Pelini's behavior

This entire asinine discussion would be hilarious if it didn't seem like so many people were taking it so seriously.

Let's get one thing straight. These media people LOVE the fact that Bo is crass, hotheaded, and yes, 'boorish'. They may tell you as they take their silk gloves off over a freshly poured cup of tea that they're being mistreated ("Oh, I dare say, what is the world coming to? Quite a row he had with those zebra's, eh? And now I have to suffer!")

bullsh#t.

In the same moment that Barf sits at his computer scribbling embarrassed nothings about Bo's demeanor, his quivering jowls are dripping beneath a jagged-tooth grin. This is great press. Free column. It'll sell like hotcakes. Bo's a wildman. He's unstable. Somebody get the number for a good anger management therapist.

Now let's move on to this 'face of the organization' argument. Two years ago I couldn't click a link without hearing some reporter whine about Callahan's undiminished press conference smile that beamed win, loss, or blowout. Too much coachspeak, they said. He's a professional question dodger. Frankly I'm more comfortable with a man who cusses in his answers. Why? Because a cussing man never lies. Honestly, you people who are bouncing foot to foot in nervous anticipation over how Bo makes you look, what would you prefer? You ask a bulldog competitor how he feels after his offense took a sh#t all over memorial stadium at the exact moment that Nebraska seemed to be leaping forward as a program?

This whole conversation is a complete waste of time. You don't want to get one word answers and snippy replies? How about letting the head man sleep it off and talk to him on Sunday. Whatever the answer is, I as a fan and a paper reader could give two sh#ts and a bag of white rice what the media people feel about their access. The only thing I trust less than a politician is a journalist.

Damn, you summed up my feelings perfectl.

Those are all good points and true. But, this goes deeper.

The quip to the media "you watched the game" is growing old

And if he spends 10 minutes chewing the ear of a ref while the clock is running he can not coach while he is doing this! And we are losing....

But, people please do not boo our coaches or our players!

What TO sees and worries him is when the fans start leaving the stadium. If you need to express your frustatration just leave when the place gets empty before the 4th qtr TO and others do notice big time.

So saying "you watched the game" when adressing the media is growing old but these Bo Pelini threads are not getting old????

Football is a man's game. Get the little boys who continue to ask stupid questions each and every week out of the locker room. Don't give me the crap they are doing their jobs. When you ask questions like "Coach what happened out there? Pelini's response was, "we didn't execute in any phase of the game. We had guys in position to make plays and they didn't make them and it's our responsibilty to fix that. "Yeah but coach what happened out there"? Some dufus asked the same question after the VA Tech game. So these journalists went to college and can only come up with "what happened? What a waste of an education they got.

Now to on the field activities. Anyone watch Bob Stoops? People think he's a pretty good coach. He spends the entire game chasing the officials working to get calls. He was on the middle of the field a few times Saturday. Anyone who doesn't think the zebras didn't deserve some butt-chewing didn't watch the game.

And I can't let this go. People think of Tom Osborne as he was when he got older. Tom had an inner fire to win and succeed and he was far from meek and borish on the sideline. Tom's face would get as red as his hair in the old days when refs blew a call on the sideline. Lyell Bremser said that many times. The only difference now is the camera's cuts to NU's sideline after every play while back then, none of the games were on TV.

Absolutely brilliant post. A+ for assessment.

Press conference media is one big jerkoff to begin with. The same tedious a$$hole$ flip open their notebooks to find the same five questions they've been asking at every press conference since 1973. Bo simply has no patience for it. They watched the game. We all know what happened. There is not a single thing I am more educated on after a press conference than before it. Questions about the blackshirts and intensity––what is this sh#t?

I am nothing but relieved and delighted that Bo gives the media the finger. I relish it, actually. I hope those do-nothings squirm around in their chairs for fifteen minutes before rushing off to write the column they were all insidiously hoping they'd get to begin with. But save me the 'poor me' routine. As for official-hounding––it's the kind of thing people mention only after they've talked everything else to death after a loss. To quote Dan Hawkins, this ain't intramurals. Millions of dollars are on the line for some bumbling buffoon coming off cataract surgery to piss down the toilet because he's not even in position on the field.

I really thought Bo had been around big time FB and especially Nebraska FB long enough to know better. Apparently not. I don't care what kind of stress a 2 million $ football coach thinks he is under, he is really screwing up by acting like a jerk to the fans who support a program through thick and thin like no fans in the country. It is also beyond stupid to tick off the local media. Beyond stupid for a fledgling coach on a not very talented team.

Bo's team is not very good right now. If your team is not very good, don't pick a fight with the fans. Don't act like a jerk. If you go 11-1 or 12-0 and you act like a jerk and you denigrate the fans you are "eccentric". When you go 7-5 or 6-6 with our schedule, you are just a jerk making 2 million bucks while belittling the people paying big bucks and a lot of their time to come support your team. And the media you have offended buys ink by the barrel and when you are down will kick you--as you did them.

I don't have any confidence in this team to end the season well. I hope I am wrong, but a team often takes on the persona of the coach. In this case I don't see "firey", more like "desperate". I see something that could turn easily into a joke of a team, led by a joker. I hope I am wrong. One can see that not a single game on the schedule is a sure win at this point. Bo should get back to coaching on the field and in the athletic offices and learn to schmooze and be humble with the fans and the media--otherwise arrogance after a beatdown at the hands of KSU or ISU will not go well. Any of us that deal with the public who pays us know that the customer is not always right but is always the customer. Bo needs to learn that and get off his high horse--he has done NOTHING to this point in the world of Husker Football.

It's going to be a long way back for this program and we are likely to experience Callahan like valleys. Bo needs to have the Husker Nation behind him--not pick a fight with them. imo.

And if he spends 10 minutes chewing the ear of a ref while the clock is running he can not coach while he is doing this! And we are losing....

What TO sees and worries him is when the fans start leaving the stadium. If you need to express your frustatration just leave when the place gets empty before the 4th qtr TO and others do notice big time.

So saying "you watched the game" when adressing the media is growing old but these Bo Pelini threads are not getting old????

These threads are nothing except a good pulse of how the rabid masses feel!

The people who will make the decisions do not read these threads most do not use a computer but they have big fat checkbooks!

These threads are nothing except a good pulse of how the rabid masses feel!

The people who will make the decisions do not read these threads most do not use a computer but they have big fat checkbooks!

And these "rabid masses" that are making them aren't a representative sample of the true population because of a strong response bias... Those who are very against are likely to make the biggest response.

What else do you want him say to the media idiots that keep asking the same thing week in and week out? We performed well in every area? We played well but not well enough? We sucked? Saying "you watched the game" is the exact same deep meaning as "we sucked", just a different surface meaning. So what's the point?

I hope there aren't people on here, who wanted the University to hire Bo, complaining about Bo's behavior. The guy picked a fight with Snyder for running up the score in his year as an assistant, then drew a 15 yard penalty in his lone game as a head coach. How often do you see a HC get a flag? If you didn't see this coming, you had your eyes closed. I hope he doesn't do anything to completely embarrass the school, that's all. I'm ok with the rest.

Football is a man's game. Get the little boys who continue to ask stupid questions each and every week out of the locker room. Don't give me the crap they are doing their jobs. When you ask questions like "Coach what happened out there? Pelini's response was, "we didn't execute in any phase of the game. We had guys in position to make plays and they didn't make them and it's our responsibilty to fix that. "Yeah but coach what happened out there"? Some dufus asked the same question after the VA Tech game. So these journalists went to college and can only come up with "what happened? What a waste of an education they got.

Now to on the field activities. Anyone watch Bob Stoops? People think he's a pretty good coach. He spends the entire game chasing the officials working to get calls. He was on the middle of the field a few times Saturday. Anyone who doesn't think the zebras didn't deserve some butt-chewing didn't watch the game.

And I can't let this go. People think of Tom Osborne as he was when he got older. Tom had an inner fire to win and succeed and he was far from meek and borish on the sideline. Tom's face would get as red as his hair in the old days when refs blew a call on the sideline. Lyell Bremser said that many times. The only difference now is the camera's cuts to NU's sideline after every play while back then, none of the games were on TV.

To be honest..Bo's doing a little better job than I expected at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel Gill would have been better for the program (Long Term) but I also feel Bo might get us in the top 5 faster.

It used to be fun watching him bully scrawny media types, but yeah..it does get a little old..Watching him at pressers is a little like watching crotchety Joe Paterno address chastize the media...or maybe Parcels..It's fun at first, but are you sure you want to see his head explode?

I still wonder why Bo even wants to be a head coach..If I had his skeels and traits, I'd rather just come up with a Defensive plan every week, coach up my players and not have to deal with boosters or media hacks.

And if I was a Ref..I'd take sport in seeing if I could get him to stroke out on the field..The more he chews..the more I'd want to make him mad.

As for firing our Offensive staff?

Does anyone really want to mess with our recruiting classes every two years?..Has there been any top ten teams with a consistent Offense this season?

While I like the Passion I think Coach Pelini needs to dial it back some. I was surprised he didn't draw a flag Saturday. There may still be one coming if he repeats that performance. AD Osborne needs to sit him down again.

and that is the bottom line, nothing else other than that...we just expect some class from the man, afterall we are suppose to be a classy program and it starts with the coach.

Can a coach have "fire" and still be rational? He seems to work up into an uncontrolled frenzy, which on Saturday, brought a sense of chaos to the team instead of posed confidence that we could come back and win.

Love his fire, but sometimes it doesn't suit the situation.

:yeah I've stated it before in reference to Pelini's behaviour and I will again. Bo expects perfection in all phases of the game from his players, from the field to the classroom and beyond. He also expects perfection from the refs. Is it asking to much that we should expect that same perfection from Bo as to his coaching duties? Meeting with reporters and sideline demeaner are phases of coaching. Maybe Bo will have a press conference someday and nobody will ask him any questions.