Officiating

shyndy

Two penalties really stood out in my mind.

1) Sheffield's "Oh, it's intentional grounding. JK LOL. We will negate the flag"

2) Zac Lee get's hit while throwing the ball, and this is apparently intentional grounding.

How is it NOT intentional grounding when Sheffield threw the ball out of bounds? What, they are going to sit there and tell me there was a receiver in the area, 20 FEET IN THE AIR!?!? Real slick, refs.

Oh BTW, you didn't cost us the game, but you sure as hell like to make it hard for us to win.

This was also a very bad call on refs, not to call the IG on sheffield but they called it on Lee.

Not saying that Lee's pass was not IG, but there was more of a reciever in the area of Lee's pass than with Sheffield's.

Exactly.

Lee under threw his target very poorly, but calling IG against Lee and not calling it against Sheffield is just down right bad officiating.

I believe that the fact that every play is getting reviewed now that the officials no longer give a crap. If big brother is watching their every move it is making them apathetic, if you all thought your game was bad then you should have watched Florida and Arkansas, it was a travesty.

Another bad call the hand to the facemask from Jared Crick but yet the Offensive Lineman can do it too????? Replay showed it in slow mo and both players were doing it???

I didn't think the facemask was a bad call, i think it was legit, but i do not agree with the penatly on Crick for roughing the passer.

oh it was legit, crick had hold of it, but he probably didnt know it, sure couldnt see it WITH THE OTHER GUYS HANDS GROPING ALL OVER HIS MASK give me a break, no way to see one but not the other. Offsetting penalties, replay a 3rd and long.

Gawd awful officiating can sure take away the home field advantage.

Wat was the deal with the flag they threw then The ref's Had a POW-WOW and come back and say there is a malfunction in the paging systems? And I agree the ref's today sucked. The Pass interference call int he 4th Was total B.s Imo. How Did #92 for tech not get called for offside's? He continuely jumped the gun. idk I thought the ref's would bad at half time but Wat can U do I guess?

1) Sheffield's "Oh, it's intentional grounding. JK LOL. We will negate the flag"

2) Zac Lee get's hit while throwing the ball, and this is apparently intentional grounding.

How is it NOT intentional grounding when Sheffield threw the ball out of bounds? What, they are going to sit there and tell me there was a receiver in the area, 20 FEET IN THE AIR!?!? Real slick, refs.

Oh BTW, you didn't cost us the game, but you sure as hell like to make it hard for us to win.

HOW THE f#*k DO YOU CALL A PENALTY AND THEN...... TAKE IT BACK?!?!?!!?! I have never seen that in my entire life until today. Every game I have watched before that, once the HEAD REF announces the penalty it is set in stone. This is the second week in a row we have had f'ing retards parading around as zebras.

Remember last week...? When the ref asked Bo what he wanted.... then was like, "Kidding... the penalties on you!... GOTCHYA!"

WHAT A f'ing JOKE! :steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

While we are all stewing over our offense, how about some good old fashioned scapegoating?!

Now, I'm not gonna say we deserved to win, but the score to me was more like 14 TT, 10 NU, -7 Niles and the two guys who just stood there, and the rest at least goes to the refs.

Actually, I can make an argument for about 21 points off the board for TT if the Refs didn't suck so much.

1. the DPI on West, bad call and they are otherwise pushing a long field goal

2. the personal foul on Suh. Once again they would have been maybe out of field goal range for their kicker.

3. on the 4th & 1, yeah it was a good call by leach, lucky sh#t that I hope someday backfires on him so hard that he loses his job, but the WR practically tackled O'Hanlon. Would have made it like a 4th and 7 after the penalty probly.

That is on top of the fact that there should have been somewhere in the ball park of 5-7 holds called on Tech, yet they had NO HOLDING PENALTIES (I believe this is correct).

Don't forget the intentional grounding that they didn't call in the first quarter. I lost my voice screaming at them for that. They definitely sucked today. I figured it was worth about 10 points. I couldn't see any bad calls against Tech from my vantage point at the 10 yard line. The refs really do seem to screw us more the last couple years than in the past. But, the loss falls on the offense. I didn't think the D played badly considering how long they were out there. Tech is always going to get their points.

Having watched most of the Big 12 games today, and seeing how the games were officiated, it really seems like there is a bias towards the south. Of today's match ups only MU had fewer penalties than the south counterpart. And MU got screwed of a call and the subsequent review that ended up giving the ball to OSU before the game was really out of hand.

the roughing the passer was absolute BS... he was in the effing air towards the QB when his arm was winding up to pass, the threw the pass, and got laid out.... what are we supposed to do? change direction in the effin air?? Jesus... also, the no-call on the facemask on the sideline when we had the ball, dont remember who it was on because i was too pi$$ed off to remember but that was bs also.. as well as the grounding calls. either one way or the other. not against us for them. no way in hell.

This was also a very bad call on refs, not to call the IG on sheffield but they called it on Lee.

Not saying that Lee's pass was not IG, but there was more of a reciever in the area of Lee's pass than with Sheffield's.

I thought people in our section were going to storm the field and burn the refs at the stake. I've been to more games than I can count at Memorial Stadium--and usually sit around the same people. I haven't seen our section get that mad at the officials. Ever.

lee's pass didn't go beyond the line of scrimmage, that's why it was IG

There are two things that have to happen to keep it from being IG. The QB has to be out of the tackle box, and the pass must go beyond the line of scrimmage. Sure Lee's pass didn't go beyond the line of scrimmage, but when the QB is hit as he throws, the hit inhibits the QB's ability to get the ball beyond the line of scrimmage. Any ref with a f**king brain knows that. The key word here is "INTENTIONAL". If the QB is trying to make a play, then it isn’t INTENTIONAL grounding. However, in the case of Sheffield, when he was still in the tackle box, AND was obviously throwing it away to avoid a sack that WAS INTENTIONAL. :bang

I know it is ridiculous to expect the refs to know anything, but if they would just stay the f**k out of the way at least they wouldn't do so much damage. :steam

This group was terrible. They had so many blown calls and not consistent throughout the game on what was a late hit and what was not.

Not saying that they cost us the game, they missed calls in favor of us too.. the first int green threw and was called incomplete, but they were terrible...

I don't know what was worse in this game, the refs or the performance from our qb/offense