ESPN Heisman Voting Poll

I posted the following to ESPN, but I don't expect a response. I think we should plug up Tim Griffin's mailbag and everyone else's at ESPN until they answer the questions.

quote:

Edit Message

1. What is ESPN's justification and official position for adding and removing players from the Heisman voting list while voting is taking place?

2. If ESPN desires that fans choose a Heisman winner, why are there only a handful of "worthy" candidates listed on the ballot?

3. Who determines the candidates worthiness, and is this done on a weekly basis?

4. Why is the Heisman Voting List in its current order versus being in alphabetical order by player name?

5. If ESPN is operating in good faith by offering fans a chance to determine their Heisman choice on its ballot, why did it remove the candidate with the most fan votes on each day of its poll from the ballot?

6. Are the aforementioned actions an attempt by ESPN to manipulate poll data to sway voters to a particular candidate or achieve a pre-determined outcome?

Please advise.

end quote

Very well stated and polite, those questions should be answered. It is BS that the top vote getter is now off the list completely.

Thanks. I think that is just being fair to everybody. After all, it was supposed to be the fans choice, so let the fans have their choice with everyone being listed equally top to bottom in alphabetical order.

ya, i just don't get it. the man has almost 40,000 more votes than Tebow at #2. (who, by the way, has been getting more votes recently). i am outraged. :steam

Here is the problem:

"* Only those candidates with a legitimate chance of winning the Heisman Trophy in the view of ESPN and Nissan will be added to the leaderboard."

That is an exceedingly weak explanation by ESPN & Nissan. First, that's only relative to the Leaderboard, not the initial vote panel. Second, there is NO WAY Kellen Moore or Case Keenum or Tony Pike are going to win this award. None. Leaving them up there while taking Suh down is a farce.