's funny about this whole "arrogant" tangent Missouri fans are so bent about? Oklahoma fans don't think we're arrogant. Texas fans don't think we're arrogant. USC, Florida, and LSU fans don't think we're arrogant.

Ever stop to wonder why that is? I'll give you a hint - it has something to do with having been there. They know what it's like, and they know it's not arrogance.

But you keep on banging that "arrogance" drum, Missouri Fan. I know it's the only beat you know.

you are ignorant but that's not a surprise.

You know what's funny about this whole "arrogant" tangent Missouri fans are so bent about? Oklahoma fans don't think we're arrogant. Texas fans don't think we're arrogant. USC, Florida, and LSU fans don't think we're arrogant.

Ever stop to wonder why that is? I'll give you a hint - it has something to do with having been there. They know what it's like, and they know it's not arrogance.

But you keep on banging that "arrogance" drum, Missouri Fan. I know it's the only beat you know.

Actually I think it's because they are also arrogant. :hmmph

Should we continue?............................................V Tech fans, Clemson fans..............Anybody else want to add some?