Bo Pelini: Great Motivator, Bad Coach?

Bo Pelini has always been regarded as a defensive guru. I believe that defense is more about will and desire and heart than executing. Pelini has the ability to get in people's faces and light a fire under your a$$ which allows him to be a great defensive coach. HOWEVER, I really question how great of a HEAD coach he is and will ever be because he IMO, does not know how to coach, only motivate. He does not know what goes on on the offensive side of the ball and Im not even sure if he knows the intricacies and techniques needed to coach an entire team. Im really starting to wonder if he is the right hire and how long he will be here for....that is unless he starts learning from Dr. Tom all day every day ASAP.

Bo Pelini has always been regarded as a defensive guru. I believe that defense is more about will and desire and heart than executing. Pelini has the ability to get in people's faces and light a fire under your a$$ which allows him to be a great defensive coach. HOWEVER, I really question how great of a HEAD coach he is and will ever be because he IMO, does not know how to coach, only motivate. He does not know what goes on on the offensive side of the ball and Im not even sure if he knows the intricacies and techniques needed to coach an entire team. Im really starting to wonder if he is the right hire and how long he will be here for....that is unless he starts learning from Dr. Tom all day every day ASAP.

Are you serious!

Are you serious!

100%.....what has he done to prove otherwise?

Very, very vague statements with no specifics to back it up.

He does not know what goes on on the offensive side of the ball and Im not even sure if he knows the intricacies and techniques needed to coach an entire team.

You're gonna have to be a LOT more specific than that.

Very, very vague statements with no specifics to back it up.

He does not know what goes on on the offensive side of the ball and Im not even sure if he knows the intricacies and techniques needed to coach an entire team.

You're gonna have to be a LOT more specific than that.

He doesn't coach the offense at all. He delegates everything related to the offense to Watson. During practice Pelini only coaches the defense. Watson runs the rest of the show and they all get together for special teams and a final pep talk that goes something like this.....

Bo: "Good practice today, the defense worked great. Watts, how did everything go today?"

Watson: "Practice was great, good work today guys."

Bo: "Great, shower up and we'll see you guys tomorrow."

Obviously this is very vague but true. I know because I have watched SEVERAL practices.

Just watch Bo during the game and tell me how many offensive huddles he is a part of during time outs and in between quarters.

The fact that Bo doesn't work with the offense at all tells me that he does not know what is going on.

Are you serious!

100%.....what has he done to prove otherwise?

Dude i will not put anything on here to get me banned but let me give you some food for thought.

This is his 2nd year. He was specifically sent here to fix the defense, which he has. Since hes more a D guy then an O guy he has assistant coaches to handle the stuff he doesnt have mastered. Even the great TO had multiple coaches helping him out. Why are you ready to hang him out to dry already. I mean f#*k we were 9-4 last year. 9 and 4 comming off a 5-7 loss season with some of the biggest upseats we have ever had. He took what sh*t calahan had left behind and turned them in to a group of guys who would fight. We didnt win every game but sometimes you dont need to. Sometimes you need to lose. People learn from there mistakes and move on. We just need to get the guys we have motivated and finish out the season the best they can do. Then work on the rest its that simple. Did you forget that even TO had bad seasons, sometimes talent didnt work out. People get hirt, people f#*k up and tet thrown off the team. Jesus man, wheres your husker pride. Pelini isnt god but he has turned this team around 180 from where it was a few years ago. And you wana hang him out because we lose a game. Jesus weve lost plenty of games badly. You think you have it bad, i half to face all the dumbass iowa hawkey fans on monday gloating about how awsome there team is. While i wear my husker gear and hold my head high.

Then you aren't watching closely... You want me to send you a tape of 7 on 7 practice. Thank you for saying this because no I know your opinion is worthless.

7 on 7 summer ball? Oh great, yippee.

Can anyone guess who has an inferiority complex?...

Psst... It's 'HuskerBCS'..

Get out of here with those ridiculously negative comments. You're obviously going to lose respect on a message board if you come on posting about how bad the HC is, when he's the only reason we are turning things around.

So, are you a bandwagon fan? Jumped on in the 90's? or do you just have so little faith that one loss is enough to completely crush your hope and have you calling for a new HC already... :facepalm: