Lets move on. ISU next week

Husker66

OK,

Lets move on to next week. I got a chance to see a little of ISU against KU. they have an OK passing game (gulp). Don't know a lot more than that. KU seemed to struggle with them mightily on both sides of the ball. After this weekend in Boulder and watching KU basically running on fumes most of this year with all the close games, I like our chances.

We have them in Lincoln. I think our D is going to take out some aggression. I think Cody Green is going to have a break out game with some nice running and deep pass attack. Anyone else????just trying to begin to get moving on....if that is possible.

Cy the Cyclone....what you think?

OK,

Lets move on to next week. I got a chance to see a little of ISU against KU. they have an OK passing game (gulp). Don't know a lot more than that. KU seemed to struggle with them mightily on both sides of the ball. After this weekend in Boulder and watching KU basically running on fumes most of this year with all the close games, I like our chances.

We have them in Lincoln. I think our D is going to take out some aggression. I think Cody Green is going to have a break out game with some nice running and deep pass attack. Anyone else????just trying to begin to get moving on....if that is possible.

I agree with most everything except for the part where you said KU had problems with them on both sides of the ball. Eeernt. KU had absolutely no trouble with ISU's defense. The Clones are a sorry bunch against the pass especially. I think of Cody starts he'll have himself a hell of a game that will solidify confidence in him until about the time of the Oklahoma game, at which point we'll see where Nebraska's at in the big picture.

OK,

I agree with most everything except for the part where you said KU had problems with them on both sides of the ball. Eeernt. KU had absolutely no trouble with ISU's defense. The Clones are a sorry bunch against the pass especially. I think of Cody starts he'll have himself a hell of a game that will solidify confidence in him until about the time of the Oklahoma game, at which point we'll see where Nebraska's at in the big picture.

I guess not trying to be rude Husker X but what more did you need to see at how we are.

OK,

I guess not trying to be rude Husker X but what more did you need to see at how we are.

Oh believe me I'm not over confident in this offense if Lee starts. But I've watched Iowa State in two games, and let me tell you, ANYONE could move the ball on this defense. They're slow and out of position almost every play. Our offense ain't world beaters, but to rack up 21 points would be sufficient to put this one away, and we can probably count on special teams or defense for seven of those.

We're going to need to establish a ground game to take some pressure off of Lee or Green. Look for Helu and, and I'm thinking Robinson, to get some good touches. It's obvious they want to play Robinson, having burned his redshirt and getting him on the field already. Even more so because none of the other guys at that position really stepped up and broke a big run.

Also, I have a feeling Lee and Green may share time.

The defense will hold strong and get us a "W," but I think we need to stay focused on offense for this to be a sure deal. We can't expect our D to stay out on the field for large chunks of time without rest and be as effective.

Iowa State's offensive line is definitely their strength. They are alot better than last year and their offense can move the ball. Our D cannot take this one off. Iowa St is good at running and Arnaud can get the ball to his receivers.

Their D isn't good, but I also don't have much faith in our offense. I say this would be a good test for Green to start. Lee isn't going to suddenly "get it". He has failed three times. No more excuses. Start Green! We will have some growing pains with him, but at least he knows how to step up in the pocket and deliver the football.

I guess from an ISU defensive perspective, I was thinking KU did not rack up 60 points on ISU, but KU isn't doing that on anyone this year....that is a 3 man show over there. ISU was 2 yards from winning that game on an off balance overthrown pressured pass.

the team just needs to collect itself, breathe deeply, heal , go one day at a time and slowly begin in a new direction offensively and gather momentum. hopefully we will have an oppty with ISU and Baylor coming up to get some new kids some reps. Not that Baylor and ISU will be push overs.

I would love to see Cody get a lot of reps, even if it screws up the rythm a bit. At this point he is probably the closest thing we have to a future at QB1. get some new kids some carries. work our TE's more and try to establish a bit more power game in the middle of the field(i know, i know , we need good fundamental O line for this). I am tired of all this damned WC O all the time with Lee hitting his recievers in the back outside shoulder blade 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage..

I'm afraid we are going to see Watson try and fix what's broken instead of replacing it. Play not to lose is his apparant mo. I know one rule I would have for the line. Get called for a penalty and you're gonna be sitting for a while. The offense is very undisciplined and that is generally a coaching problem. I think I would also be giving some younger wideouts the bulk of the practice snaps this week also. Paul and Holt can sit by the next lineman that jumps on the pile.

This game is going to be pretty simple, imho, despite our current offensive woes.

Defensively, we are still very good. We held a TT offense that has not passed for few than 300 yards this year to 259 total net yards. Granted, we gave up 31 points, but the defense only gave up 24. I don't fault our defense at all for the TT game. They had their blown assignments, but you can't expect a defense to be on the field for that long (thanks to offensive woes) and expect them to stop TT every time. We gave up just as many points defensively as Texas did.

Offensively, we will be fine no matter who is at Quarterback. This is still ISU, one of the worst defenses in the B12 and in the nation. I liken them to a Sun Belt team, which means we should do well. <_< That said, I think Lee will still be our starter come Saturday. It would be awesome to see Green grab the spot so we can see what he can do, but I'm not holding my breath.

Final Score - Nebraska 44, ISU 10.

Helu will also have a moderately productive game, but I don't expect to see him go over 100 yards. If he does, it won't be by much.

Ok let's move on. <_<

What kind of offense game plan will Nebraska come up with this week?

Block somebody... <_< Get back to basics, don't see dramatic changes coming, but I bet the offense all together is wishing for next saturday right now, this weeks practice won't be pretty... This team will bounce back.