the thing this team is missing

is a stud WR. I think lee will mature into a competent QB, but he really needs a consistent target. I would really like to see the staff focus on a WR in recruiting and go all out after him. have a coach at every game..... whatever needs to be done(within the rules) to get him here

How about developing the ones we already have?

Don't give up on this season already.

yup, been thinking this since the transition from the option offense. Mo was pretty big time, but still wasn't at that next level.

It's nice having big, strong WR's that block downfield for our RB's... but sometimes that means sacrificing some speed and agility out there. In a perfect world we would have a do it all guy, but those are hard to find.

I am not a green guy--but I was at the game on Thursday, and it was clear to everyone in the stadium that what we need is a QB who can put the ball where the players can catch it. Lee seems like a nice guy, and I think we keep starting him, but the best/fastest WR in the world would have made no difference on 90% of the incomplete passes this week. (yes, I know it was raining etc.)

I agree, we need a Briscoe, Crabtree or a Bryant caliber receiver. If these schools can get them surely we can...right??

At least all our receivers are academically eligible.

Wrong one... Briscoe was the one that was academically ineligible.... Bryant is ineligible for lying to the NCAA....

And we'll get one eventually.. We gotta keep winning before we get the big time wide out to commit.. We have one looking at us in White, not that he commits, but getting them interested is the most important part.

But there were quite a few "dropped" balls also..balls that should be caught.. sure the weather affected it and some of Lee's passes were way off, but I can remember from my seat seeing balls that should of been caught.. so it's hard to say that "the best" wide receivers wouldnt have made a difference on 90% of the incompletions... i'd say about 50..

is a stud WR. I think lee will mature into a competent QB, but he really needs a consistent target. I would really like to see the staff focus on a WR in recruiting and go all out after him. have a coach at every game..... whatever needs to be done(within the rules) to get him here

How about developing the ones we already have?

Don't give up on this season already.

oh i'm not by any means. but when you are recruiting you try to improve your team, and right now that is what the team is lacking

I am not a green guy--but I was at the game on Thursday, and it was clear to everyone in the stadium that what we need is a QB who can put the ball where the players can catch it. Lee seems like a nice guy, and I think we keep starting him, but the best/fastest WR in the world would have made no difference on 90% of the incomplete passes this week. (yes, I know it was raining etc.)

i dont think payton manning could have played well in that game.

i dunno...i like lee, and truely believe he should be starting ahead of green, but all those smiles and eyebrow tosses that some took as confidence and passion, i take as false bravado from someone that might feel like they are in a little over their head. the camera catching stuff like that so often, is just, well, awkward to me. unsettling.

and i think one of my favorite lines was shatels postgame column..."...a quarterback that couldnt hit the broadside of a Knob Noster, Mo., barn."