Let ESPN and all the media hype Missouri

Twodocs

That's why I never make predictions, talk smack, or speak in absolutes. Crow tastes crappy. My job doesn't depend on it, so I just keep my mouth shut. If the Huskers lose, I do have to stay away from the board for awhile because the people on suicide watch get on my nerves big time, but my absence will never be because my mouth wrote a check I couldn't cash.

Exactly. I don't gamble for the same reasons. I would hate to lose my money on something I don't control, just like I would hate to be called on predictions I made that didn't come true.

:wtf In another thread I thought you mentioned having a wife.

That's why I never make predictions, talk smack, or speak in absolutes. Crow tastes crappy. My job doesn't depend on it, so I just keep my mouth shut. If the Huskers lose, I do have to stay away from the board for awhile because the people on suicide watch get on my nerves big time, but my absence will never be because my mouth wrote a check I couldn't cash.

Exactly. I don't gamble for the same reasons. I would hate to lose my money on something I don't control, just like I would hate to be called on predictions I made that didn't come true.

In another thread I thought you mentioned having a wife.

Funny.

I don't think Nebraska is the "underdog" in this game. They look to have the better defense and a solid running game. The point spread I believe is in your favor. The keys I believe for Nebraska are:

- Get Rex Going: If he gets big runs early in the game and so does Helu (which is expected), Nebraska will be able to control TOP because Missouri can't just focus on stopping Helu.

- The secondary needs to play bump and run coverage: Now everytime I watch Missouri, its a timed offense. The Quarterbacks know exactly where every receiver should be and thats what makes them so successful. If the Cornhuskers' secondary hit them in the mouth at the LOS, that screws up the timing and gives the Huskers an advantage.

Missouri's Keys:

- The line must be stronger: Derrick Washington is a great back. he is a top 4 running back in the Big 12....when he gets his blocking. The zone read plays that are run by Missouri just aren't developing correctly this year and against Nebraska isn't going to work. Pinkel said they have worked out the kinks but we will see how well tomorrow.

- Gabbert must come into his own: If Gabbert has another great game, he will shoot up the Heisman charts and be called better than Chase Daniel. He hasn't thrown a pick yet but the competition hasn't been great. I mean even Jimmy Clausen is getting a ton of Heisman Hype. So Gabbert is getting a lot of hype but he has to live up to that hype to show that he and the Missouri Tigers are for real.

Its going to be a great game for the Big 12 North and hopefully both teams play well because the Big 12 North has the spotlight, time to shine!!!

I totally agree. I hate making a bold statement and then feeling like a dumbass when my statement turns out to be false. Like during the VTech game, I told people that NE would win 27-16. I honestly believed we were the better team based on all my research. I felt our D would hold them to 16 points and that we would be in the red zone all day long. Didnt work out for me and I paid for that one. So, Im not going to say anything about the Missouri game. Not even a prediction like we are going to keep them under 10 points or that we are going to score at least 35. Nope, Im not falling into that trap. Im not even going to predict 8 sacks or under 300 yards for MO. And you will not hear me say that Helu will rush for over 150. I am not going to do anything. Im just going to be quiet and enjoy the game. Win or lose I just will enjoy it when NE wins 35-10

Thankfully, I have two Cardinals games in between to eat up some of the dead time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sports day; Blues home opener is tomorrow, too.

Dude, you hit it on the head.

Some (not all) don't know what it's like to have more than just Husker football going.

Cardinals in the playoffs

Blues started the season in Sweden with two wins and come home for the home opener.

Mizzou totally demolishing the Huskers...

All in the same night.

I have some of my fellow St. Louis buddies coming over to my Omaha crib and its going to be one hella sports night.

Thankfully, I have two Cardinals games in between to eat up some of the dead time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sports day; Blues home opener is tomorrow, too.

Dude, you hit it on the head.

Some (not all) don't know what it's like to have more than just Husker football going.

Cardinals in the playoffs

Blues started the season in Sweden with two wins and come home for the home opener.

Mizzou totally demolishing the Huskers...

All in the same night.

I have some of my fellow St. Louis buddies coming over to my Omaha crib and its going to be one hella sports night.

What they need is something where people who dont live in Mizzo could maybe watch those baseball games or hockey games somehow, man, if only they would invent something like that, then us losers in Nebraska would know what its like to have something else to follow.

Do you feel kinda lame now? I bet you do.

The Cubs are very relevant. They've been competing for the division every year for more than a decade now.

LOL....spoken like a true Missouri fan who thinks that they actually matter in the big picture of things.

Just like the Cubs, they know how to make a little bit of noise, but when it comes down to it-Naw, they are just another also ran.

And at least you're a Dodgers fan... not a damn Cubs fan, like it seems many Nebraskans are. Although, don't take it too personally when we take care of you (yet again) in the playoffs. ;) Too much Carpenter. Too much Wainwright. Too much Pujols.

You know how you Cardinals fans feel about Cubs fans? All the division titles you've won, all the World Series, and the Cubs have won... nada?

That feeling you get when Cubs fans try to pump up their team as relevant is the same feeling Husker fans get when Missouri does the same kind of boasting. You will never see me say the Cubs are better than the Cards at anything. We're not. We suck, and a few recent years of above-average play doesn't obviate that.

Maybe that helps with the perspective thing. :dunno

I know both. Huge Cardinals fans, I despise the Cubs, just like Im a HUGE husker fan, I despise Missouri..and Colorado...and so on....

What they need is something where people who dont live in Mizzo could maybe watch those baseball games or hockey games somehow, man, if only they would invent something like that, then us losers in Nebraska would know what its like to have something else to follow.

What the flip are you talking about?

Lame?

For what?

I'm talking about a hometown sport.

Living in Omaha and following....let's say....the NY Mets.

Not the same level of passion if it's not in your hometown/state.

You Husker fans have an inferiority complex all of the sudden.

Every time a new thought....

LOL

a stream of consciousness or crap...

Depending on what side of the fence you're on

To me it's all worthy of conversation. TD posts some good stuff. But it's always in a new thread.

It's funny I seem to be the only person who has noticed that. :)

What will be funny is when we win by 17, these same goofballs will have to eat crow.

GBR

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

why would they "eat crow"?

just because they don't agree with husker fan??

intolerant much?

it's just their opinion and their job to give it, and believe it or not, the outcome of ANY particular game is not their reason for living.

their opinions are wrong about as often as they are right.

fans "eat crow". Not pundits.

It's just a job. :dumdum

another worthless opinion:

24-10

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

What the flip are you talking about?

Lame?

For what?

I'm talking about a hometown sport.

Living in Omaha and following....let's say....the NY Mets.

Not the same level of passion if it's not in your hometown/state.

You Husker fans have an inferiority complex all of the sudden.

You got served hard core and you know it, hence the flip out now. I grew up for 18 years in IL and guess what I like the skers. Under your logic, thats "umpossible" to quote Ralph Wiggum.

You feel lame, its not a big deal, there might be a time when you turn around and get me on a post but its just not on your last one.

Gosh, what would a person do who grew up in a state that had two football teams or two basketball teams or two baseball teams, how would that person ever be ablt to have the same level of passion for all those homestate teams.

See, the reason you old people had this "passion" for your hometown team is because back in the "good old days" you pretty much only got coverage of that team but now its not like that so people all over love teams from all over. I dont really have to explain this do i?

NEXT