Cy’s Fearless Football Predictions

Never fear…though you have not actually seen the predictions I have made over the past couple of weeks you can rest assured that every one of them was correct giving me an unbelievable success rate unmatched by so-called experts. Some interesting match-ups are on the slate for this weekend so…here are the predictions

Oklahoma vs Texas (neutral site)

Bradford is back and, even at less than 100%, he’s still a threat. The Oklahoma defense is also a threat. The biggest threat for Oklahoma this weekend however will not be Texas but Oklahoma itself. To me they seem to lack some of the intensity on both offense and defense that I have become accustom to. I guess losing to a bunch of Mormans might do that to a team but still…. Texas doesn’t seem to be playing with intensity either but, they never really do. They just screw around playing “match me” with opponents until the final seconds when somebody on the sideline realizes the game is about over and then tells McCoy to score or something. I really think this is going to be a blowout one way or another and, since I want to see Texas’ BCS Championship hopes dashed, I’m predicting the win goes to: OKLAHOMA

Texas Tech at Nebraska

Come on…do you really want to have a team leader named Potts??? If the guy’s first name would have been Chamber…now THAT would have been classic! Okay, the guy can put up big numbers but Tech can’t run and can’t really stop a determined offense (or even a kind of half-assed on…ie Houston) and Potts seems to have a love of throwing the ball to the other team. Real flashy type of team without a lot to show for it besides a bunch of individual stats. Nebraska is the opposite…vanilla offense, workman-like defense. Shaping up to be a real blue collar team. But when you have a choice between a bunch of show off executives and lunch-box toting steel workers, who would you rather have on your side in a fight. I’m predicting the win goes to: NEBRASKA

Missouri at Oklahoma State

Let’s see….Gabbert can’t throw under pressure…check. Missouri’s offense can’t deal with inclement weather conditions…check. Missouri has no running game….check. Don’t feel bad though because Missouri does lead the Big 12 in one statistic…net punting yards. Okie State is still a good team who can run and throw the ball…their only loss coming to that damn Houston team that seems to thrive on beating the crap out of Big 12 teams from Texas (I like Houston…Go Houston!!!). They’re not quite the ring-tailed wow they were last year and Robinson doesn’t seem to have found his groove yet…but it’s Missouri….I’m predicting the win goes to OKLAHOMA STATE

Kansas at Colorado

Kansas…ha. A team with a good running attack can run all over them…but Colorado doesn’t have one of those. A team with a decent passing attack can throw against them all day…but Colorado doesn’t have one of those. A team with a decent set of linebacker and cover guys can stop them in their tracks….but Colorado doesn’t have any of those things either. The only thing that Colorado has that Kansas does is a big bag of wind standing on the sideline…except Mangino can actually coach. The only drama involved with this game is finding out if Mangino is really going to go out trick or treating dressed as the Hindenburg….I’m predicting the win goes to: KANSAS

Texas A&M at Kansas State

Frankly…I hate both teams and hope they play to a 0-0 tie after 20 overtime periods and then just get tired of playing and kind of drift off back to their respective dorms. Every time I hear the name Jerrod Johnson, I picture that idiot from the Subway commercials in a football uniform (is it the same guy? I’m sure I don’t know…or actually care). Sure, A&M looked pretty good against the Iowa School for the Blind and the Sisters of Mercy women’s football teams but they wilted quite a bit after they hit some real teams. Kansas State….bah…they can hang their hat on a blocked extra point. I think I probably hate them worse because they have a purple mascot. Barney was taken so they had to go with a feline or something. I’m predicting the win goes to TEXAS A&M

Baylor at Iowa State

Baylor is a perfect example of what happens when hype goes bad…”Ooooh, we’re going to a bowl game this year…Ooooh, we have the best quarterback since any of them…Ooooh, but we don’t need our great quarterback to win because the whole team is full of great recruits…” Blah blah blah. You had a quarterback and a decent running back but now your 1-2 threat is more like a ½ threat since Findley is going at around 80%. Iowa State’s coach told everyone his team would “Hit you coming off the bus…” Unfortunately he didn’t realize that the first two Big 12 games were on the road and the Cyclones would be the ones getting off the bus. By the time he discovered this, the door had hit the Cyclones in the ass on the way out as they blew two on the final play of the games. The Clones are standing on the edge between winners and losers…question is, which edge Baylor is going to shove them over. I’m predicting the win goes to IOWA STATE.

There are your picks…bet up your car, your house…whatever you have…on these. I’m never wrong. Trust me… <_<

Cy, man where you been? Did the family finally come up with $20.00, a case of Coors Lite, a 750 of Jack Daniels and a carton of Kools for your ransom? We almost had BRI put out an APB on you! Thank heaven you are safe man.

T_O_B

:nanalama:laughpound:laughpound:lol::lol::lol::laughpound:laughpound:nanalama

:laughpound If I knew that is all they were asking, I would have ponied up.