Let ESPN and all the media hype Missouri

Twodocs

I caught the show on ESPN with Tommy Tuberville, the other guy that looks like the father from the Incredibles movie(Blackledge I think) and the 15 year old kid that hosts the show. They were doing their 'picks' for this week and Tuberville was saying how he loves what Bo is doing with the defense but then picked Missouri, then the other 2 knuckleheads starting talking about Gabbert and then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What will be funny is when we win by 17, these same goofballs will have to eat crow.

GBR

I caught the show on ESPN with Tommy Tuberville, the other guy that looks like the father from the Incredibles movie(Blackledge I think) and the 15 year old kid that hosts the show. They were doing their 'picks' for this week and Tuberville was saying how he loves what Bo is doing with the defense but then picked Missouri, then the other 2 knuckleheads starting talking about Gabbert and then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What will be funny is when we win by 17, these same goofballs will have to eat crow.

GBR

Or when you lose 3/4 of this board will...

You cant get too worked up because someone picked against your team man. I know my team pretty well. I am NOT surprised they are 4-0. I am NOT surprised that Alexander is a good as he is and the Perry is solid. Everyone and their momma was talking trash on my team before the season. Hell some are still running their mouths. You just carry on and smile when you know you are right

GBR

...blow up and I will have to restrain myself from logging in.

Man can they just play the game already, tomorrow will be a long day...waiting for the 8pm kickoff

That's why I never make predictions, talk smack, or speak in absolutes. Crow tastes crappy. My job doesn't depend on it, so I just keep my mouth shut. If the Huskers lose, I do have to stay away from the board for awhile because the people on suicide watch get on my nerves big time, but my absence will never be because my mouth wrote a check I couldn't cash.

Exactly. I don't gamble for the same reasons. I would hate to lose my money on something I don't control, just like I would hate to be called on predictions I made that didn't come true.

GBR

...blow up and I will have to restrain myself from logging in.

Man can they just play the game already, tomorrow will be a long day...waiting for the 8pm kickoff

Thankfully, I have two Cardinals games in between to eat up some of the dead time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sports day; Blues home opener is tomorrow, too.

I can understand you getting ticked. I always do when the "experts" pick against my teams -- Tigers, Cards, Rams, Blues. But you have to admit... I think may of them are going off what's transpired over the last few years.

How can an expert pick against the Rams?? :facepalm: Too bad they are my team too.. Cards on the other hand need to lose to my Dodgers. Thursday could be a really bad day for you when Nebraska and the Dodgers win.. Atleast hopefully Nebraska!! Go Big Red

I can understand you getting ticked. I always do when the "experts" pick against my teams -- Tigers, Cards, Rams, Blues. But you have to admit... I think may of them are going off what's transpired over the last few years.

How can an expert pick against the Rams?? :facepalm: Too bad they are my team too.. Cards on the other hand need to lose to my Dodgers. Thursday could be a really bad day for you when Nebraska and the Dodgers win.. Atleast hopefully Nebraska!! Go Big Red

Ha! Hey, man! The glory days of the Greatest Show was some of the most fun I've ever had! And I remember getting pissed when people would criticize those teams.

And at least you're a Dodgers fan... not a damn Cubs fan, like it seems many Nebraskans are. Although, don't take it too personally when we take care of you (yet again) in the playoffs. ;) Too much Carpenter. Too much Wainwright. Too much Pujols.

And at least you're a Dodgers fan... not a damn Cubs fan, like it seems many Nebraskans are. Although, don't take it too personally when we take care of you (yet again) in the playoffs. ;) Too much Carpenter. Too much Wainwright. Too much Pujols.

You know how you Cardinals fans feel about Cubs fans? All the division titles you've won, all the World Series, and the Cubs have won... nada?

That feeling you get when Cubs fans try to pump up their team as relevant is the same feeling Husker fans get when Missouri does the same kind of boasting. You will never see me say the Cubs are better than the Cards at anything. We're not. We suck, and a few recent years of above-average play doesn't obviate that.

Maybe that helps with the perspective thing. :dunno

Since we're on the topic of our favorite pro teams, I'm going to say that it's going to be a couple of long days here because my Astros are going to be doing exactly what I'm doing during the playoffs, sitting home and watching it on TV. And the Cowboys suck. And before I take too much grief for being a Cowboys fan, I've been a Cowboys fan since Tom Landry was a young man. I was going to say, since Tom Landry had hair, but even I don't remember back that far.