the future is green!!

It seems to me that Lee stares down his receivers too. I was still behind Lee after the Mizzou game because of the weather. But now, I think I'm switching to the Green bandwagon. Sure, he almost had a few balls picked off, but he just needs more experience. Lee has had 5 games. He still seems so nervous in there. He has happy feet and dances around and can't find a receiver and just seems like his head isn't there. He reminds me way too much of Mr. Keller, and we know how that turned out. Green seems much more poised and probably will have better success with some experience.

Really, 'cos I recall Lee at his best throwing 3 touchdowns in five minutes in the rain.

I guess that's not much of a threat.

And two of them were a total of 30 yds that were set up by the D. If he drove the team down the field a few times it would be different, but he has yet to do that against a decent team. I'm for Green getting in and maybe changing up the offense a bit running a little option.

Really, 'cos I recall Lee at his best throwing 3 touchdowns in five minutes in the rain.

And two of them were a total of 30 yds that were set up by the D. If he drove the team down the field a few times it would be different, but he has yet to do that against a decent team. I'm for Green getting in and maybe changing up the offense a bit running a little option.

No offence, but the D set them up almost everytime inside the 15yd line. Two of those scores were because the O was set up very nicely by the D. Probelm is, no matter how great our D is, they can't be expected to do that every freaking time. By the way, yes Green made some mistakes but he showed great poise in the pocket. Given more chances I feel he will be great, Lee had his chance and in every big game he hasn't done well. Granted we came back in the fourth quarter of the Mizzu game, but again, that was ALL because of our defense giving (because of two INT's) the O a VERY short field to work with. If not for the D doing what they did against Mizzu in the fourth quarter, we probably would have lost that game. It never was because Lee was so great that he engineered such spectacular drives to score 27 unaswered points.

Man I so called it the day Green signed his LOI to come here.. IT may have been a week later but I knew all of YOU Cody Green the TRUE FRESHMAN haters would be calling for him to play and start....I even had it in my sig but I changed it after Green had his 49 yard run earlier this years... Reap it. If NEB wants to compete with the big boys they are going to have to play the freshman if they are that good....

Yeah it's been mentioned before. Green was in a pass only situation trying to force things due to the score. I think we should be a running team and Green gives us an added dimension in that area and has enough passing ability to balance that out. Bo wants to establish the line of scrimmage. Green can escape traffic and create plays and adds another dimension of offensive sets that watson can use (option for one).

Since your posting this tripe all over I'll just copy and paste what I put to this exact message in another thread.

"Yawn.

You didn't know sh#t. You made a baseless guess and it worked out for you. The fact that Cody has a great shot at taking over this team doesn't validate you in any respect, and frankly I don't see it as a generally good thing. I wish our recruiting was to the point where we wouldn't have to have a true freshman with strange throwing mechanics starting for us. But that's the hand this team's been dealt.

Careful not to pull something stepping off that high horse."

It seems to me that Lee stares down his receivers too. I was still behind Lee after the Mizzou game because of the weather. But now, I think I'm switching to the Green bandwagon. Sure, he almost had a few balls picked off, but he just needs more experience. Lee has had 5 games. He still seems so nervous in there. He has happy feet and dances around and can't find a receiver and just seems like his head isn't there. He reminds me way too much of Mr. Keller, and we know how that turned out. Green seems much more poised and probably will have better success with some experience.

Ding, ding, ding, ding.

I've been thinking this all year. His playing style, his attitude with the media, pretty much everything about him reminds me of Sam Keller. We all remember what happened when our backup came in for Keller right? Who knows, at least with Green we're working towards something. With Lee it seems we're just sitting still.

Cody has potential but if the O line and Shawn doesn't call a better game were f'd!

Exactly. Frazier couldn't help this team out.

Whoah whoah whoah....

Lets not jump to conclusions here!

Tommie Frazier was a leader. Leaders win games.

Joe Ganz was a leader. He won games we had no business competing in.

Zac Lee is not a leader. He loses games we should win.

Well, I am unsure what side I fall on here. Green needs some working tossing the ball IMO. Even the completions were behind the recievers usually, and the picks/near picks were bad.

On the other hand, he seems to have a good pocket presence, he definitely has some pepper on his throws (maybe why that one wasn't picked, lol). And while his release might not be 100% orthodox, its relatively quick. I'm a big fan of QB's that have a quick smooth release. He also seemed to spot the open recievers well.

But the biggest reason for at least using him more might be the running threat factor. TT wasn't really respecting Lee on the read, the QB part needs to make them pay more for not respecting it.