Congrats Husker Nation

First of all, I live in Missouri. It's a great state, I just happen to be a faithful Husker fan. Winning this game obviously had some extra sweetness because of that.

Secondly, I know many classy Missouri fans and I live with in the midst of them. There's nobs that can certainly be found on both sides, but the number of Missouri classy fans outnumber the nobs by far.

Thirdly, I thought the elements would work to our advantage and Missouri looked much more comfortable in the muck then we did.

Fourthly, Blaine Gabbert showed some real guts. I think he proved that he's got some real heart to back up his talent. Would Missouri have won had he not been injured? I don't know, but he made some amazing throws for playing on nearly one leg. The call to have him take it in before the half was a great call. I'm not really much of a Pinkel fan (and my Missouri friends are not either) but nobody saw that coming (which I guess makes it a good call).

Fifthly, about midway through the third quarter I was resigned that we would likely lose. Sure, we could make stops on defense, but I honestly didn't know how we would score. Ironically, a couple of plays turned the game and our defense certainly did contribute to that.

Sixthly, there were a bunch of stupid penalties by both teams.

Seventhly, after seeing how Missouri played against previous opponents, I didn't expect Missouri to perform as well as they did.

Eighthly, I don't understand why Zac Lee didn't run when it looked like he had the opportunity to pick up five yards or more. Along with that, I don't understand why he called an audible on nearly every single play.

Ninethly, I think the nation was able to see a quality football game that gave a little bit of everything–hype, weather, bonehead plays, great plays, passion, sorrow, joy, amazing athletes, good coaching, etc.

Tenthly, I love college football and in particular, Nebraska. Good luck to Missouri the rest of the way.

P.S. I really don't care for the ESPN commentator's regardless of which team you were rooting for. Actually I like Erin Andrews for obvious reasons.

A pretty poor played game by both offenses is what we'll hear tomorrow. Last year the Big 12 had no defense. Now they'll be saying we have no offense. Isn't that what we heard. I wasn't surprised at how the Huskers shut down the Tigers but I was impressed by MU's defense. Good luck the rest of the year but "It aint over till it's over". The Huskers have some huge issues at the qb position and at some of the play calls.

#1 Is it high def tv, or was it really raining that hard the entire game

#2 Were there as many flags on both sides as I think there were?

#3 What's with these coaches leaving hurt players in?

Knowing what we found out about Lee's injury after the VT game, I think we could have won it if Green was given a shot-and I also think Mizzou would have had a shot at holding on if they took out an obviously gimpy Gabbert.

That 4th Q had to have sucked-Neb looked like total sh#t up until then. I was ready to puke at the half.

Good luck the rest of the year-you have a lot more class than the masses at TiggerBoard.

#1 Is it high def tv, or was it really raining that hard the entire game

#2 Were there as many flags on both sides as I think there were?

#3 What's with these coaches leaving hurt players in?

Knowing what we found out about Lee's injury after the VT game, I think we could have won it if Green was given a shot-and I also think Mizzou would have had a shot at holding on if they took out an obviously gimpy Gabbert.

That 4th Q had to have sucked-Neb looked like total sh#t up until then. I was ready to puke at the half.

Good luck the rest of the year-you have a lot more class than the masses at TiggerBoard.

To be honest i didn't think we could come back me and my friends said here we go. But then came the fourth quarter. I'm glad we didn't give up at all.

Thanks, TrueMizzou. By the end of the 3rd qrtr I was already thinking how I needed to show class and congratulate Mizzou.

I've definitely gained a knew level of respect for the Mizzou program this year. I expected now that all the "good" seniors were gone that this team would fall back to fighting for a bowl. I was wrong this is a good team.

Also, its hard for me as a Husker fan to further buy into any "ESPN hates us!" banter. That had to be awfully annoying having to listen to how great Suh and the Husker D is while Mizzou held a 12-0 lead. Even though NU's D did have a great game, I was a bit embarrased by the love considering the score.

As much as this loss sucks for Mizzou, I think they'll be fine considering outside expectations. Had NU lost, it would have been devastating from a national perspective. I dont know. Maybe that makes you feel worse (j/k).