What happened to Cy

Knock it off...I'm back. The band had to play in Little Rock and then Jackson over the past 10 days and, after covering a combined 40 hours of the greatest hits of Lynard Skynard, Molley Hatchet, .38 Special, The Georgia Satellites and Black Oak Arkansas (along with all the other great southern rock bands...if you can think of any that don't have Allman in them, let me know)...I am now feeling quite retarded...Gawd, what a guy will do for money...

So, while I'm absent, I see my amazing Cyclones found yet another twisted, yet interesting, way to lose another game. Hmmm...couple of weeks ago it was a blocked PAT and they lose by one. Past week it was two missed PAT's and a botched field goal. They leave 5 points on the table and...surprise...they lose by five. But, all in all, I'm pretty impressed so...I'll impress you all too.

At this point in the year, Iowa State is actually ranked:

14th in the nation in Rushing Offense

42nd in the nation in Total Offense

1st in the nation for least sacks allowed

17th in the nation for tackles for loss allowed.

28th in the nation in Red Zone Offense

A-Robinson is the 15th leading rusher in the country (and has four 100 yard rushing games this year)

And last week against Kansas, it looked like a light went off in Arnaud's head and he got his act together (that last pass was off balance and across his body...would have been nice to complete it though). The offense is going to get better.

Defensively...well...it'll take a while BUT there are still some surprising things going on...like who is the 9th leading tackler in the nation? That's right...it's Jesse Smith, linebacker and former walk-on (he also has a classic cover shot on a SI issue where he was being hopelessly beat on a pass by some idiot Jayhawk receiver last year...but hey...how many of YOU can say you've been on the cover of SI, even if it was just to look stupid?) Smith also ranks 17th in the nation in solo tackles. Suh for Heismann...HA...Smith runs...er....jogs circles around him (he's not the most fleet of foot linebacker in the world).... <_<

Another surprising stat - ISU ranks 22nd in the nation in Red Zone Defense? Whafu? Apparently, you either beat us with long scoring strikes (a favorite method of teams everywhere) or we kick your ass :angry: Anyway it was nice to see that our linebackers finally lead the teams in tackles this year as opposed to the last century when the DB's had to do all the hitting.

With that said...Baylor is due for a thumping up in Ames tomorrow (and I will be on hand to see it up close and personal) and the rest of you will just have to wait your turn. We'll get to you...

Glad to hear from you, Cy...have a great game against those Bears tomorrow. I am rooting for all the North teams to beat on those South division teams this year like they kind of did us last year.

Can't wait to play the Cyclones...they have really gotten better this year.