Let ESPN and all the media hype Missouri

Twodocs

knapp difference is that MU has been the class of the north last two yrs, beat the No 1 team in the land and was No 1 themselves, I know two whole weeks and played for the chance to be in NC game. That is being relevant.

as for making predictions or gambling I don't do either. I have an idea how the game could play out but much will be determined by how each staff approaches game, who dominates lineplay, weather, so everthing one thinks could go right out the window.

Have to take my dad to atlanta for a wedding have to leave thursday afternoon, so I will miss all the fun live, will dvr for dissection later of course but the game will play out and we all will have more answers about our teams.

Will be fun. Next week several outstanding big 12 games including yours against TT and MU's at OKS, of course red river rivalry shootout will be very interesting. Love college football and the b12!

Looks like Bo and Carl learned their lesson from last yrs shooting off their mouth about mystery d. it's better when both teams respect the other and let the game stand on it's own. Part of maturing as a HC, good to see. Now if only big mouth Lane K would learn some humility.

And at least you're a Dodgers fan... not a damn Cubs fan, like it seems many Nebraskans are. Although, don't take it too personally when we take care of you (yet again) in the playoffs. ;) Too much Carpenter. Too much Wainwright. Too much Pujols.

You know how you Cardinals fans feel about Cubs fans? All the division titles you've won, all the World Series, and the Cubs have won... nada?

That feeling you get when Cubs fans try to pump up their team as relevant is the same feeling Husker fans get when Missouri does the same kind of boasting. You will never see me say the Cubs are better than the Cards at anything. We're not. We suck, and a few recent years of above-average play doesn't obviate that.

Maybe that helps with the perspective thing. :dunno

Oh, I get it. In terms of history, MU has a loooooong way to go before ever getting close to NU's tradition. I fully admit that going on the stadium tour in Lincoln was extremely cool. And you all should be very proud of it, which I know you are. It's very much the same way I am of my Cards. I can't tell you how many people compare going to a Cardinals game like watching an NU game. Polite, knowledgable fans who make up a sea of red.

All that good stuff aside, I still hate the Cubs. It was bred in my DNA. And I fully admit; they've had some stretches where they've been better... it sucks, especially considering I have many Cub fan friends. But we never argue history... Just the now.

Relating that to college football, you'll never see me argue our two programs. I would be an idiot to do that. However, I do feel we have the better program (AT THIS MOMENT). Things can quickly change. It looks like Bo's doing a good job of steering the ship in teh right direction.

knapp difference is that MU has been the class of the north last two yrs, beat the No 1 team in the land and was No 1 themselves, I know two whole weeks and played for the chance to be in NC game. That is being relevant.

The Cubs have done the same, though. And how relevant are they, really?

The Cubs are very relevant. They've been competing for the division every year for more than a decade now.

The Cubs are very relevant. They've been competing for the division every year for more than a decade now.

Are they as relevant as the Cardinals? That's the point. We're comparing Huskers:Tigers and contrasting that with Cardinals:Cubs. I bleed Cubbie Blue and all, and I recognize the Cards as our "rivals," but in a realistic discussion of relevance, the Cubs aren't on the same page as the Cardinals. How many Central titles have the Cards won this decade? How many World Series titles? It's not even comparable.

Are they as relevant as the Cardinals? That's the point. We're comparing Huskers:Tigers and contrasting that with Cardinals:Cubs. I bleed Cubbie Blue and all, and I recognize the Cards as our "rivals," but in a realistic discussion of relevance, the Cubs aren't on the same page as the Cardinals. How many Central titles have the Cards won this decade? How many World Series titles? It's not even comparable.

You and I have two very different definitions of relevant. Relevance to me means current competitiveness. Either way, it's a moot argument.

I caught the show on ESPN with Tommy Tuberville, the other guy that looks like the father from the Incredibles movie(Blackledge I think) and the 15 year old kid that hosts the show. They were doing their 'picks' for this week and Tuberville was saying how he loves what Bo is doing with the defense but then picked Missouri, then the other 2 knuckleheads starting talking about Gabbert and then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What will be funny is when we win by 17, these same goofballs will have to eat crow.

GBR

Or when you lose 3/4 of this board will...

...blow up and I will have to restrain myself from logging in.

Man can they just play the game already, tomorrow will be a long day...waiting for the 8pm kickoff

Thankfully, I have two Cardinals games in between to eat up some of the dead time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sports day; Blues home opener is tomorrow, too.

I still can't believe the Blues took both games in Sweden from my Wings. I'm still gonna blame it on the Jet lag... :dunno:blink:

I caught the show on ESPN with Tommy Tuberville, the other guy that looks like the father from the Incredibles movie(Blackledge I think) and the 15 year old kid that hosts the show. They were doing their 'picks' for this week and Tuberville was saying how he loves what Bo is doing with the defense but then picked Missouri, then the other 2 knuckleheads starting talking about Gabbert and then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What will be funny is when we win by 17, these same goofballs will have to eat crow.

GBR

Man can they just play the game already, tomorrow will be a long day...waiting for the 8pm kickoff

Thankfully, I have two Cardinals games in between to eat up some of the dead time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sports day; Blues home opener is tomorrow, too.

I still can't believe the Blues took both games in Sweden from my Wings. I'm still gonna blame it on the Jet lag... :dunno:blink:

GBR

The new ownership has done an incredible job rebuilding this Blues team. I don't think they're a cup contender yet, but in a few years, when these youngsters mature a bit, they'll be dangerous.

GBR

The new ownership has done an incredible job rebuilding this Blues team. I don't think they're a cup contender yet, but in a few years, when these youngsters mature a bit, they'll be dangerous.

Oh, I would definitely believe that. Going from the laughing stock of the NHL a few years ago to what they are doing last year and appear to be doing at the beginning of this year, they're far from the bottom.

Anyway... sorry for derailing the topic :dumdum

Since we're on the topic of our favorite pro teams, I'm going to say that it's going to be a couple of long days here because my Astros are going to be doing exactly what I'm doing during the playoffs, sitting home and watching it on TV. And the Cowboys suck. And before I take too much grief for being a Cowboys fan, I've been a Cowboys fan since Tom Landry was a young man. I was going to say, since Tom Landry had hair, but even I don't remember back that far.

hey it could be worse...... I am a mets and chiefs fan

GBR

...yep.. I usually make sure I have plans for after those games. Otherwise I'll hate myself for logging in and POURING GASOLINE ON THE FIRE!