Anybody heard any rumors lately??

This is only a rumor, and I have no way to confirm.....

However, I got a call from a buddy of mine in Omaha who said that he was told that Ben Cotton is out of Thursday's game w/H1N1, and that Hickman and Helu are being tested for the flu. This friend of mine has been right in the past, as he told me about Castille before the rumors started on that issue.

I sure hope this is false.....please don't kill the messenger!

I heard the same thing, only that Lee and Suh has H1N1. That cant be true. It just cant.

I doubt Hickman is sick because he spoke directly to Kaipust at the Omaha World Herald. You'd think he'd have made mention about him being sick. He spoke to him just yesterday according to the article. At the end of the article he even speak to Helu, so the H1N1 thing would be a farce, it doesn't just pop up over night.

Doesnt matter if he spoke yesterday, my mom has it and was fine on friday afternoon and by saturday afternoon she was totally smoked.

I highly doubt she was fine if she has the H1N1 virus as the onset can take up to 3 days for full on infections. She might have the regular flu, but it wouldn't just pop up over night being H1N1.

Both season flu and H1N1 can come on gradually or like a freight train. Last time I had flu - about 10 years ago - I went to bed with a scratchy throat and woke up feeling like a fell out of an airplane.

For what it's worth, I hope all the players are healthy and ready to go on Thursday. You guys too.

How exactly does it feel to fall out of an airplane???!!!!

OH, it ain't so bad. Until you hit the ground!! :)

However, I got a call from a buddy of mine in Omaha who said that he was told that Ben Cotton is out of Thursday's game w/H1N1, and that Hickman and Helu are being tested for the flu. This friend of mine has been right in the past, as he told me about Castille before the rumors started on that issue.

I heard the same thing, only that Lee and Suh has H1N1. That cant be true. It just cant.

That sounds far too convenient (sp?) Two of the most important people on the team, i cant even imagine what the odds of that are.

That sounds far too convenient (sp?) Two of the most important people on the team, i cant even imagine what the odds of that are.

Yeah I agree. No way it can be Suh and Lee. I believe that it could be Cotton though and people are getting tested.

This is a lot of posts for a rumor that was mostly started in this thread.

It didn't start in this thread, I heard things elsewhere first, not on Unsportsmanlike Conduct either. The UBIQUITOUS, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. It seems to be picking up steam. Unfortunate if true, but proper perspective is in order: it's just a game. I hope the illness isn't too serious for the sake of the guys, not the sake of a game.

I'm just saying, it's scary enough to think about, let alone talk about. it's not worth getting worked up if it is unsubstantiated.

I believe it is substantiated though, just based on where it's coming from. Even so, it's not even rumored to be widespread, 1 or 2 guys, 3 at most? One of them a reserve tight end? Never mind that a lot of the swine flu "scariness" is media flogging dedhoarse Hell, the WHO (world health organization, not the band The Who) said at one point regular seasonal flu was worse.

To quote that Tennesse coach in the 2000 Fiesta Bowl game: "WASH YOUR HANDS!" Or. . .something like that.

:yeah

Now that just sounds way too far fetched.

Cliff notes:

Someone (maybe up to 3 someones) on the team might be sick. There is nothing so far just lots of rumblings. Ben Cotton is probably one of them (I don't know why he'd be singled out otherwise . . . ) and then it seems like people are filling in the blanks with players that are particularly important to Nebraska (Suh, Helu, Lee, Hickman). That doesn't mean that the rumors aren't correct . . . but it seems a little too inconvenient to have 2 out of 3 be that critically important to our game.

Then again . . . where there's smoke there's often fire.

listening to USC now............

Post practice interview...........

Pelini says: Helu was out of practice because he was sick, doesn't think he will be out of the game......... He said a few other guys were not at practice today...........

Pelini dispelled the rumors, but said there are a few guys that are sick.......... So guys are sick but not necessarily the flu, let alone h1n1

Then again, Bo doesn't use a lot of words................

Not as worried about it as I was a hour ago, but the thought that Helu was out of practice is concerning.............

listening to USC now............

Post practice interview...........

Pelini says: Helu was out of practice because he was sick, doesn't think he will be out of the game......... He said a few other guys were not at practice today...........

Pelini dispelled the rumors, but said there are a few guys that are sick.......... So guys are sick but not necessarily the flu, let alone h1n1

Then again, Bo doesn't use a lot of words................

Not as worried about it as I was a hour ago, but the thought that Helu was out of practice is concerning.............

Pelini say's in his Audio that Helu could of practiced today. And that he was not going to practice anyway's today. When asked if it would be his Normaly's starters on thursday Pelini reply'd with a yes