POLL GARBAGE

No one to blame for our ranking but ourselves.

Play other than Sun Belt teams, beat Va Tech.

When we do those things we will be rated higher.

And here we go with Oklahoma being down. They will be ready to play by the time we see them. They have a lot of injuries right now. Most should be back by the time we see them. Possilby before the Texas game. Oklahoma will be just fine.

VaTech beat Miami on a very wet, rainey day. Took some of their speed away. Would it have happened on a dry field, who knows.

We only need to be concerned with winning games, the polls will take care of themselves.

Look at Iowa and Houston. The teams they beat are still ahead of them. And they were both undefeated the last time I looked. We really have nothing to be upset about. We failed in our first attempt this year, we may not get another chance at a top 10-15 team until we see the CCG, if we make it.

Texas Tech is out, Missouri will not be, Kansas is possible but doubtful. Oklahoma is our only chance and they have to beat Texas to be in that range.

The rest of them will mean nothing as far as the rest of the nation is concerned. Not to mention we have to win them first before we count them.

They do matter right now. If we are ranked higher, we get better TV time slots, and not this ppv BS.

And I swear to god, OU had better drop ALL THE WAY OUT of the rankings. No one with 2 losses and a .500 record should be ranked. But odds are the morons keep OU ranked ahead of us, when our resume is better than theirs right now.

They do matter right now. If we are ranked higher, we get better TV time slots, and not this ppv BS.

And I swear to god, OU had better drop ALL THE WAY OUT of the rankings. No one with 2 losses and a .500 record should be ranked. But odds are the morons keep OU ranked ahead of us, when our resume is better than theirs right now.

see its this sort of thinking that makes the polls such a mess in the early season, IMO. You want to drop OU out of the polls completely for losing to two good teams by very small margins not at home? Everyone bitches about people playing creampuffs, but why would you do anything else? you shouldn't schedule a challenging noncon game at all if you are in the BCS conferences bc the loss penalty isn't worth the risk.

lol- case in point, kansas is ranked 15 and 16 now.

Check out SI's current top 16 playoff look, pretty interesting. We are a 16 seed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...poll/index.html

The bottom line is that people are not voting for the best teams. Here are my biggest problems with the polls at their current position.

1. USC lost to a TERRIBLE Washington team, and is ranked 7th.

2. Iowa at 12th is ridiculous. They beat a very unimpressive Penn State team, and should have lost to Northern Iowa, a team thats not even in division 1. They also almost dropped on Saturday to Arkansas St. No argument for this team to be higher than 23rd.

3. Auburn jumped to 17th place after being unranked, and beating an unranked and unimpressive Tennessee team.

4. Oklahoma Dropping from 8th to 19th. This is along the same lines as our loss to Vtech. It seems if you barely inch out a win against a higher ranked team you skyrocket, and on the other end of the spectrum you plummet. I think Miami and Oklahoma should be ranked similar.

These are my four biggest complaints. These voters are don't understand that if an unranked team beat a ranked team, maybe they just OVERRANKED them. Instead they think that the unranked team that won must be godly and they move them up. (hence Houston, Iowa, Washington) Instead maybe Penn State, USC, and Oklahoma State just aren't as good as they were originally ranked, and neither team should be ranked high.

I will not make a case for Nebraska, if we win the games we need to we will find a place in the polls. But that doesn't seem to be the case for many of these other teams. MANY teams apparently can lose games that they shouldn't and still be ranked very highly in the polls.

Virginia Tech beats pathetic Duke by 8 whopping points today. Tech beats Nebraska on a bull-crap last minute fluke after Nebraska kicks Techs butts all day long. Why is Tech ranked 7th or whatever and we're ranked like 22nd? Do the morons who vote in the polls watch the games? Do they read reports on games? Do they vote on whatever teams sound nice? I've had it with these stupid F polls. They don't mean diddly...

Winning takes care of everything.

Considering Nebraska hasn't beaten anyone of substance in 10 years I suggest we concentrate on the next opponent.

Virginia Tech beats pathetic Duke by 8 whopping points today. Tech beats Nebraska on a bull-crap last minute fluke after Nebraska kicks Techs butts all day long. Why is Tech ranked 7th or whatever and we're ranked like 22nd? Do the morons who vote in the polls watch the games? Do they read reports on games? Do they vote on whatever teams sound nice? I've had it with these stupid F polls. They don't mean diddly...

I agree. I don't think the people who vote in the polls watch the games. Nebraska was the better team but they just look at the score. I don't mind being rated lower because we did lose, but 18 places lower? :wtf

2. Iowa at 12th is ridiculous. They beat a very unimpressive Penn State team, and should have lost to Northern Iowa, a team thats not even in division 1. They also almost dropped on Saturday to Arkansas St. No argument for this team to be higher than 23rd.

I will not make a case for Nebraska, if we win the games we need to we will find a place in the polls. But that doesn't seem to be the case for many of these other teams. MANY teams apparently can lose games that they shouldn't and still be ranked very highly in the polls.

polls mean less than squat this time of year.

Besides, why the f0ck do you care where iowa is or isn't in the polls?

:dumdum

the reasoning for the hawks ranking...

5-0 with a win against a top 5 team on the road (in front of 100,000+ fans).

Almost losing to UNI dropped Iowa from the polls entirely. It was a win.

I guess the W didn't look pretty enough.

Iowa beat #5 Penn St, rightfully moving them back up among the same voters that ranked PSU at #5.

Ark St was classic trap game and nearly bit the hawks. It was a win.

Almost losing to ark st shouldn't drop them.

And it didn't.

don't mean the hawks will stay up there. likely they won't. it's a long season.

beat ranked teams and the rankings will come.

... if you don't they won't.

simple really.