Which will help our BCS ranking? They are out Sunday.

Do we want to potentially play Oklahoma twice in the same year, considering they have a few losses already. WE NEVER LOSE TWICE TO THE SAME TEAM IN THE SAME YEAR! Or, do we want a B12 championship at Texas stadium (Texas Home Game) for a trip to a BCS bowl. I hope Texas wins at the last minute or in overtime, then we slaughter the sooners, then Texas (Our offense should be clicking by then). :restore

Your infinite wisdom is welcomed!

My best Kool-Aid-fueled answer:

Texas and Nebraska win out. Florida drops one in the regular season. Nebraska goes into the CCG ranked around 5-6. Texas is 1 and Bama is 2. Nebraska beats #1 Texas and Bama beats #3-4 Florida. Nebraska jumps any remaining one-loss team(s) ahead of them. #1 Bama vs. #2 Nebraska.

:koolaid2:

More realistic answer: BCS only matters for the top two. I'll be happy if Nebraska finds a way to finish in the AP top 10.

My best Kool-Aid-fueled answer:

Texas and Nebraska win out. Florida drops one in the regular season. Nebraska goes into the CCG ranked around 5-6. Texas is 1 and Bama is 2. Nebraska beats #1 Texas and Bama beats #3-4 Florida. Nebraska jumps any remaining one-loss team(s) ahead of them. #1 Bama vs. #2 Nebraska.

:koolaid2:

More realistic answer: BCS only matters for the top two. I'll be happy if Nebraska finds a way to finish in the AP top 10.

Sir your pool of Kool-Aid is waiting. :koolaid2:

the_library_koh_samui.jpg

Do we want to potentially play Oklahoma twice in the same year, considering they have a few losses already. WE NEVER LOSE TWICE TO THE SAME TEAM IN THE SAME YEAR! Or, do we want a B12 championship at Texas stadium (Texas Home Game) for a trip to a BCS bowl. I hope Texas wins at the last minute or in overtime, then we slaughter the sooners, then Texas (Our offense should be clicking by then). :restore

at this point a Husker win over TT should be all we give a damn about...the other stuff we have no control over means nothing......who cares? focus on Tech.

at this point a Husker win over TT should be all we give a damn about...the other stuff we have no control over means nothing......who cares? focus on Tech.

:blink:

Can someone on this board enlighten me as to why someone would make a post such as the one above???

The original question is a common discussion in thousands of workplaces and homes across NE, yet someone has to try and ruin the discussion. Is there something bad that would happen if we don't focus on Tech? What if the fans look past Tech and are thinking about Oklahoma? Does that increase our chances of a loss because we weren't focused on Tech?

I can see the headline on Sunday "NU Loss Due to Fans Looking Ahead at OU".

Anyway, I like the idea of winning out and finishing in the top 10, it seems like that would be a huge leap forward in just two years. Our offense needs to start putting together some drives and get some rhythm back.

I just want to be in a Bowl that is broadcast on regular 'free' TV. :)