Big 12 team with the most to prove this weekend?

Which Big 12 North team has the most to prove this weekend?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kansas, by far and away, has the most to prove.

After a lackluster performance against ISU where if Arnaud had connected on his touchdown pass ISU could have won, Kansas needs to prove that they aren't just a speed bump in the road to the Big 12 title game.

So far, they've won by a touchdown against a fairly poor Southern Miss team and the won by less than a touchdown to a pretty bad ISU team. Offensively, they can score some points. Defensively, they keep giving up points. As soon as they meet a team with an above average defense and a pretty powerful offense, they are going to be in trouble.

NU, KU, MU, TX, OKS, OU, TT all have interesting situations and will be entertaining to see how it plays out. Not a lot was learned in that monsoon game, this weekends game with TT will be more of a test if the track is dry.

OKS and MU will be intriguing. Houston exposed OKS but will Mu coaches get away from trying to be balanced and attack more with the pass? How is the new, improved cowboy D doing?

OU/TX should be very good. can ku's d be effective against a bad CU offense?

Overall in the Big 12, OU has the most to prove.

If it's just the North, then Kansas would be my vote

Yeah just the north, I mean outside of OU and Texas, nobody in the South needs to prove anything. Baylor can prove they can be a bowl team this year without griffin but I doubt it. A&M proved to me that they would be a tough team and are going to a bowl this year. Okie State may need to prove it is still in the conversation in the Big 12 south against Missouri (a perceived better team than A&M). And then their is Tech, which can only prove this weekend that they are with the Big boys.

But the North this weekend has a more intriguing weekend:

-Nebraska needs to prove they are part of the elite in the Big 12 by showing up after a huge win. And to some dissenters that the game against Missouri wasn't a fluke.

- Kansas needs to prove they can get style points against bad teams and prove they can beat Nebraska with defense instead of offense.

- Missouri needs to prove they can get back into the Big 12 North race with a win over a pretty unimpressive Oklahoma State. Missouri has won in Stillwater the past 2 meetings.

-Iowa State has to win this weekend. They have played so well against K-State and Kansas and have come up short. They need to beat Baylor this weekend or they may not get to a bowl. If they win this weekend, they need to beat Colorado and then upset either A&M, Nebraska, Missouri, or Ok State to get to a bowl.

NU needs to have a solid game against Tech to keep up its momentum. I think this is a critical point not only for this season, but for the long-term outlook of the program. Win decisively for the next month, and the media hype will continue to grow. People will keep talking about Suh, recruiting will continue to pick up with all the positive media exposure, and the players will continue to gain confidence. I would hate to be Oklahoma, facing Nebraska with that kind of momentum in November.

This is a big game for NU. Win this game and they are well on their way.

I voted for ISU. 2 close conference games. I think its time to put up a win here.

I went with ISU as well. After the past two weekends of close losses they get Baylor at home. If they dont win this game then there will be no reason for them to play the rest of the year because reaching a bowl will be out of the question.