For anyone thats worried about Helu not playing thursday

Michael Jordan scored 38 points on game 6 of the 1997 finals with flu like symptoms.

Are you comparing Helu to MJ? Please....

Fair comparison :thumbs:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

Not even close to fair. The fair comparison would be MJ to Helu. :sarcasm

Well they both play different sports. If MJ put on the pads, I don't think he could do what Helu could do.

Yeah, I don't see MJ running through the line with the rock eluding tacklers like Helu. However, I hope you're not insinuating that MJ couldn't play football. He's what 6'7 or so? He run like a 4.3 or 4.4 40. He'd have been an outstanding football player as a WR. Now, can you say the same thing about Helu as a basketball player? MJ and Tiger Woods can be mentioned in the same sentence, but I don't think Helu is quite to their level yet.

Yeah, I don't see MJ running through the line with the rock eluding tacklers like Helu. However, I hope you're not insinuating that MJ couldn't play football. He's what 6'7 or so? He run like a 4.3 or 4.4 40. He'd have been an outstanding football player as a WR. Now, can you say the same thing about Helu as a basketball player? MJ and Tiger Woods can be mentioned in the same sentence, but I don't think Helu is quite to their level yet.

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

eddie_harris.jpg

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

eddie_harris.jpg

Tebow doesn't play baseball.

i ain't worried.

the mighty skers could win without him anyway.

one man does not a program make.

I heartily agree. I am much more concerned with how many Huskers are under the weather than if one RB can play or not. If several of our two deep are sick in a driving rainstorm, we're screwed. If Helu is out, we're okay.

This game could come down to line play exclusively if the forecast is right. In that case I like our chances. Simply play D and run the ball. I do worry a little that Misery might run an offense like Fla does ala Tebow with Gabbert and that fast Freshman RB they have if the conditions are bad. I still like our chances but it may be tough with them at home and the Huskers on the road without Helu.

If the weather channel is correct, it will be like the great flood in Columbia. VT shut down Miami which would have likely beaten them on a fast track. Maybe we can do the same with Misery--good D, conservative game plan, few mistakes. On the other hand I think Gabbert and their RBs are at least even if Helu can't go at full speed. Line play vs. home field advantage. Should be a great game.

Peeps saw Helu getting on the bus to the airport in fine spirits.

and by bus do you mean... a white vehicle with large rear doors, and lights on the top? Perhaps this bus sped off with lights flashing and sirens?

He is fine... We are going to columbia focused and with a mean streak. I think our D is going to set the tone of the game instead of Mizzou's O. If thats the case we are going to beat them into submission.

Its time to :restore