SIGNED WR Quincy Enunwa

huskers1

EZ..what did you mean Quincy is just a different type of receiver than any of our current ones? Just looking at body type Quincy is listed at 6'2 205. Thats pretty comparable to Niles (6'1, 220), Kinnie (6'3, 225), Cooper (6'2, 195). In my eyes, just from watching his film from high school he reminds me a lot of Niles and can even see comparisons to Kinnie. Seems to have a pretty large frame and I can see him being up to 220 lbs by next season.

EZ..what did you mean Quincy is just a different type of receiver than any of our current ones? Just looking at body type Quincy is listed at 6'2 205. Thats pretty comparable to Niles (6'1, 220), Kinnie (6'3, 225), Cooper (6'2, 195). In my eyes, just from watching his film from high school he reminds me a lot of Niles and can even see comparisons to Kinnie. Seems to have a pretty large frame and I can see him being up to 220 lbs by next season.

I can see what you are saying about their bodies being built simular. But in my eyes he is much different than Niles Paul. One example that I would give for that is that Niles tends to look at the field before he catches the ball, especially when he goes across the middle. One perfect example of that would be the ball he caught last year against CU in the 3/4 quarter. He caught it and could have got to the endzone but chose to slide. Whereas Quincy will not do that. He does not look over the middle before he catches the ball. he just goes and makes the play and worries about everything else later. He would not slide after he caught one over the middle he will keep going. That is why I say that he is different than Niles and Branndon. I can definately see what you are saying about him in the open field though, but he is much different in his midset and his bravery going over the middle than both Kinnie and Paul were last year. Maybe Niles and Branndon will show me differently this year.

I can see what you are saying about their bodies being built simular. But in my eyes he is much different than Niles Paul. One example that I would give for that is that Niles tends to look at the field before he catches the ball, especially when he goes across the middle. One perfect example of that would be the ball he caught last year against CU in the 3/4 quarter. He caught it and could have got to the endzone but chose to slide. Whereas Quincy will not do that. He does not look over the middle before he catches the ball. he just goes and makes the play and worries about everything else later. He would not slide after he caught one over the middle he will keep going. That is why I say that he is different than Niles and Branndon. I can definately see what you are saying about him in the open field though, but he is much different in his midset and his bravery going over the middle than both Kinnie and Paul were last year. Maybe Niles and Branndon will show me differently this year.

Apples and oranges. How Niles and Brandon play against BCS conference opponents is not even remotely comparable to whatever high school competition Quincy was playing against. Either that or you're looking into the future to tell us how Quincy will play against CU or others. I know we all want these recruits to be superstars but comparing a kid who hasn't even seen the field yet to our most explosive playmaker (arguably) isn't a credible comparison.

• Fire 4

I can see what you are saying about their bodies being built simular. But in my eyes he is much different than Niles Paul. One example that I would give for that is that Niles tends to look at the field before he catches the ball, especially when he goes across the middle. One perfect example of that would be the ball he caught last year against CU in the 3/4 quarter. He caught it and could have got to the endzone but chose to slide. Whereas Quincy will not do that. He does not look over the middle before he catches the ball, he just goes and makes the play and worries about everything else later. He would not slide after he caught one over the middle he will keep going. That is why I say that he is different than Niles and Branndon. I can definately see what you are saying about him in the open field though, but he is much different in his midset and his bravery going over the middle than both Kinnie and Paul were last year. Maybe Niles and Branndon will show me differently this year.

Apples and oranges. How Niles and Brandon play against BCS conference opponents is not even remotely comparable to whatever high school competition Quincy was playing against.

Did I ever once say that High School football was comparable? I don't believe I did. That would be completely stupid. I simply stated what I know Quincy's set of skills is like based on the film that I have seen of him, what he says about himself, what his HS coaches say about him, what recruiting analysts say about him, and watching Niles Paul and Kinnie play this past season.

Either that or you're looking into the future to tell us how Quincy will play against CU or others.

Um, no. I broke down Quincy's set of skills to tell you how they are different from Niles Paul's and Brandon Kinnie's.

I know we all want these recruits to be superstars but comparing a kid who hasn't even seen the field yet to our most explosive playmaker (arguably) isn't a credible comparison.

I agree. I know that I did compare these three but not in the sense that you are saying I did. I compared their skill sets, not the level at which they play. I would completely agree with you when you say that Niles is our best reciever and Kinnie is our number two guy. Quincy isn't even three probably not even four. What I said was that He is a different type of reciever than any other one that we have on our roster and the part of my statement that you bolded was my justification for that. I never said that he was going to come in and be better than Niles Paul or anything of the sort. To say that would be flat out stupid.

From a recruiting guru, I know that there is a very big gap between college and High School. You were not going to tell me anything that I did not know there.

I watched the replay of the Holiday Bowl this weekend (twice), and Niles looked fearless going over the middle in that game.

I did not get a chance to watch it. Over the course of the season IMO Niles did not go over the middle well. It is really not his strength IMO, whereas it is Quincy's. Not saying Quincy is better than Niles, just saying that they are different.

Over the course of the season IMO Niles did not go over the middle well. It is really not his strength IMO, whereas it is Quincy's. Not saying Quincy is better than Niles, just saying that they are different.

Alright, I get what you're saying. I still don't agree. I'm saying that the only looks of Quincy we've seen are on his high school highlights video, which wouldn't include any play where he looks bad - like not looking the ball into his hands. I just don't agree that limited collection of high school plays can be compared equally to an entire body of work from a player starting on a BCS-level college team. JMHO.

Over the course of the season IMO Niles did not go over the middle well. It is really not his strength IMO, whereas it is Quincy's. Not saying Quincy is better than Niles, just saying that they are different.

Alright, I get what you're saying. I still don't agree. I'm saying that the only looks of Quincy we've seen are on his high school highlights video, which wouldn't include any play where he looks bad - like not looking the ball into his hands. I just don't agree that limited collection of high school plays can be compared equally to an entire body of work from a player starting on a BCS-level college team. JMHO.

I see what you are saying and I apologize for being gruff earlier as well. You do have a point there about highlights not showing the complete body of work. But you got my point about Quincy being a different type of reciever than Niles. :cheers

I see what you are saying and I apologize for being gruff earlier as well. You do have a point there about highlights not showing the complete body of work. But you got my point about Quincy being a different type of reciever than Niles. :cheers

I hope you're right. I've read a few good comments coming out of fall camp about QE. We certainly could use somebody to pick up the slack behind Paul and Kinney.

And how do you have 1900 posts in less than a year? Good grief, man, how much time do you put into this board?

I hope you're right. I've read a few good comments coming out of fall camp about QE. We certainly could use somebody to pick up the slack behind Paul and Kinney.

And how do you have 1900 posts in less than a year? Good grief, man, how much time do you put into this board?

EZ-E is a college student, man. What else is he gonna do? Study? Hell no :). Anyway, he's a very solid contributor here. Glad to have you man. If nobody else is gonna say it, I will.

Also, people have been talking about Quincy as a real sleeper pick ever since he committed to us. I always had a good feeling about the kid. At first, I just thought, great, another 3 star kid, but then people really began to chatter about how high his ceiling is and how much potential he has. Let's hope he proves everybody right and becomes a freshman receiving phenom. NU needs to get some stud receiverS (plural)! We had Mo basically picking up all the slack on his own in 2006, and now Niles, but how cool would it be to have two (three with Kinnie) studs to toss the rock to at the same time? Our offensive potential shoots through the roof.

:lol: I have a lot to say :lol:

I am excited about every kid that decides to be a Husker but some more than others. QE is going to contribute early in his career at NU.

:lol: I have a lot to say :lol:

I am excited about every kid that decides to be a Husker but some more than others. QE is going to contribute early in his career at NU.

I appreciate EZ as well. BTW, whatever happened to Ohio Pete? He was a great poster too, and demon on recruiting info........