JUCO S Ashley Palmer

Per Rivals, Palmer to UW is NOT a done deal.

He's taking finals this week, and should find out next week if he passes and gets his AA.

If he does pass, he'll be eligible to enroll at UW immediately and take part in spring ball.

That being said, his CC coach says it's not a done deal that Palmer will enroll at UW if he passes. He says it's still 50/50 between UW and Nebraska, and that Palmer feels a real sense of loyalty to Coach Blake. However, Momma Palmer may want him to go to UW, presumably because he'd be closer to home.

Sounds like Palmer is really torn, so we can't fault him for being conflicted. He really wants to get on the field, even if for spring ball.

It's probably a long shot, but let's keep our fingers crossed!!

Imagine a D-Backfield with Jones, Bowman, Palmer and T. Green or Thenarse!!

:bounce:bounce:bounce

i think this is one of those situations where some folks may regret "telling him off" even if its only on message boards he may never read. Personally I don't blame the kid for wanting to get on the field. Whether he "chooses" the Huskies or Huskers, good luck to him.

Extra luck though if he chooses the Huskers of course ;)

2nd that KansasHusker. that's why i don't really get why he's seemingly getting knocked by some.

from what i gather from reading posts from those with the info on this and other boards is that he wanted/still wants to be a Husker but also wanted on the field. he couldn't enroll at NU, apparently was told that he could get in sooner at UW and signed there.

sounds a bit like a desparation move that just wasn't thought out very well or maybe he received some bad info.

if its true that the guy still wants to be a Husker, I hope he finds his way N. if not, again, good luck him anyway.

I have to really question the fact that he wants to be a Husker. If you are 18 or above you are a grown man. I know it doesn't always work out this way but you have to stand up for yourself if you really want something.

I think I smell an excuse from Mr. Palmer. I know that some parents are controlling(see JF). I think it has less to do with MAMA and more to do with spring ball. Just my opinion.

I think it has less to do with MAMA and more to do with spring ball. Just my opinion.

:yeah

I'd have to agree. I think that if he can't play spring ball at either place, there is a better chance he may end up here. But who knows with this guy? I think the only thing this scenario proves is the ineptitude of community college academic advisors. :lol:

I am saying this as if I was the one making the decision....BUT....I personally would rather wait a couple months and go to a team that is much more prepared to win NOW, plus still have a good shot of starting rather then going to a school were the football team kind of sucks but have a good shot of starting...This seems like a no brainer to me, but who am i....don't answer that.. :bat