Big 12 coaches

So, in the last month I have seen that these coaches in the Big 12 should all be fired.

1. Bob Stoops

2. Mike Gundy

3. Dan Hawkins

4. Shawn Watson

5. Bo Pelini

6. Mike Sherman and his entire staff

7. Mike Leach

8. The ISU special teams coach

9. Bill Snyder

10. Gary Pinkle

Come to think of it, Briles and Brown might be the only two coaches that I have not read anything about when it comes to getting fired.

My point is, maybe its time to relax a bit. Sure there are things that need to be fixed at NU and I am sure no one wants them fixed more then the staff. Are they all the very best coaches for NU? I dont know, I personally do not like the lack of offensive identitiy and would like to see that addressed. I would rather see a WVU type offense or a Bama type offense, either zone/read (with a QB who will actually run) or that power running running game that bama has.

The wierd thing about Hawkins though, we are actually improving, we shutout Wyoming, played competitive against WVU and UT and then beat KU. At this point Hawk isn't going to get fired because we have no money to fire him and if the team can win some games who knows, the schedule is still in our favor.

Great post BeachBuff,

knee jerk reactions by some fans seem so in tune at first then things change and they seem ridiculous. I love making fun of the buffs (sorry) but I never thought Hawkins was that bad of a coach. Just needs time and less nepotism. :dunno

Hell, I gave B _ _ _ C 4 years of my life before I puked. :laughpound

GBR

It was just a matter of time before the Buffs put one together. After watching the Squawks, Tigers and Huskers play as of late, there is no reason not to include the Buffs as contenders in the North. I wonder what the tie breaker is for 4 teams unranked at 4-4? Maybe they would have to ask for a volunteer!!! :laughpound

It was just a matter of time before the Buffs put one together. After watching the Squawks, Tigers and Huskers play as of late, there is no reason not to include the Buffs as contenders in the North. I wonder what the tie breaker is for 4 teams unranked at 4-4? Maybe they would have to ask for a volunteer!!! :laughpound

:lol: Yeah, a volunteer to go and get slaughtered...........

The wierd thing about Hawkins though, we are actually improving, we shutout Wyoming, played competitive against WVU and UT and then beat KU. At this point Hawk isn't going to get fired because we have no money to fire him and if the team can win some games who knows, the schedule is still in our favor.

playing competitve to a team (WVU) you should have beat is not improving.

I don't hear a lot of people calling for Pinkel's head yet, although there are a few. I'd give him another year and if it didn't improve, or got worse, I would part ways. What sucks is the contract they gave him last season is basiaclly a lifetime deal. Sure, we could get rid of him but would owe him a mint. What sucks even more than that. The four final candidates when Pinkel was hired. Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Terry Bowden and Pinkel. Could have done without Bowden but seriously, Pinkel?

Brown has 1 conference title in 24 years and when OU was down and out he can only win by a FG vs a freshman QB and a bad FG kicker. How the heck did Stoops score 63 and 65 on UT under Brown? OU played lights out defense vs a supposedly great UT offense. That defense would have won the game with a healthy Bradford and Gresham. #50 for OU was 265 lb TE playing LG!!! Mack Brown is a JOKE!!!

Brown has 1 conference title in 24 years and when OU was down and out he can only win by a FG vs a freshman QB and a bad FG kicker. How the heck did Stoops score 63 and 65 on UT under Brown? OU played lights out defense vs a supposedly great UT offense. That defense would have won the game with a healthy Bradford and Gresham. #50 for OU was 265 lb TE playing LG!!! Mack Brown is a JOKE!!!

Mack Brown is a consistent top 10 coach and national championship contender!

I live in Austin and graduated from UT. He does not schedule tough non league games, his team has 1 conference title, yet he is in the top school in the #1 state for D1 talent? How did he allow OU to score 63 and 65 points on his team? Why does Stoops have 6 Big 12 titles in 9 seasons to his 1 in 24? Why hasn't he played for more than 1 BCS title, while Stoops at age 49 has played in 4? Mack Brown sits in the lap of luxury. UT should be USC (7 straight conference titles and 7 straight BCS games and only 1 loss in them) but Brown's accomplishments are not even close to USC. The Big 12 is not a strong league. When OU won in 2000, NU, KSU, UT and OU were all strong and ranked in the top 10. There are not 4 top 10 caliber teams in this league and last year's teams could not have beaten those 2000 teams, all of which had great defenses, save for UT. How are you a nation championship contender when you have only reached a title game ONCE? GET REAL!!! UT is like bragging on the millionaire's kids because they are the best dressed and have the nicest home and car. What NU and OU accomplish is great coaching, having 5 and 7 MNCs compared to UT's 3.5. UT has everything going for them and yet have not produced results equal to their resources and hype.

Yes it is, to go to WVU and play competitive is a sign of improving in comparison to Toledo for you to argue different is a sign that you have no sense of football whaysoever. Right now if CU can beat teams like ISU and Kjuco State and then pull off a win against Mizzou or NU then it will be enough for him to retain his job. I have been on the bandwagon against Hawkins since CSU but last night when I saw the incredible amount of sophmores starting and beating KU it really gave me hope and optimism. Seriously, who else in the conference can lay calim to beating such a highly ranked team outside of OSU beating a high ranked Georgia team at the beginning of the season?

Yes it is, to go to WVU and play competitive is a sign of improving in comparison to Toledo for you to argue different is a sign that you have no sense of football whaysoever. Right now if CU can beat teams like ISU and Kjuco State and then pull off a win against Mizzou or NU then it will be enough for him to retain his job. I have been on the bandwagon against Hawkins since CSU but last night when I saw the incredible amount of sophmores starting and beating KU it really gave me hope and optimism. Seriously, who else in the conference can lay calim to beating such a highly ranked team outside of OSU beating a high ranked Georgia team at the beginning of the season?

CU is improving, they have played very well the last few weeks, and got it done last night, they will get better, they have just as good a shot at the north as NU does right now. Just as long as Cody Hawkins keeps riding the pine :lol: