For anyone thats worried about Helu not playing thursday

I was reading the thread about people hearing rumors about Helu Jr. might being sick with H1N1

well here you go

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Nebraska coach Bo Pelini says starting running back Roy Helu Jr. should be able to play against No. 24 Missouri on Thursday night after missing practice.

Pelini said Helu wasn’t feeling well Tuesday and was sent home. Pelini said a couple other players missed practice because of academic obligations.

The coach said the 21st-ranked Huskers “got a lot done” and were “pretty sharp” during their final major practice before their Big 12 opener in Columbia, Mo

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...cess=1#comments

...should be able to play against No. 24 Missouri on Thursday night....

left it open just in case he doesn't go, I would've preferred 'WILL be ready to go'....

I'll hold my breath unitl I see #10 carring the rock

It would really suck to see him not playing in a huge game like this one. I mean I know Burkhead is good but...he's not AS good as Helu.

...should be able to play against No. 24 Missouri on Thursday night....

left it open just in case he doesn't go, I would've preferred 'WILL be ready to go'....

I'll hold my breath unitl I see #10 carring the rock

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Should is something I tell my GF regarding the time I will get home when watching football.

Babe im at Icehouse, I should be home in about 10 minutes.

I was reading the thread about people hearing rumors about Helu Jr. might being sick with H1N1

well here you go

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Nebraska coach Bo Pelini says starting running back Roy Helu Jr. should be able to play against No. 24 Missouri on Thursday night after missing practice.

Pelini said Helu wasn’t feeling well Tuesday and was sent home. Pelini said a couple other players missed practice because of academic obligations.

The coach said the 21st-ranked Huskers “got a lot done” and were “pretty sharp” during their final major practice before their Big 12 opener in Columbia, Mo

Yep, and Zac Lee just had a stinger..........

"He's fine, he's not hurt."

Broken finger equals not hurt and fine with a stinger. We should all just believe what Bo says about injuries. :sarcasm Don't have a problem with him playing it close to the vest, but don't put stock in that to make yourself feel better. Won't believe it until I see him on the field, as others have stated.

well here you go

Yep, and Zac Lee just had a stinger..........

"He's fine, he's not hurt."

Broken finger equals not hurt and fine with a stinger. We should all just believe what Bo says about injuries. :sarcasm Don't have a problem with him playing it close to the vest, but don't put stock in that to make yourself feel better. Won't believe it until I see him on the field, as others have stated.

Not sure I ever saw that report. I do remember Bo saying he didn't think the injury would affect Zac's playing status and it didn't, the ULL game disproved the nasty rumors.

A lot of guys have had great games while sick with "flu like symptoms". Something about Favre comes to mind, but I don't have anything to back that up. Maybe a running back with the Giants. I'm backing myself into a corner, aren't I?

And if Roy can't go, then maybe it's time for a Rex Burkhead coming out party.

I'm not concerned.

:dumdum