Texas Tech game will leave no excuses for Lee

Zerotide

It's unfortunate that anyone asking for Green to get quality playing time is automatically bunched in with the "Cody Green is god" group. At this point, wanting Cody Green to be a viable option has nothing to do with Cody Green being a great performer, and everything to do with Lee being an awful performer. I give credit to Lee for hanging in there on Thursday, but the fact is that his overall performance was terrible. He made a good throw to a wide-open Paul for the first TD. The second TD he telegraphed his pass the ENTIRE way, and Paul went up and made a nice grab. The safety was in great position and played it horribly. The third TD was more of a great call by Watson than a great play by Lee.

It is what it is. Lee has not performed against either of our real opponents this season. He needs to step up.

You had me until this line. Lee was getting hit when he made that throw, still made a perfect toss to #44. McNeil was getting held by a MU D-Lineman and didn't release on time, Lee had to buy time and make a throw at the last minute when McNeil was finally free. Great call by Watson, but Lee's patience and play made that call a success.

Some of us are not "Green Fans" or really Lee critics. I personally just dont' see this offense as very good at this point. I believe Misery's stupidity at the end of the game rather than our offense was what got the W last week. I still think before the season is out that Green will be the starter.

So far against any kind of competition Lee has proved me right as far as having little confidence in our offense with Lee at the helm. Thank goodness we are 1-1 rather than 0-2 as I think all Husker fans assumed going into the 4th quarter last Thur. Now we can't depend on the opp's QB throwing us 3 INTs to save our a** and being in a hurry to do so every week in conference. We never drove the field for a TD against MU or VT. I have serious doubts that we can defeat TT unless Suh and company can shut em down.

At some point if Lee isn't getting it done Green deserves a shot---the defense deserves a shot. If we can't be the pass first offense Watson, let's try something else.

Completely agree.

My point was that if Lee does not step up and perform on Saturday AT HOME, there really isn't any excuse left. I would think if he doesn't show up to play a complete football game on Saturday it would be time to seriously look at giving someone else a shot.

Also... give Helu the rock more! We have one of the best backs in the conference and he was so underused against Miz last week. I think it would take alot of pressure off Lee.

If you really believe Lee didn't play well your crazy, how many picks did he throw 0. How many points did he score 21. Lee will start the entire season unless there is an injury. How many games has Lee lost because of his mistake 0. So if we would have had Gabbert here you saw what would have happened. Your argument will be that Cody would have started over him, but Cody wouldn't be here. You haters are ridiculous, the kid is still gaining experience and he makes freakin plays! Green hit Paul on a 50 yard bomb in the rain down 12 as a freshman, I guessing no. Plus Lee fires his teammates up they follow him. Lee hasn't need to make excuses because he is the man, so shut it! You need an excuse for making a dumb post.

:rant

If you really believe Lee didn't play well your crazy, how many picks did he throw 0. Lee will start the entire season unless there is an injury. How many games has Lee lost because of his mistake 0. So if we would have had Gabbert here you saw what would have happened. Your argument will be that Cody would have started over him, but Cody wouldn't be here. You haters are ridiculous, the kid is still gaining experience and he makes freakin plays! Green hit Paul on a 50 yard bomb in the rain down 12 as a freshman, I guessing no. Plus Lee fires his teammates up they follow him. Lee hasn't need to make excuses because he is the man, so shut it! You need an excuse for making a dumb post.

Sorry, no one can honestly say Lee played well against Missouri. If your only criteria to play "well" is to throw zero interceptions I can guarantee you that I could play well for Nebraska. I'd just make sure to throw it into the dirt every time. Lee has completed about 33% of his passes against decent competition. That is not good play by any stretch of imagination.

And for the record, I am not a "hater." I guess I just expect a little more than you do.

Also, I realize poor grammar is expected on message boards . . . but wow. You sound like a 5th grader.

I've tried to and have defended Lee as far as I am going to. Any other player playing at that poor a level has been yanked and replaced so far this year. Lee may be able to manage the offense and get them in the right plays but as a major threat that an opposing team has to game plan around...... you do the math. There are probably at the very least 3 backup qb's in the league that are better than Lee and the possibility exists that a forth may be a teamate. He's not a Joey Ganz or a Zach Taylor. He has had the benefit of the doubt in the games that he has struggled in so far. But there comes a time that if he can't get the job done it's time to try something else. The biggest disappointment of the season so far? Lee's performance against BCS teams. He'll never be confused with Ganz and it's only a matter of time before Green overtakes him anyways. That's just my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong.

Like cscott and carlfense, I've been taking my turn driving the Lee bandwagon. But as much as we all want to support Lee, for what he was asked to do against Missouri, he had a bad game. You can blame some of those throws on the weather and some more on the WRs dropping balls, but the majority of those incompletions were on Lee.

Listen - we've fired coaches for performing better than this. Lee must improve. I'm still patient with him, but I've moved closer to the "let's give the freshman phenom a shot" camp than I was in August. And that's not because of what Green has done, it's because of what Lee hasn't done.

It's time for him to show us that confident guy we heard so much about in Spring and Summer camp. Maybe that bravado we saw after those TDs at Missouri was Lee finally becoming that guy. But if it isn't, and he starts flat again at home, we've got problems.

Like cscott and carlfense, I've been taking my turn driving the Lee bandwagon. But as much as we all want to support Lee, for what he was asked to do against Missouri, he had a bad game. You can blame some of those throws on the weather and some more on the WRs dropping balls, but the majority of those incompletions were on Lee.

Listen - we've fired coaches for performing better than this. Lee must improve. I'm still patient with him, but I've moved closer to the "let's give the freshman phenom a shot" camp than I was in August. And that's not because of what Green has done, it's because of what Lee hasn't done.

It's time for him to show us that confident guy we heard so much about in Spring and Summer camp. Maybe that bravado we saw after those TDs at Missouri was Lee finally becoming that guy. But if it isn't, and he starts flat again at home, we've got problems.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm also still behind Lee . . . but he MUST improve. If he doesn't soon, we need a change.

Ok, some are saying Lee had a bad game at Mizzou, but we won right? I honestly think if Green would have played at Mizzou it would have been a total disaster and we lose. At this time, I take the lesser of two evils, are offense as a whole is not that good, the O line needs to seriously step their game or it does not matter who is under center. Look at our running game, we should have ran all over Mizzou but our O line got flat out beat up for 3 qtrs. I for one will stand behind Lee, he will get better, just as the rest of the team will as the season progresses. This panic mode needs to stop, if everyone thinks Green will do so much better, we will be in for a long rest of the season. Its so easy to point the finger at the QB when things don't look good when there are 10 other guys in that unit.

If you really believe Lee didn't play well your crazy, how many picks did he throw 0. How many points did he score 21. Lee will start the entire season unless there is an injury. How many games has Lee lost because of his mistake 0. So if we would have had Gabbert here you saw what would have happened. Your argument will be that Cody would have started over him, but Cody wouldn't be here. You haters are ridiculous, the kid is still gaining experience and he makes freakin plays! Green hit Paul on a 50 yard bomb in the rain down 12 as a freshman, I guessing no. Plus Lee fires his teammates up they follow him. Lee hasn't need to make excuses because he is the man, so shut it! You need an excuse for making a dumb post.

Can you honestly say that you had any confidence in the guy going into the fourth quarter? Be honest. I think 99% of us fans didn't think we had a chance in hell of winning at that point unless the D came up with a score or two. I'm not hating, I'm just wondering how you conclude that zero picks is a good game. I had plenty of bad games at qb and I don't think I ever threw an INT. That didn't make me good. Far from it to be honest. Most of Lee's passes couldn't be intercepted because they were so off target. I guess I am of the opinion that getting the young athletic qb in there a series or two during the game would give the opposing D a different thing to prepare for and could give our O a boost. I'm not suggesting we bench Lee, but if he has another bad game against a quality opponent I may be changing my mind.

I think 99% of us fans didn't think we had a chance in hell of winning at that point

I think 99% is a bit much. <_< I'm sure there were plenty of goofs that turned it off and gave up though because they are quitters. :wacko::moreinteresting There is always a chance until the clock says 00:00.

I said "unless the D came up with a score or two". And near as I can tell, 2 TDs were gift-wrapped for our offense because of two INTs. Sure they had to drive a whopping 30 yds between the two drives to get in the endzone ;)