Pelini's behavior

Did the folks sticking up for Bo’s tantrums stick up for Billy C for his throat slash or when he got angry and called OU fans F’n Hillbillies? <_< Or were there different standards during those times? Just wondering. :dunno

When you get F'ed, you get angry. If you don't, then you get trampled. You have to state your case and put your foot down at some point

As far as “if you don’t get angry and put your foot down you are going to get trampled” stuff, how did not getting angry at bad calls from Officials work for Dr. Tom? He got screwed plenty by the boys in stripes and he never looked like an angry wife-beater afterwards.

Disclaimer: The wife-beater comment is a generalization of someone with possible anger issues. It DOESN’T mean I think Pelini beats his wife or ever has. Please don’t make it into that.

Did the folks sticking up for Bo’s tantrums stick up for Billy C for his throat slash or when he got angry and called OU fans F’n Hillbillies? Or were there different standards during those times? Just wondering.

I did. I never liked Callahan and knew he was never going to be a long-term part of our school. Be that as it may, I had no problem with the throat slash and thought it was pretty silly that he took so much heat for it.

I find it interesting, and not all that surprising, that this comes up after a heartbreaking loss. Last year, people started going on about his behavior at times, virtually every time after a loss.

The simple fact is, if we are winning then it is seen as him being fiery and a great motivator. If we lose, then it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Also, newearthusker, although I was not alive during Tom's earlier years, I have heard many stories about how he was not always the stoic pillar of calmness that many know him as. Sure, he was never Devaney, but to say that he never got angry about bad calls is likely an exaggeration.

His childish behavior is getting old. His job is to get his team ready to play and to win. When his team stinks up the joint he needs to answer the questions with professionalism.

So far he is getting a pass. However his act is getting old. He thinks his gruff demeanor is that of that coach that cares. Where in fact it's an act of a coach that doesn't know how to handle criticism.

Answer the questions Bo. "What do you think. Next question!" is not an answer.

Don't discount the most loyal fan base in America Bo. We have earned the right to be critical and we will be critical until you do your job and do it to the standards of NU Football.

WORD!

His childish behavior is getting old. His job is to get his team ready to play and to win. When his team stinks up the joint he needs to answer the questions with professionalism.

So far he is getting a pass. However his act is getting old. He thinks his gruff demeanor is that of that coach that cares. Where in fact it's an act of a coach that doesn't know how to handle criticism.

Don't discount the most loyal fan base in America Bo. We have earned the right to be critical and we will be critical until you do your job and do it to the standards of NU Football.

WORD!

I don’t agree with you on much but I totally agree with you here.

People say “we knew what we were getting” with Bo, on the same note “he knew what he was getting into” as far as the media and fanbase go.

WORD!

I don’t agree with you on much but I totally agree with you here.

People say “we knew what we were getting” with Bo, on the same note “he knew what he was getting into” as far as the media and fanbase go.

You're learning. Baby steps, but you're still leaning.

:laughpound

Gill wouldn't be yelling at refs like this and would be more cordial to the media.

That is because Gill is an honorable and decent man of integrity and is mature enough to see the big picture. Men like Gill are rare --- but are certainly a breath of fresh air when you see them or are around them. Integrity, class, and good sportsmanship are becoming increasingly rare these days in sports. Since the advent of the internet, decency and decorum, and honorable interchange have taken a back seat to ranting and rudeness on the behalf of fans.

Both fans and coaches alike should model their behavior off of people like Turner Gill. Ron Brown is yet another example of fine character --- another who handles situations well and with integrity and reasonableness. These are the types you'd like to see the youth in America pattern their conduct after.

As for Bo.... he is a fine X's and O's guy, he knows the game well, he is a motivator of his players. But.... Bo has not displayed the character/integrity/class and/or sportsmanship and respect for others that guys like Gill and Brown have. Maybe he will mature. Grow up some. Grow into being more than just a coach but a leader and a fine representative for the university. I hope so. He certainly has a fine model to draw from in Tom Osborne --- who, like Gill and Brown, is a man worthy of respect.

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

Okay, so your opinion is wrong. We're happy that you now realize what we've know for a long time.

Let me elaborate on how wrong you are. Take Pelini out of the equation and insert Callafraud, or some other coach like Meyer, or the fat guy from Notre Dame. If you saw/ heard those comments from those guys you would understand just how much a baby he is acting like.

You're welcome.

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

Okay, so your opinion is wrong. We're happy that you now realize what we've know for a long time.

Seriously dude, what is with you and calling opinions wrong or right? For christ sake, you can disagree with an opinion. You can offer a different opinion. You can even try to persuade somebody of your opinion.

However, you can not have an opinion that is right or wrong the way you use it. Only facts can be considered such. Basic 8th grade education would teach you this.

Not trying to be an asshat here, but this has been going on for a while now and wanted to say something.

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

Seriously dude, what is with you and calling opinions wrong or right? For christ sake, you can disagree with an opinion. You can offer a different opinion. You can even try to persuade somebody of your opinion.

However, you can not have an opinion that is right or wrong the way you use it. Only facts can be considered such. Basic 8th grade education would teach you this.

Not trying to be an asshat here, but this has been going on for a while now and wanted to say something.

Seriously dude. I'm having fun and being right. You might want to try it.

Besides I heard the "wrong opinion" thing the other day found it funny as hell. It was applicable here so I used it.

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

I don't know if that was meant for me or not, but I just thought the video was funny.

WORD!

McAeQiLmEYU

I don't know if that was meant for me or not, but I just thought the video was funny.

The video is awesomly funny but he is WRONG